W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
I'd like to see..

#7: MIN
#8: CBJ

That's all.

E: Or of course MIN 5/6 if possible. DET and DAL out.

Kaptain

WarBortles
Feb 7, 2013
Florida
Wait a minute, who told me that the Stars played the BJs today?!
Now I'm mad. Was really looking forward to that.

Karl

Feb 4, 2005
The State of Hockey
How many times do I have to say this people? We definitely don't say Go Stars, Kings, ect... We just cheer against Blue Jackets, Red Wings, and other teams to lose that will help the Wild out! See, much better and you won't have that dirty feeling of cheering for some of those teams. :)

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Dont cheer against the Blue Jackets. Do you really want to see Detroit get in? Or do you want to laugh at them since the lost out in the Parise/Suter sweepstakes AND missed the playoffs because of it?

Screw the Wings. Go Jackets.

Karl

Feb 4, 2005
The State of Hockey
Dont cheer against the Blue Jackets. Do you really want to see Detroit get in? Or do you want to laugh at them since the lost out in the Parise/Suter sweepstakes AND missed the playoffs because of it?

Screw the Wings. Go Jackets.

That would be quite amusing if the Red Wings were to miss out on the playoffs, especially with how arrogant some of the Red Wings fans are. Actually it is probably quite humbling that they are in the spot they are in now struggling to make the playoffs when they usually have a spot already secure by this time in the season.

Blizzard6411

#benchstoner
Feb 12, 2013
Seattle
Not a peep out here about it. Don Levin has always been a player in bringing an NHL team here so his name maybe came up and someone assumed he was bringing his AHL team here.

Not sure either of the arenas that currently host WHL teams would have room on their schedule for another hockey team and Key arena is a disaster of a hockey arena so they won't play there.

The new arena owners absolutely want an NHL team to recoup their investment and I don't think an AHL team competing with two established and liked WHL franchises is going to cut it.

I only see the AHL as a fall back option should the NHL fall through with the new arena and it is still to early to know if that is going to happen.

Things will start moving quickly on the NHL side once the NBA gives their answer on the Sonics which should be in the next couple of weeks.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Sorry, edited. (I assumed Chicago Wolves were the Blackhawks' AHL affiliate)

I meant who's Vancouver's new AHL affiliate? (do they have a name yet, or are they moving an existing AHL team to Seattle?)

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Sorry, edited. (I assumed Chicago Wolves were the Blackhawks' AHL affiliate)

I meant who's Vancouver's new AHL affiliate?

Seattle, as posted above. Either that, or for a season or two they won't have an official one. Some teams do this. So they kind of spread their prospects out to a bunch of teams. Like send two defenders to Texas, two forwards to Chicago, three guys to Monarch, and so on.

At least, I think so.

Not a peep out here about it. Don Levin has always been a player in bringing an NHL team here so his name maybe came up and someone assumed he was bringing his AHL team here.

Not sure either of the arenas that currently host WHL teams would have room on their schedule for another hockey team and Key arena is a disaster of a hockey arena so they won't play there.

The new arena owners absolutely want an NHL team to recoup their investment and I don't think an AHL team competing with two established and liked WHL franchises is going to cut it.

I only see the AHL as a fall back option should the NHL fall through with the new arena and it is still to early to know if that is going to happen.

Things will start moving quickly on the NHL side once the NBA gives their answer on the Sonics which should be in the next couple of weeks.

Maybe they need more support from investors or are gauging interest. They could be following the Winnipeg model. They had an AHL team for a while and then moved them in favor of an NHL team. You never know.

Blizzard6411

#benchstoner
Feb 12, 2013
Seattle
Seattle, as posted above. Either that, or for a season or two they won't have an official one. Some teams do this. So they kind of spread their prospects out to a bunch of teams. Like send two defenders to Texas, two forwards to Chicago, three guys to Monarch, and so on.

At least, I think so.

Maybe they need more support from investors or are gauging interest. They could be following the Winnipeg model. They had an AHL team for a while and then moved them in favor of an NHL team. You never know.
People you are getting ahead of yourselves based on a tweet from a nobody at KJR sports radio in Seattle. Besides that one tweet there has not been a peep about the AHL coming to Seattle. If it is true it will be a short lived stay because although Seattle is a great city and is hungry for hockey it is not going to support an NHL, AHL and 2 WHL teams. The odd duck out will be the Vancouver Canucks AHL team.

I only see this happening IF the Sonics deal falls through and the NHL doesn't come, but if the Sonics deal falls through no arena will be built and I don't where they would play at to be honest. The Silvertips will say no to them playing in Everett and the Thunderbirds will say no to them playing in Kent and if they choose to play at Key then they are committing franchise suicide.

Blizzard6411

#benchstoner
Feb 12, 2013
Seattle

At least, I think so.

Possible but a long term plan is not what they are working on right now, if the NBA approves the Sonics coming to Seattle expect the NHL deal for the Yotes to begin moving quickly. The money and investors are out there but have been very quiet, the one name who has come up previously in regards to the NHL and Seattle is Don Levin who owns (or used to own) the Wolves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad