Non-Minnesota NHL News XV

Status
Not open for further replies.

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012
Feel like I posted this on here a couple years ago, but my girlfriend's mom works in the dental industry and she sees Gary Thorne at conferences and trade shows all the time (don't know why -- appearances, maybe). I've had her pass to him, through me, every time she sees him that we desperately need him in Minnesota to be either our PBP guy or color analyst. Either would be an upgrade. He's never said he wouldn't do it; always seems to be flattered and thinks about it. Seems to have his roots laid down in the Philly area, though. I'm still holding onto some hope, regardless.

I know he isnt broadcasting for anyone now in the NHL, I know he is the Baltimore Orioles PBP guy I am not sure if he has an out clause in that contract. I think he would enjoy broadcasting hockey over baseball IMO since he was the voice of hockey when ESPN had the rights. I know when the Wild Hired LaPanta, I remember Russo saying the Wild had a lot of national interest in the PBP job here. I wouldnt be surprised if he was one that showed interest. I would love him here.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
Coyotes are going to switch to the "Arizona Coyotes" next season.

Joining the Minnesota Wild, Florida Panthers, Carolina Hurricanes, and New Jersey Devils ranks of teams named after states (I realize "Carolina" isn't technically a state) and not cities.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Coyotes are going to switch to the "Arizona Coyotes" next season.

Joining the Minnesota Wild, Florida Panthers, Carolina Hurricanes, and New Jersey Devils ranks of teams named after states (I realize "Carolina" isn't technically a state) and not cities.

The Jets were almost the Manitoba <nickname other than Jets>

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Hmm can't really explain it but I'm just not bored at all with these outdoor games. I'm enjoying this one too.

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
There are no obvious mismatches on todays games though. I'm thinking of something along these lines for the next round

Montreal @ Boston - O5,5
Florida @ Toronto - O5,5
San Jose @ Calgary - O5,5
Philadelphia @ Anaheim - ANA -1,5

Somekinda system around those 4.

Last edited:

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
There are no obvious mismatches on todays games though. I'm thinking of something along these lines for the next round

Montreal @ Boston - O5,5
Florida @ Toronto - O5,5
San Jose @ Calgary - O5,5
Philadelphia @ Anaheim - ANA -1,5

Somekinda system around those 4.

I might go:

Montreal @ Boston - 2
Florida @Toronto - 2
San Jose @ Calgary - 1
Philadelphia - Anaheim - 2

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Hmm can't really explain it but I'm just not bored at all with these outdoor games. I'm enjoying this one too.

I'm definitely bored with all the hype. They just regurgitate the same stuff for each game. I wonder how many current NHL players have ever played a "real" outdoor hockey game when they were kids? In fact, I wonder how many current NHL players have never even skated outdoors? That group, while not large, is definitely larger than a just a few years ago.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Meh. Fans are definitely not bores with it. another 50,000 at the game yesterday. I do hate the idea of having at hte same place over and over again. My early prediction for next year is Wild at Avs Stadium Series in Denver.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012

Well, it's not like the Blues were an ideal playoff opponent anyway. They're about the last team I'd want the Wild to face. Now they'll just be even harder to beat if they get Callahan.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
If the Rangers traded Callahan for Stewart, I would accuse them of tanking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad