Non-Minnesota NHL News XX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I guess I didn't realize how bad the Kings' cap situation is right now.

Still have Richards at 5.75 for 5 years, Brown at 5.875 for 7 years (ouch), Voynov at 4 for 4 years (because who knows if he'll play soon). Kopi will be a UFA after this year, so have to think he's getting a raise or at least long term for about the same now (6.8M). Gabby for 6 more years @ 5M at age 33 (though he hasn't slowed down yet, so not necessarily bad).

Gotta think that's a worse situation than us. A ton of long term contracts. Their guys don't have NMCs though, so maybe they'll manage to move some of them by some miracle or buyout Richards (which would be for 10 years..).

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Also, the new capfriendly site some of you posted about is awesome! Assuming they keep up with everything accurately.

Randy BoBandy

Cheeseburger Party
May 9, 2011
Sunnyvale
I guess I didn't realize how bad the Kings' cap situation is right now.

Still have Richards at 5.75 for 5 years, Brown at 5.875 for 7 years (ouch), Voynov at 4 for 4 years (because who knows if he'll play soon). Kopi will be a UFA after this year, so have to think he's getting a raise or at least long term for about the same now (6.8M). Gabby for 6 more years @ 5M at age 33 (though he hasn't slowed down yet, so not necessarily bad).

Gotta think that's a worse situation than us. A ton of long term contracts. Their guys don't have NMCs though, so maybe they'll manage to move some of them by some miracle or buyout Richards (which would be for 10 years..).

Much worse than us.

Richards and Brown are barely 3rd liners now. Our vets aren't that bad yet.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
You guys see the news about Zuccarello? Scary stuff.

Oh, and I'd give up a lot more than one draft's worth of picks for a cup.

FVM

This does not please me.
Jan 26, 2010
Vantaa, Finland
Olli Jokinen had a rare, in-depth interview where he got really candid about his career so far. Former coaches, teams, all kinds of juicy stuff. Thread on the main boards is here.

Finnish posters have done a good job translating the majority of the stuff in English, I did my small part too. Highly recommend checking it out.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Olli Jokinen had a rare, in-depth interview where he got really candid about his career so far. Former coaches, teams, all kinds of juicy stuff. Thread on the main boards is here.

Finnish posters have done a good job translating the majority of the stuff in English, I did my small part too. Highly recommend checking it out.

Anything Wild-related? Or any juicy stuff about current/former Wild players?

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota

I was just reading about that. Hopefully they can work something out, but it's hard to imagine the City of Glendale and IceArizona living happily ever after when the dust settles, especially if this gets dragged out in the legal system.

As much as I roll my eyes at the stubbornness of the NHL to make hockey work in Arizona, I feel bad for the Coyotes fans who are back to feeling uncertainty about where their team is going to play in the future. Hopefully it all works out for them.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Phoenix Drama is back for a final season!

Oh who am I kidding I wouldn't be surprised if this is still getting dragged out when I'm 40.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota

giphy.gif

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
RIP Casey Wellman's NHL career.

Per Elite Prospects, Casey Wellman, who played for Hershey of the AHL this past season while under contract to Washington, has signed with Spartak of the KHL. Wellman, 27, who is scheduled to be an UFA this summer, has played 54 NHL games in his career, notching 6 goals and 10 assists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad