Non-Minnesota NHL News XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
So I'm watching Fox Sports Live (where Jay and Dan from TSN went) and they're doing the Top-10 plays of the day or weekend or whatever. The #1 play is that Cogliano goal and they preface it by going, "And our number one play is from the NHL! And yes, we actually do cover the sport of hockey! Even if the camera is from 1991!"

:laugh: Nice shot from them against ESPN.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
So, Montreal has what might be the GOAT GDT thread I've seen (in my year of stalking HFboards, and since I've been a regular poster).

HOCKEY OPENER TOMORROW KIDS. GO WASHINGTON, TORONTO, AND EDMONTON.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Excellent production values. A+++ Absolutely outstanding. SJ Sharks grade shoppage.

Not enough funnies. C-

I've seen better.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
So, Montreal has what might be the GOAT GDT thread I've seen (in my year of stalking HFboards, and since I've been a regular poster).

HOCKEY OPENER TOMORROW KIDS. GO WASHINGTON, TORONTO, AND EDMONTON.

It was beautiful.

I think Oilers, Hawks and Leafs win today.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Somehow I have a feeling the Oilers are going to be surprisingly good this year.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Kessel re-signed at 8million per year for 8 years.

Might be a tad bit high, but not bad.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Kessel re-signed at 8million per year for 8 years.

Might be a tad bit high, but not bad.

Not bad at all.

I wonder if there's a bunch of rival fans screaming "OVERPAYMENT" on the main board :laugh:

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
If Corey Perry got 8.5M, 8M for Kessel is pretty good.

I figure Perry's more of a powerforward/agitator hybrid. Kessel lacks that grit, but he's more skilled. Fair deal.

Haite

x
Jun 27, 2011
Not exactly a discount, but seems like a pretty fair deal. Under the new CBA a tad higher cap hits are to be expected.

SPMaximus

Apr 29, 2011
damnit, was hoping he would go to free agenzy

Kessel to Minnesota, 8.5/year 7 years :sarcasm:

TZM

Par too easy
Mar 25, 2012
Kerava
I'd take Kessel over Vanek any day of the week.

I'm actually a bit concerned about the Vanek deal (+ Pominville). It will be hard to have good depth if both get paid a lot and get a long term deal. I'd want GMCF to focus on future #1 center 'cos most likely Koivu will have to be replaced by someone sooner rather than later. Koivu would be great as the #2 center but it would be hard to get him stay if there were so many players on such deals.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
I'm actually a bit concerned about the Vanek deal (+ Pominville). It will be hard to have good depth if both get paid a lot and get a long term deal. I'd want GMCF to focus on future #1 center 'cos most likely Koivu will have to be replaced by someone sooner rather than later. Koivu would be great as the #2 center but it would be hard to get him stay if there were so many players on such deals.

It's possible we already have that future #1 center on our roster in either Coyle or Granlund.

Billy Mays Here*

If that Kessel deal sets the precedent for what Vanek will get assuming he hits free agency, I don't think I want Vanek.

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
I don't want Vanek either. I mean, I have nothing against it if we get him for a good deal but I'd rather pass on him. We have some good depth on LW even after Heatley leaves (Parise, Zucker, Niederreiter, Cooke, Bulmer and I'm probably forgetting some). I'd rather save the money to keep the kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad