Non-Minnesota NHL News XV

Status
Not open for further replies.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
I don’t want gallant messing up the tank. He’ll likely take the rest of the season off anyways. Go after him in July

100% agree. Sometimes a coaching change will spark a team to go on a run. No matter how much of a run they might go on, I don't see it enough for them to make the playoffs, let along make a run.

Better to stay the course. If the team starts to play better, my hope its because young players like Greenway, Donato, Kunin, et al are showing improvement and not due to the older guys leading the way. That would be a disaster.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I don’t want gallant messing up the tank. He’ll likely take the rest of the season off anyways. Go after him in July

I would begin talking to him now, at least. Let him know you’re interested going forward and see what his plans are.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Bos put Backes on waivers. His contract was an anchor for the day it was signed.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
These jerseys Nashville is wearing tonight, I find hate the script across the front, but they do look really nice on TV.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Kubalik just scored a wild goal in the TOR/CHI game. Knocked a. A hard pass two feet up in the air straight into the net.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
This whole “loser point” thing is getting out of control. I know the league wanted to create Parity, but holy crap: 18th and 8th are separated by... 1 point.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Anybody else not a fan of all the stuff the NHL Is doing with their broadcasts for player tracking? I don’t like the tail on the puck. Half the screen is taken up by shift lengths, why does the guy need to have a bar above his head. I know who is who.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Yeah, it's awful, and that circle around the puck carrier at the AllStar game was beyond distracting.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I think the NHL went "Let's throw all the ideas out there at once and see what people like and don't like."

I think the player tracking is a nice thing to have, but it needs to be separate from the broadcast. MLB does a really good job with that.

They could also just run a shift tracker/stats ticker at the top and bottom of the screen: home on top and away on the bottom or something like that. Make it so it's not intrusive and easy to ignore.

It is probably harder to try and incorporate these things to hockey than it is to football or baseball where there is 30 secs of downtime for every 5 secs of action.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Ottawa has San Jose's 1st.

I don't think it'll have much effect on the standings. It's not like SJS can fall much further. I still can't believe that conditions pick didn't have lottery protections on it.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Hertl in on the Sharks.
I am aware of this thank you

I don't think it'll have much effect on the standings. It's not like SJS can fall much further. I still can't believe that conditions pick didn't have lottery protections on it.
I don’t know that it’s as much about them falling further as it’s about Hertl’s injury hindering SJSs ability to climb back into things. I wouldn’t have been shocked to see SJ throw an Ok second half together and finish 19th/20th. Now I would be. I wouldn’t be shocked to see them finish bottom 3/4 either now.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I am aware of this thank you

I don’t know that it’s as much about them falling further as it’s about Hertl’s injury hindering SJSs ability to climb back into things. I wouldn’t have been shocked to see SJ throw an Ok second half together and finish 19th/20th. Now I would be. I wouldn’t be shocked to see them finish bottom 3/4 either now.

I would have been, but it is the Pacific, so maybe?

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
This is pretty funny.

Also, Seattle's team name is rumored to be the Kraken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad