OT: Non-Kraken Local Sports (Mariners, Seahawks, Sounders, etc.)

Big Z Man 1990

Jun 4, 2011
Don't say anything at all
I think the Seattle U. Redhawks will join the Mountain West Conference soon.

The Redhawks would offset Hawaii being a football-only member (and allowing for a divisional schedule format in basketball), and bring another major market into the conference.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
(EDIT) Seahawks draft OT Cross from Miss St. Mafe, DE from Minnesota and Walker, RB from Mighigan State in round 2. Lucus, OT from Wash St.

Looks like they are rebuiding the trenches and building up the talent like TB/Den before they go seeking a QB. Makes the most sense to take advantage of the rookie QB contract in the future.

Last edited:

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Hey Seattle fans, Flyers fan here coming in peace. You guys got a nice steal in the 7th round with Uncle Baby Bo Melton from my alma mater, Rutgers! I may have to get a Seahawks jersey now.

Reactions: sigma six

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Hey Seattle fans, Flyers fan here coming in peace. You guys got a nice steal in the 7th round with Uncle Baby Bo Melton from my alma mater, Rutgers! I may have to get a Seahawks jersey now.
Seattle had a good draft in taking guys to fill needs and had about the right value.

Cross, needed an OT.
Mafe and Walker needed an DE and depth at RB given the injury history. Would have loved Arnold E. (DE) from Penn State & Kyler Gordon, CB from UW in round 2, but both went in the 2 picks before Seattle. Walker, I think fits the Seattle RB style. Carson and Penny won't be retained after this upcoming season.

Could the Hawks have moved from 40 to 26 to land Johnson? cost was a 35, 69, 163 to get 26 and 101. Would be equal to the Mafe pick at 40, (Lucas pick at 72), and Smith at 158. Doubtful that Lucas lasts from 72 to 101, so the next 2 OL selected from 101 was Faalale, the huge 6'8 380 lbs OT from Minnesota and Max Mitchell from Louisana who went early 4th round.

Lucas at RT was a good choice in round 3. Should have 3 solid OL now with Cross, Lewis, and Lucas. Veteran Jackson at G.
Bryant at CB was a need in round 4
Woolen at CB has the tools, but needs coaching.
Smith at DE/LB more depth on the Edge
Melton/Young at WR in round 7. At that point, take WR with at least 1 strong trait. Be it size, speed, route running or something. Melton at 4.34 and Young at 4.44 speed. Young has some size at 6'2 and 220 lbs. Fall behind Metcalf, Lockett, Eskridge. Battling the likes of Swain, Hart, and others for the 4-6 WR spots. I like that they added a big body in Young. Not many WR on the roster after Metcalf who are over 6 feet. Swain and others just hit 6 feet even.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Rather surprised nobody mentioned that the Sounders are the champions of North America. First MLS team to win the confederation in 22 years and first non-Mexican team in 16. Frankly, it’s disgusting to me as a Timbers fan, but at least it’s good for the league.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Smart call by the NFL and MNF to schedule Wilson’s return to Seattle right off the hop. Hawks are unlikely to be a playoff team so getting them on early is better than at week 10.

tank44

Feb 1, 2012
Seattle, WA
Smart call by the NFL and MNF to schedule Wilson’s return to Seattle right off the hop. Hawks are unlikely to be a playoff team so getting them on early is better than at week 10.
Also confirms Wilson is healthy too

I have loved WIlson on the team and have taken offense to the takes of his legacy. But now at least for 2022, let him suffer since the draft pick return still matters, but let him explode in 2023 & beyond

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
WHL Seattle thunderbirds pull a upset after being down 3-1 in the series vs Porltand to advance to the western conference finals.

Reactions: RainyCityHockey

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
As expected this current ownership group of the Kraken isn't just about hockey and the arena was mostly built because basketball fans kept raising their voices after the Sonics were moved.

Now it seems like 2024 could be the year the Sonics return and it would also make sense why the owners seem to put some pressure on Francis to make this a quicker built in order to work on their place amongst sports teams in this city.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
How many more years of the Dipoto experiment are we going to have to endure before the M’s fire him? This team is NOT better. They suck and are saddled with a garbage pitcher on a big contract.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Hi Kraken fans!

Just a question, re: Mariners/T-Mobile Park. Do they still sell the toasted grasshoppers at T-Mobile Park? I went to Edgar's Taco Shack during the season opener and they weren't on the menu and I didn't want to wait in line only to find out they were out. We're planning on heading to Seattle in a couple weeks and a Mariners game is always on the itinerary so I'd like to finally try them.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Hi Kraken fans!

Just a question, re: Mariners/T-Mobile Park. Do they still sell the toasted grasshoppers at T-Mobile Park? I went to Edgar's Taco Shack during the season opener and they weren't on the menu and I didn't want to wait in line only to find out they were out. We're planning on heading to Seattle in a couple weeks and a Mariners game is always on the itinerary so I'd like to finally try them.

Wait…. WHAT? They sell toasted grasshoppers at the ballpark? Like real grasshoppers? I used to get grasshoppers all the time when I lived In Uganda and really miss em. I’ve been to t-mobile so many times and never got them…. And now I’m depressed af because they had them and I didn’t know. Son of a bitch!

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Wait…. WHAT? They sell toasted grasshoppers at the ballpark? Like real grasshoppers? I used to get grasshoppers all the time when I lived In Uganda and really miss em. I’ve been to t-mobile so many times and never got them…. And now I’m depressed af because they had them and I didn’t know. Son of a bitch!

Yes, they do (or did?)

According to the T-Mobile Park website, they're sold at Edgar's but I didn't see them at the Taco Shack a couple months back:

Hoping someone can confirm if they're still there.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Yes, they do (or did?)

According to the T-Mobile Park website, they're sold at Edgar's but I didn't see them at the Taco Shack a couple months back:

Hoping someone can confirm if they're still there.

I read an article last night from my phone and am too lazy to relink it. They are at Edgar's Cantina. The article was from May of 2022, so I'm betting they are still there. It was from like the Seattle Times or some other publication that I am aware exists and I completely shut out the news media, so for me to know who they are means it's probably a bigger news source.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad