Non-Minnesota NHL News XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Sorry, but I disagree. As soon as the Sedin sisters turtled, the other guys would just start looking for someone else who was willing. I've never seen NHL guys off a face off to start a game beat up a person who clearly was not willing to engage in the fight.
(well except for that KHL game a couple years ago, the team that signed a bunch of AHL goons)

I don't think I need to post the YT of Emery pummeling Holtby who wanted nothing to do with it. Guys who are there to fight, or are looking for a reason to keep up in the NHL, are going to do just that. Hendricks said that during the 24/7 with Washington about why he always has been a fighter in his career.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Wonderful game between Chicago and Detroit tonight. Not that it means much, since we played Dallas on the second of their back to back after they lost to Nashville, but we'll be playing Chicago after they played a 65 minute overtime game. Hopefully that helps in some fashion.

Dampland

Mar 14, 2011
Gainfully Employed
I don't think I need to post the YT of Emery pummeling Holtby who wanted nothing to do with it. Guys who are there to fight, or are looking for a reason to keep up in the NHL, are going to do just that. Hendricks said that during the 24/7 with Washington about why he always has been a fighter in his career.

First of all, that was DURING a game, not the beginning face off, and we all know that EMERY is a complete psycho.

You need a better example than that...... goons just do NOT make a habit of beating up innocent players who turtle, off an opening faceoff. Doesn't happen.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Blue Jackets are going strong. A bit like last year in the end of the season. Also Määttä continues to play like a maniac, 1+1 so far against the Islanders. It feels so good to have our own baby brodin in the national team. Määttä has been absolutely phenomenal so far.

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
First redeeming thing the Stars have ever done:

BetfI13CMAAhN1E.jpg:large

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities
The Islanders/Pens game is incredible as they always seem to be. Constant action. Constant turnovers/odd man rushes/goals/chances/etc.

Can't help but think that hockey would be a lot more exciting if more teams were willing to open thigns up and take more chances. Yes, they'd concede giving up more odd-man rushes, but the game would be a lot more exciting. I find myself watching the Pens/Isles game over the Wild game even when they are playing one of their better and more exciting games of the season.

Anyways it's currently 5-4 with like 3 min left. The Isles scored at about the 10 minute mark to make things 5-4 and immediately got 2 PP's (including a lengthy 5-3) and Pitt is just barely hanging on right now. Isles deserve OT.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
The Islanders/Pens game is incredible as they always seem to be. Constant action. Constant turnovers/odd man rushes/goals/chances/etc.

Can't help but think that hockey would be a lot more exciting if more teams were willing to open thigns up and take more chances. Yes, they'd concede giving up more odd-man rushes, but the game would be a lot more exciting. I find myself watching the Pens/Isles game over the Wild game even when they are playing one of their better and more exciting games of the season.

Anyways it's currently 5-4 with like 3 min left. The Isles scored at about the 10 minute mark to make things 5-4 and immediately got 2 PP's (including a lengthy 5-3) and Pitt is just barely hanging on right now. Isles deserve OT.

Interesting side-note: Vanek with 0 points and a -1 on the night leading the team in PP ice time.

Clutterbuck also a -1 with 0 points :(

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
So I was watching Konopka's stats in HockeyDB.. Dude has put some great numbers in the AHL earlier in his career. Still, in the NHL, dude's pretty much useless offensively.

Wonder what that's about.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
So I was watching Konopka's stats in HockeyDB.. Dude has put some great numbers in the AHL earlier in his career. Still, in the NHL, dude's pretty much useless offensively.

Wonder what that's about.

I always thought he was a decent passer. Didn't really have a shot though. With that said, I guess it's more and more about becoming the tough guy and playing 4th line minutes and mostly killing penalties.

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
Eric Nystrom scores 4 goals tonight, didn't he do that once last year too?

Nope. First career hat trick for Nystrom.

Interesting but completely useless fact: there have been five 4-goal games already this season––last season there was only one, and there were only 3 in '11-'12 (the last full season).

Even more interestingly, the last two four-goal-games have come in losses. The last time a player scored 4 in a loss was in April 2000, and the last one before that was in November '93.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Nope. First career hat trick for Nystrom.

Interesting but completely useless fact: there have been five 4-goal games already this season––last season there was only one, and there were only 3 in '11-'12 (the last full season).

Even more interestingly, the last two four-goal-games have come in losses. The last time a player scored 4 in a loss was in April 2000, and the last one before that was in November '93.

Man where do you find stuff like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad