OT: Non-Hockey Sports Thread XII - We Got Other Sports Too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
We really need to address the safety position opposite of Harrison Smith. Blanton was awful yesterday and Sendejo plays with zero control. Love the energy but he gets lost regularly.

We did sign former Bear and Gopher Brock Vereen who has experience at the position, maybe coach up that undrafted kid Anthony Harris. Or Antone Exum? Don't know but we need to solidify that position.

Also, based off Digg's performance, who honestly he made Talib look like Josh Robinson, is Cordarrele done when Wright and Johnson get to 100%?

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
O-line and kicking game got the team beat and the D couldn't hold up when it mattered. Same old same old.

They went against one of the best teams in the NFL and only lost by 3. Same old, same old? Minnesota would have been blown out. They held on until the end. They showed a lot of progression, especially the young guys like Smith and Barr, who look phenomenal.

Peyton Manning might be older and creakier, but he's still Peyton Manning and the Vikings did a good job of forcing the Broncos to run. He had a 49.9 QBR and only 213 yards passing on 27 attempts. They held the Broncos to only 350 yards (roughly) of total offense, which is pretty damn good.

They went up against one of the best teams in the NFL and didn't embarrass themselves. They fought hard and they are still developing the talent they have acquired. They are doing a good job despite injuries.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Also, based off Digg's performance, who honestly he made Talib look like Josh Robinson, is Cordarrele done when Wright and Johnson get to 100%?

Honestly, they should just start scratching Patterson. He's not worth the roster spot.

Let Sherels return that 1 kickoff per game.

Slick Willy*

The Vikings never cease to be a disappointment for me.

The only way they will ever get me back (entirely) at this point is if they repeat as world champs as the Broncos did in '97/'98.

A true dumpster fire of an NFL franchise at this point.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
The Vikings never cease to be a disappointment for me.

The only way they will ever get me back (entirely) at this point is if they repeat as world champs as the Broncos did in '97/'98.

A true dumpster fire of an NFL franchise at this point.

One of the most competitive franchises in league history...only missing the Superbowl validation.

Not even close to a dumpster fire franchise.

Detroit hasn't won a playoff game in 30 years. I think that is much closer to your description.

The Vikings on that same time period have been to 4 NFC Championship games.

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
Better than anything for a young team that is still growing.

Better than getting embarrassed by playoff teams in the regular season like the Wild.

Get back to us when the Vikings ever have the sustained relevancy the Wild have had the last few years.

[mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

Slick Willy*

One of the most competitive franchises in league history...only missing the Superbowl validation.

Not even close to a dumpster fire franchise.

Detroit hasn't won a playoff game in 30 years. I think that is much closer to your description.

The Vikings on that same time period have been to 4 NFC Championship games.

The level of disgust I have is much related to having some of the best teams in history (my favorite team ever and arguably the best offense in NFL history which I watched every snap of, the '98 and their absolute chokejob with Anderson missing his only kick all year), and to a lesser extent our crumble/getting screwed in 2010.

I'm aware of our franchise's 4 runners up finishes - but that adds to my disappointment. Living next to Green Bay country all these years and having to have them rub all their success in our faces...

I'm sorry but they've let me down so harshly, enough times for me to feel betrayed. I hate the fact that GB makes us look like laughing stocks.

Are they a literal dumpster fire right now, not really, although the whole AP thing and the wasted years on #1rd pick Ponder also stung me bad.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
The level of disgust I have is much related to having some of the best teams in history (my favorite team ever and arguably the best offense in NFL history which I watched every snap of, the '98 and their absolute chokejob with Anderson missing his only kick all year), and to a lesser extent our crumble/getting screwed in 2010.

I'm aware of our franchise's 4 runners up finishes - but that adds to my disappointment. Living next to Green Bay country all these years and having to have them rub all their success in our faces...

I'm sorry but they've let me down so harshly, enough times for me to feel betrayed. I hate the fact that GB makes us look like laughing stocks.

Are they a literal dumpster fire right now, not really, although the whole AP thing and the wasted years on #1rd pick Ponder also stung me bad.

I just ask Wisconsinites how their NHL or MLB team is doing.Seems to shut them up quickly.

00xtremeninja

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I just ask Wisconsinites how their NHL or MLB team is doing.Seems to shut them up quickly.

vast majority of Wisconsin doesn't care about the NHL and die hard Brewers fans love the team no matter what, the rest of their fan base is incredibly fickle and only wants to show true pride when they are a winning team.

Fact of the matter is the entire state bleeds green and gold and Badger athletics. The others are more novelty and time killing sports for the rest. Besides, outside of Milwaukee and Madison, you find more Wisconsin folks as Twins fans than Brewers fans.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
vast majority of Wisconsin doesn't care about the NHL and die hard Brewers fans love the team no matter what, the rest of their fan base is incredibly fickle and only wants to show true pride when they are a winning team.

Fact of the matter is the entire state bleeds green and gold and Badger athletics. The others are more novelty and time killing sports for the rest. Besides, outside of Milwaukee and Madison, you find more Wisconsin folks as Twins fans than Brewers fans.
Yeah, a pretty decent population in NW Wisconsin are Twins fans.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

Dude, you take Packer fans too personally. I have learned to tune out their pretentiousness long ago.

Why let some idiot prevent you from enjoying the team you love, no matter if they are winning or losing?

I bleed purple in good times and bad, what other team's fans say be damned.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Besides, outside of Milwaukee and Madison, you find more Wisconsin folks as Twins fans than Brewers fans.

Yeah, not even close to true. I'd be willing to bet there's more Cubs fans outside of Madison and Milwaukee than there are Twins fans but Brewers fans massively outnumber both of them.

00xtremeninja

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Yeah, not even close to true. I'd be willing to bet there's more Cubs fans outside of Madison and Milwaukee than there are Twins fans but Brewers fans massively outnumber both of them.

ah you caught me. I was only thinking of west of Madison area, so like Lacrosse and the such. I know there are a mass amount of Cubs fans, lol, I am one of them. And I am from the thick of Brewers country.

Slick Willy*

Dude, you take Packer fans too personally. I have learned to tune out their pretentiousness long ago.

Why let some idiot prevent you from enjoying the team you love, no matter if they are winning or losing?

I bleed purple in good times and bad, what other team's fans say be damned.

To me (seriously) it's my Red Sox versus Yankees - Vikes being the Red Sox non-title in...basically forever and GB having numerous titles

The Vikes are my "Red Sox" and the to me the Packers are the Yankees. (analogy-wise)

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Vikings trade away MLB Hodges to San Francisco for C Easton + 6th Rounder

The team traded Gerald Hodges, who started the first four games of the season, to the San Francisco 49ers in exchange for a sixth-round pick and center Nick Easton, general manager Rick Spielman said Tuesday.
"One of the areas of strength we have on this football team was that we have a lot of depth at [the linebacker] position," Spielman said. "We feel strongly about Audie Cole and what he can bring and how well he's been playing. But the development of Kendricks and [seventh-rounder] Edmond Robinson, and we still have [Brandon] Watts on our practice squad."
Center John Sullivan is on short-term injured reserve for the first half of the season after having back surgery, but Spielman said the decision to acquire Easton isn't because the Vikings are worried about Sullivan being out longer.

"This is a young center; we tried to sign him after the draft," Spielman said. "He played very well in the preseason. We monitored him when he was with the Ravens. ... It's just an opportunity to get another young player, to get in and take a look at him, and see what we have and what he can potentially develop into."

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Thought it was kind of strange, but whatever. Audie Cole has definitely made some big plays in his limited playing time, and Kendricks is the future there anyway, so I'm assuming he'll gain a bunch of playing time here.

Is the center going to start?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad