Non-Minnesota NHL News XIV - Seattle Expansion(?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
You must have a different feed than I do? Because what I'm watching is complete garbage. Camera work, camera angle, visibility, and actual game play are worthless. USA/Canada is usually a must see game every year, this is a joke.

NHL network. The centerline camera is doing a fine job with the conditions and being in a football stadium hurts the camera angels.

How wasn't that a 5 min boarding against Canada?

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
You must have a different feed than I do? Because what I'm watching is complete garbage. Camera work, camera angle, visibility, and actual game play are worthless. USA/Canada is usually a must see game every year, this is a joke.

Yep. Agree.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Canada is just tackling anybody that gets within 5 feet of the puck at this point

HollaHaula

Cynical Wild fan
Jul 28, 2015
Blues are 3-7-0 in their last 10 games and are struggling to score.

Hmm, a Mike Yeo coached team struggling in December? I smell a swoon...

Wabit

May 23, 2016

Swartz, Petrangilo, and Bouwmeester (again) all went on IR within a few days of each other around the start of their falloff. They've been playing well, just can't score.

HollaHaula

Cynical Wild fan
Jul 28, 2015
Swartz, Petrangilo, and Bouwmeester (again) all went on IR within a few days of each other around the start of their falloff. They've been playing well, just can't score.
Shhh, this doesn't fit our narrative that Yeo can't put together a full season :sarcasm:

HollaHaula

Cynical Wild fan
Jul 28, 2015
Read yesterday's Blues' GDT, that'll fit your narrative just fine. :popcorn:
I read some of the Blues' threads. Posters are saying that the team just looks fundamentally off. They don't appear to be blaming it all on injuries. They're also complaining about Yeo and his preference to keep high-priced but underperforming players in too big of roles (like with Heatley).

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I read some of the Blues' threads. Posters are saying that the team just looks fundamentally off. They don't appear to be blaming it all on injuries. They're also complaining about Yeo and his preference to keep high-priced but underperforming players in too big of roles (like with Heatley).

Isn't that mostly on the PP, not 5v5?

Wabit

May 23, 2016
This Sabres/NYR game should have started a little later. Those shadows across the ice in the 1st were annoying.

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
What does this have to do with getting bent over by Seattle?

They should allow existing teams to give them a player(Parise, cough cough), instead of the arse#$%^ that was Vegas.

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012

you do realize every coach since Yeo has had a Swoon with the Wild right?

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
Not sure if this was mentioned but the interview with Tom Lynn on Craig Custance's Full 60 podcast is worth your time. Lots of insight about the Wild's early days.

StealthClobber

A Digital Frontier.
Feb 7, 2013
Minnetonka, MN
The Caps revealed their Stadium Series uniforms.

DTwF6o5VAAAK4fh.jpg

Was anyone else also completely unaware there was a Stadium Series games between the Caps and Leafs this year?

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
They should hire Risebrough then ;)

Tom Lynn made the point that Columbus and Minnesota were basically punished for being expansion franchises - still made a conference final! (Management was far worse in Ohio by the way.) But as someone pointed out, Vegas was gifted an entire team of 2nd liners. What I wonder is whether Seattle will have to operate under a much more difficult set of terms, because this time the league went a little too far, arguably.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Tom Lynn made the point that Columbus and Minnesota were basically punished for being expansion franchises - still made a conference final! (Management was far worse in Ohio by the way.) But as someone pointed out, Vegas was gifted an entire team of 2nd liners. What I wonder is whether Seattle will have to operate under a much more difficult set of terms, because this time the league went a little too far, arguably.
I think Vegas is another example of how narrow the thresholds are in a league with high parity. The gap between a good team and a bad team just isn't that high, and that "middle" band is like 27 teams thick. You've got Tampa Bay as an outlier at the top, and Ottawa, Buffalo, Arizona as outliers at the bottom. But from Montreal on up to Vegas, there's not a ton of separation. There are 15 teams with 50-56 points in the standings.

I think even if you tighten up the terms of the expansion draft Seattle is likely to be a middle-of-the-pack team out of the gate. Because half the league is "middle of the pack."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille