OT: Non-Kraken Local Sports (Mariners, Seahawks, Sounders, etc.)

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
The M’s are making this as difficult as possible to happen. Believe? It’s hard, I have to admit. I also don’t want to be disappointed.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Hawks beat SF. But, that offense needs to be able to milk the clock to keep the D off the field when they are up in the 4th. last 2 possessions were 3 and out. Have to be able to execute a 4 minute offence. Each first down burns 2 minutes clock.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Big TNF game for the Hawks. In this tough division have to win your home divisional games.

get your eyes ready for those Action Green jerseys. Hope they tone it down by wearing their blue pants and not going with the green pants too.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Feels like the Seahawks are at a turning point, and not in a good way. Russ's injury aside, the D is broken.

They need to figure out a creative way to use Adams and let Neal be the other safety. Limit Adam's use in deep coverage and let him be the disruptor that he is.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Feels like the Seahawks are at a turning point, and not in a good way. Russ's injury aside, the D is broken.

They need to figure out a creative way to use Adams and let Neal be the other safety. Limit Adam's use in deep coverage and let him be the disruptor that he is.
I think Seattle, once the off-season comes, really need to take a good hard look at what they are. They are not an upper echelon team. They are capable of making the playoffs, but won't go too far. Defence isn't good enough and they are too chunk play dependent on Offence.

Seattle, to borrow a boxing term, is a body shot with the run, jab with the really short pass, and haymaker with the long pass fighter. They don't throw many uppercuts, hooks, crosses in their pass game. Which I thought was the plan with the hiring on Waldron as the OC. He was supposed to get Russ and Pete those throws between 8-15 yards on early downs to open things up.

Their Drafting hasn't been that good. No Defensive pro bowlers that they drafted since Wagner a decade ago. Seattle may not want to make the move, but if Russ doesn't see that the team can win, and he comes to them with a trade request, then it's time to move on.

Would produce a trickle down effect as I suspect that the likes of Brown and maybe Wagner would get moved as well. Not to mention a shake up in the coaching staff and player personnel as the same old, same old of the past decade has not been working the past few years.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
I'm afraid we're going to see a lot of punting tonight.:laugh:
But that's a good thing if the other team is doing it too, so far the D is doing it's job.

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Let’s say Russell Wilson wants out at season’s end. Let’s also say Aaron Rodgers also wants out of Green Bay at season’s end.

Does anyone say no? I mean obviously Green Bay wouldn’t trade Rodgers for Wilson if they didn’t have to. But they do, as far as we know(Need to trade Rodgers after the season).

tank44

Feb 1, 2012
Seattle, WA
I've been falling to the belief that Wilson will be going to NY Giants and we will have Daniel Jones as the Seahawks QB next year (+ a few high draft picks).

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I've been falling to the belief that Wilson will be going to NY Giants and we will have Daniel Jones as the Seahawks QB next year (+ a few high draft picks).
His list last off season was Dallas, Chicago, LV and NO. Only NO truly in the market now. Raiders still have holes that they need to fix and need the draft capital to do it.

aside from the Saints, markets that should work for Russ and Ciara are Giants and Miami. Don’t see Denver, Pitt, Washington, Cleveland being a fit for Ciara.

I believe it makes sense for both sides for Russ to get traded. Not good enough with Russ to win a SB. Need to fix their holes. 2023 QB class seems like it has a lot of potential. This upcoming one, not so much.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Let’s say Russell Wilson wants out at season’s end. Let’s also say Aaron Rodgers also wants out of Green Bay at season’s end.

Does anyone say no? I mean obviously Green Bay wouldn’t trade Rodgers for Wilson if they didn’t have to. But they do, as far as we know(Need to trade Rodgers after the season).
I am a Packers fan and I would happily do a Wilson for Rodgers trade. But I think the Seahawks should say no here.

Rodgers is 5 years older and the main issue with the Seahawks is the lack of offensive line and protection for Wilson. May be a better idea to get high picks/prospects for Wilson and use it to bolster the offensive line first.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I am a Packers fan and I would happily do a Wilson for Rodgers trade. But I think the Seahawks should say no here.

Rodgers is 5 years older and the main issue with the Seahawks is the lack of offensive line and protection for Wilson. May be a better idea to get high picks/prospects for Wilson and use it to bolster the offensive line first.
Wilson has a no trade so the destination has to also work for Ciara. I don’t envision GB on their list.

I would bet on NO, NYG, Miami as his options that he gives seattle to work with.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Russ was all over the media yesterday stating that he wants to keep going and finish his career here.
Could just be being diplomatic, but why says these things if you actually do want to be traded?

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Russ was all over the media yesterday stating that he wants to keep going and finish his career here.
Could just be being diplomatic, but why says these things if you actually do want to be traded?

Because that is what fans of the team he currently plays for want to hear. I mean this is pretty common place in sports. Like you said yourself, its just being diplomatic.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Because that is what fans of the team he currently plays for want to hear. I mean this is pretty common place in sports. Like you said yourself, its just being diplomatic.
Major changes need to happen this off season for Seattle. Either Carroll and his entire staff go or Wilson goes. Taking that 13 yard sack to turn a game clinching 26 yard FG attempt into a 39 yard attempt on a 3rd and 5 was absolutely horrible. Know your darn team. D isn’t that great. Make the Bears recover an onside kick to tie the game thus have to secure the FG attempt within 30 yards. Veteran like Wilson needs to know hat but he does his typical spin move and ends up with a big sack.

I don’t know if a new coaching staff can fix their personnel issues on the OLine, DLine and secondary.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Major changes need to happen this off season for Seattle. Either Carroll and his entire staff go or Wilson goes. Taking that 13 yard sack to turn a game clinching 26 yard FG attempt into a 39 yard attempt on a 3rd and 5 was absolutely horrible. Know your darn team. D isn’t that great. Make the Bears recover an onside kick to tie the game thus have to secure the FG attempt within 30 yards. Veteran like Wilson needs to know hat but he does his typical spin move and ends up with a big sack.

I don’t know if a new coaching staff can fix their personnel issues on the OLine, DLine and secondary.

I am a Packers fan but my father-in-law is a huge Seahawks fan. The bolded is exactly what I told him. Either Carrol or Wilson are likely to go before next season.

I think one of the biggest issues with Wilson is that he takes too many sacks. But it is hard to hold him responsible entirely when the OL just plain sucks. The Hawks have been using their draft capital (either picks or trades) to get better at D or WR but there has not been enough done to improve the OL. They need to keep their 1st round picks and try to draft better and improve the OL.

This team reminds me of the Sharks a lot. They are not good enough anymore to trade away their 1st round picks to go 'over-the-top' for a SB run.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I am a Packers fan but my father-in-law is a huge Seahawks fan. The bolded is exactly what I told him. Either Carrol or Wilson are likely to go before next season.

I think one of the biggest issues with Wilson is that he takes too many sacks. But it is hard to hold him responsible entirely when the OL just plain sucks. The Hawks have been using their draft capital (either picks or trades) to get better at D or WR but there has not been enough done to improve the OL. They need to keep their 1st round picks and try to draft better and improve the OL.

This team reminds me of the Sharks a lot. They are not good enough anymore to trade away their 1st round picks to go 'over-the-top' for a SB run.
Too many blown draft picks. 4 years worth of players on rookie deals and who are your starters? Metcalf, Lewis, Brooks, and Taylor.
Blair a S that they tried to convert to CB hasn’t become a starter. Penny a luxury pick at RB has been oft injured. Esktridge injured a couple of times this year. Collier? What has he done?

I also don’t think there is enough talent for A new staff to turn this ship around quickly. Brown at LT is getting on in years. Wagner is probably still their best defensive player but he’s like 32/33 now. Aside from Lewis at Guard who else is there on the OL to be happy about moving forward?

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
How are you all feeling about the possibility of expanded MLB playoffs? Sounds like the Union is being more open to the idea since they aren't making much ground in other ways, hoping that huge TV contract the extra games would get could close the gap on other matters.

I'm all for it. Probably the only way we ever see playoff baseball in the NW. lol

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
How are you all feeling about the possibility of expanded MLB playoffs? Sounds like the Union is being more open to the idea since they aren't making much ground in other ways, hoping that huge TV contract the extra games would get could close the gap on other matters.

I'm all for it. Probably the only way we ever see playoff baseball in the NW. lol

maybe expand it to 32 teams then sure

Reactions: The Marquis

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Seems like the Seahawks can't let the Kraken have any attention from Seattle sports fans.

Seems like Wilson's off to Denver for two first rounders, two second rounders + a couple of players and maybe even more picks.

The Marquis

Aug 24, 2020
Washougal, WA
Seems like the Seahawks can't let the Kraken have any attention from Seattle sports fans.

Seems like Wilson's off to Denver for two first rounders, two second rounders + a couple of players and maybe even more picks.

I don't follow American football AT ALL, but I'll be damned if the Seahawks didn't snatch all the Seattle sports media attention away from the McCann signing.

gstommylee

Jan 31, 2012
I don't follow American football AT ALL, but I'll be damned if the Seahawks didn't snatch all the Seattle sports media attention away from the McCann signing.

Seahawks always get the Media attention here. No matter what any other team does. The seahawk could for example announce they signed the worst player in the NFL and it would still get media attention.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad