Non-Minnesota NHL News XV

Status
Not open for further replies.

StealthClobber

A Digital Frontier.
Feb 7, 2013
Minnetonka, MN
So Brown just targeted a Jackets players head with the elbow, and left his feet on the hit. Got a 2 minute charging penalty.

EDIT:
ibwhrSHHcE9l6T.gif

Last edited:

Northland Wild Man

Finnesotans?
Jun 14, 2011
Grand Forks, ND
So Brown just targeted a Jackets players head with the elbow, and left his feet on the hit. Got a 2 minute charging penalty.

EDIT:
ibwhrSHHcE9l6T.gif

Looks to me like the player put himself in a vulnerable position. Still, Brown runs him over a lot more than he had to IMO. Karma will get him at some point, and it will not be pretty.

He is the new old Cooke.

On a side note it really bugs me that all the Kings bandwagon posters flood the main boards defending this bum. If he shot someone on the ice they would probably argue that there was some justifiable reason for it. :laugh:

Ladde

Apr 28, 2012
He didn´t leave his feet until the impact but that´s a pretty reckless charging nonetheless.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Oh my has Bouchard's value vanished! Bouchard and Peter Regin to the Hawks for only a 4th round pick! :laugh:

I HOPE he's in uniform for the Hawks when we play them one last time this season! :laugh:

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Oh my has Bouchard's value vanished! Bouchard and Peter Regin to the Hawks for only a 4th round pick! :laugh:

I HOPE he's in uniform for the Hawks when we play them one last time this season! :laugh:

The Isles also retain 50% of their salary. :laugh:

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
PMB should look at this deal and see that his career is basically over.

Yep. I mean I'm rooting for the guy, but from what I've read, the guy is just terrified to get hit.

He could still play a few years in Europe though.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Well... he was always terrified of getting hit, that's why he always limited himself to being a perimeter player.

He should have learned how to avoid hits better in the first place, instead of playing scared completely and never learning how to avoid hits.

That's why Granlund will succeed where Bouchard never did. Granlund doesn't fear the hit, he learns to deal with it and thus makes him a more effective player than Bouchard EVER was.

Ladde

Apr 28, 2012
Bouchard is definetly headed to Europe when his contract ends. Unless he decides to retire.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Yeah, Butch was the throw away piece Chicago had to take on with the Isles keeping half his salary so Chicago could get Regin for that 4th.

The Isles trying to clear contracts so they can take multiple players in return for Vanek.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Apparently Letang had a stroke last week.

Scary. Hope he's ok.

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 41 s

Sounds like it was important to Letang to get the message out...strokes can hit young people and elite athletes.

Dampland

Mar 14, 2011
Gainfully Employed
Just got done reading the "NYI Hamonic to Wild" trade thread. Wow those Islanders fans are really full of themselves. Their belligerence reminds why I hate New York City more every time I go there. They haven't had a hockey team worth a **** since 1985, yet they have the balls to trash talk the worth of Wild players like they are a bunch of girl hockey players from Florida.

Now I'm not going to say Hamonic is trash or anything, but for ANYONE to claim that Brodin is no better than DeHaan, is so idiotic; that they instantly show zero credibility.
Just gotta love what azz hats they can act like. Normal conversation is just not possible with those people.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
de Haan has started out hot... I'm guessing Islanders fans are pretty protective of him.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Just got done reading the "NYI Hamonic to Wild" trade thread. Wow those Islanders fans are really full of themselves. Their belligerence reminds why I hate New York City more every time I go there. They haven't had a hockey team worth a **** since 1985, yet they have the balls to trash talk the worth of Wild players like they are a bunch of girl hockey players from Florida.

Now I'm not going to say Hamonic is trash or anything, but for ANYONE to claim that Brodin is no better than DeHaan, is so idiotic; that they instantly show zero credibility.
Just gotta love what azz hats they can act like. Normal conversation is just not possible with those people.
That thread should never have been started. I think the Isles fans acted just as Wild fans would have had the OP made a similar offer for Brodin, Granlund or Nino.

It was a very poorly thought out OP that didn't give anything to get something big in return.

If you are going to start a conversation about aquiring a prime asset, you need to realize you have to give up something painful in order to get something of value.

Cal for Nino is a fluke that won't happen again.

Dampland

Mar 14, 2011
Gainfully Employed
That thread should never have been started. I think the Isles fans acted just as Wild fans would have had the OP made a similar offer for Brodin, Granlund or Nino.

It was a very poorly thought out OP that didn't give anything to get something big in return.

If you are going to start a conversation about aquiring a prime asset, you need to realize you have to give up something painful in order to get something of value.

Cal for Nino is a fluke that won't happen again.

I disagree, most of the Wild fans can make a discussion without acting like total azz clowns, unlike the NY folks.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Hey now, we've all seen Wild fans act like azz clowns on the trade forum before... why would this be any different?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad