Non-Minnesota NHL News XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billy Mays Here*

I wouldn't feel too bad for Bryz though. He's still gonna get paid $23 million in total over the course of the next 14 years, and that's of course not even counting whatever extra money he'll make signing with his next team, whether it be in the NHL or KHL.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
I'd say Bäcks is behind Rask, Rinne, Niemi, and Lehtonen. I really doubt he makes the team.

I wouldn't be so sure that all of these four guys are interested in playing 3rd fiddle in Sochi. Bäckström would fit that bill much better. But he's not actually going to play unless there's a ton of injuries. So basically if Bäckström goes to Sochi, he's most likely going there for a 2-week vacation.

Koivu and Granlund were present at the Sochi meeting yesterday as well.

Last edited:

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
I wouldn't feel too bad for Bryz though. He's still gonna get paid $23 million in total over the course of the next 14 years, and that's of course not even counting whatever extra money he'll make signing with his next team, whether it be in the NHL or KHL.

I could see Tampa swooping him up. They need a #1 badly. Not his fault that Philly's D sucked horribly.

bozak911

Ignoring Idiots
May 18, 2010
Minnesota
Tampa needs to work on that defense more than anything. 3rd in goals per game but 26th in goals against. Bishop and Lindback should be fine if they can get some actual NHL defense in front of them.

Victor Hedman for Tom Gilbert.

Make it so.

:sarcasm:

Wild48

Ski U Mah
Nov 10, 2011
Duluth
I know this is par for the course for Philly...

http://deadspin.com/lets-watch-a-flyers-beat-writer-throw-ilya-bryzgalov-u-574043008

But Randy Miller should be fired, or the Flyers should revoke his media status.

Bryz didn't want to talk to a member of the media immediately after being bought out. I'm going to air out all the unsubstantiated rumors i can think of.

I love the deadspin comment:

"I'd like to add that Bryz is a selfish lover"

Sportsfan1

Jun 9, 2012
State of Hockey
Colorado is ridiculously stupid if they pass on Seth Jones, their organization being in such desperate need of defense with him being such a special player already, can't believe they'd pass on him.

Billy Mays Here*

Colorado is ridiculously stupid if they pass on Seth Jones, their organization being in such desperate need of defense with him being such a special player already, can't believe they'd pass on him.

I dunno, at first I thought it was stupid as well but like Fletcher says, you take the best player available. A part of me still thinks they take Jones, but a 1-2 punch of Mackinnon and Duchene down the middle sounds pretty good. They can always trade Stastny and O'Reilly to help on the defensive side of things.

Sportsfan1

Jun 9, 2012
State of Hockey
It's all a big if, but if Seth Jones is this next generations Chris Pronger minus I hope the dirty side of Pronger then i'd take him in a heartbeat first.

Haite

x
Jun 27, 2011

Colorado is ridiculously stupid if they draft a player - who they supposedly have ranked 4th in the draft - first overall just because of need. Of course, there's no way of knowing how their rankings actually look, unless it's Sakic and Roy's next move to just openly publish them.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
Considering Edmonton I don't think drafting for need in the top five is stupid. Best player available is subjective anyway. And if they're forced to shop one of their other, more established and more ready forwards for defence later they might find that no one can match the value...they're going to want a great young defender to grow with the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad