Non-Minnesota NHL News XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
I almost wish I'd watched the game last night.

My interest level in this years cup finals was so low that I didnt watch any of it after the two OT games to start the series.

I was going to watch game 7 if it got that far, tho. Looks like those damned bruins couldnt keep their **** together.

Also, **** all the Hawks "fans" who are going to make the X hell next year whenever those ******** come to town.

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
Glad I'm not the only one around here who just couldn't bring himself to care about the playoffs after the first round. I tried cheering for the Sharks after that but once it got down to all teams that had won very recently it just seemed boring and déjà vu. As much as it looks like this was a pretty great final series, I don't really regret not watching any of it except highlights.

Just deny entry to anyone wearing the opposing team's stuff. It seems to me that it's been done in other stadiums and arenas before.

Except the Wild brass have zero reason to do that...an influx of road fans drives ticket prices waaay up. They're excited to have more games vs. WPG, DET, and CHI when they can count on both an influx of road fans and bitter Minnesotans looking for a rivalry, because it basically throws Wild fans into a bidding war to get into the game. That sucks for fans but is great for revenue. (I can guarantee they're also happy about a guaranteed game each year against MTL and to a lesser extent TOR, which draw tons of travelling fans, and NYR and BOS, which just have fans everywhere by virtue of their cities being popular brands.)

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
It was good hockey. Not sure why it wasn't a draw for a hockey fan.

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
In other news, the Finnish national team announced Miikka Kiprusoff has retired from professional hockey (both international and NHL). Hell of a career in Calgary. That franchise is gonna struggle even more without him, what a tailspin they're in.

Gotta help Backstrom's chances for Sochi pretty significantly.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
I would be extremely surprised if Backstrom makes the Olympics...I would assume they go with Rask, Niemi, and Rinne. Maybe they add Backs if they feel they need a vet on the team, or if someone gets hurt. Then again, they also have Lehtonen as a possibility.

For the Wild, it would probably be better if Backs takes a 2-week vacation instead of playing overseas.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
I'd say Bäcks is behind Rask, Rinne, Niemi, and Lehtonen. I really doubt he makes the team.

bozak911

Ignoring Idiots
May 18, 2010
Minnesota
Pretty nice to get him signed before Bryz was bought out, eh? Could have probably played the Flyers off on the Wild to get more.

I think this is why the contract was for three years, instead of two... :laugh:

GMCF: I am pretty sure that Holmgren was lying through his teeth when he said that he wasn't buying out Bryz... Time to cave to that extra year...

/shrug

Making it all up, of course.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
That was probably the best series since the Pens won it against Detroit on MAF stopping Lidstrom's shot that was perfect and should have gone in...

Randy BoBandy

Cheeseburger Party
May 9, 2011
Sunnyvale
This years playoffs were amazing. All the good teams played well and there were a lot of great series and overtime moments.

Some of my favorite matchups from this year:

Islanders vs Penguins
Boston vs Toronto
Chicago vs Detroit
Boston vs Chicago

There are just too many good games to count this year. So much good competition and, no boring teams besides LA made it anywhere unlike last year. God the Devils just ruined last years playoffs for me. I hate watching that team. And so did everyone else based on ratings.

It was a great year for hockey. Who would have thought after that ****** lockout we had to endure. At this point I don't even care that it happened, and that is what the two groups counted on. The fans always come back when the sport is played so well. It was a awesome year.

Last edited:

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
There's nothing wrong with Bryz as a goaltender, it's just philly's system tends to throw goaltenders under the bus.

Billy Mays Here*

There's nothing wrong with Bryz as a goaltender, it's just philly's system tends to throw goaltenders under the bus.

Yep. I find it funny that Bryz has now played for the team that probably makes goalies look as bad as possible (Philly) and the team that makes goalies look as good as possible (Phoenix), though I guess you could throw St. Louis into the conversation as well for making goalies look good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad