OT: Non-Hockey Sports Thread XII - We Got Other Sports Too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Yeah he did. CB isn't an easy position to step into as a rookie either. Some people were already writing Waynes off due to him not starting...

Teddy wasn't very good today, but our dline took advantage of a completely depleted chargers Oline.

Zimmer knows DB's and he was pushing for Waynes in the draft, I trust his opinion and was willing to wait until Zimmer thought he was ready.

Trae today showed just a taste of his future. His coverage was very good. They didn't miss a beat when he stepped in for Rhodes. Rivers learned quick that Waynes wasn't going to be shaken to allow the big play they needed to get back into the game, so started going elsewhere again.

Hope Rhodes isn't out too long though, that collision was scary stuff. If Waynes keeps progressing and Rhodes gets healthy, that secondary could become VERY good!

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Our offensive line is obviously not very good, but Denver's pass rush is awesome. Disappointing game, but can't be too upset I guess. Thought Teddy was much better today.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
#$@! you, Bridgewater! :rant: And an honorable eff you to the defense for letting them prance down so damn easily for the final field goal. It was like watching Cam Barker clones.

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
I thought Bridgewater looked solid. His Passer Rating was 92.4 and he didn't throw any picks. Sure the fumble was costly but not nearly as costly as poor o-line play and Walsh missing a 38 yarder as a whole. The timing sucked but he had no time to throw the ball.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
I thought Bridgewater looked solid. His Passer Rating was 92.4 and he didn't throw any picks. Sure the fumble was costly but not nearly as costly as poor o-line play and Walsh missing a 38 yarder as a whole. The timing sucked but he had no time to throw the ball.

I would agree. Our O-line and Denver's front 7 was just a matchup nightmare.

Loopy0ne

ugg
Jul 4, 2011
That was a good game from the Vikings. If Walsh doesn't miss during such a tight, defensive affair, maybe this is different.

Either way, the fact it was on national tv and they hung in and had a chance to win against the number 1 defense so far this year... That is pretty impressive. Broncos defense is just scary rigged and we still got some points.

Last edited:

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
#$@! you, Bridgewater! :rant: And an honorable eff you to the defense for letting them prance down so damn easily for the final field goal. It was like watching Cam Barker clones.

Bridgewater was running for his life all game, and performed admirably. Not world shattering but very solid against the NUMBER ONE DEFENSE IN THE LEAGUE.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
I thought Bridgewater played pretty well. 66% completions, 269 yards, TD, and no INTs. Up against Peyton's 63% completions, 213 yards, TD, 2 INTs.

And Bridgewater was running for his life, like tgf said.

If you would have told me that was Teddy's line before the game started, I would have taken it in a heart beat, against that defense.

The defense was pretty solid. The big play sucked, but for the most part I thought they did a pretty good job.

Nice to see Diggs have a good game. Hopefully he remains effective as the season rolls along here.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Denver's defense make many offensive lines look like crap, that was no surprise. Teddy played admirably.

Diggs had a nice debut, but needs to work on ball security.

Walsh's missed field goal was the difference. How long do we let him cost us games?

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Walsh's missed field goal was the difference. How long do we let him cost us games?

On one hand I want to get rid of him.

On the other, I question who we'd bring in instead.

@AndrewSiciliano: That’s 14 missed FG in @NFL games this week…

Not including Lambo and Myers misses that didn’t count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad