Non-Hockey Sports Thread VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
I've seen a mock with one of the Iowa TEs going to us, but I think it was the second one.

Just feels like they will draft another DB or something.
could be worse things. all the talks of trading waynes and rhodes close to being past his prime. if its a dominant DB to play along with smith even it wouldnt be bad. BPA not need.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
If all the OL are gone, and one of Jones/Lock/Haskins is still on the board, I could see MN trying to trade down a a couple of spots.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I don't see Tennesse, Pittsburgh, Seattle, Baltimore or Houston wanting/needing/taking a QB.

#24 would be the first spot, but only if the Raiders don't take one at #4.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
could be worse things. all the talks of trading waynes and rhodes close to being past his prime. if its a dominant DB to play along with smith even it wouldnt be bad. BPA not need.
I agree with BPA generally, but then they need another solution to fix the line, which they don't appear to have.

They're completely wasting their window because of a problem they have no solution to. It's incredibly frustrating, and it's why this team won't get to double digit wins again.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
I agree with BPA generally, but then they need another solution to fix the line, which they don't appear to have.

They're completely wasting their window because of a problem they have no solution to. It's incredibly frustrating, and it's why this team won't get to double digit wins again.
i can see trading a DB if we draft one for a oline. as much as i like rhodes i think he could grab us a solid lineman in return and id trust our defense still. he is good but he gets hurt plenty lately so its not like we havent been playing without him. hughes is running again

Reactions: Wild11MN

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Yeah, there are some good options left. Time to trade up?

Probably way too expensive to go from 50 to the first round.

Redskins/Colts trade would be the market, #50 plus next year's 2nd. Then again, if that Taylor guy from Florida was a top 10 talent (where he was going in almost every mock that I saw), then I'd think that it'd be worth it.

Or maybe #50 + Rudolph + later pick (3rd or 4th) to New England, who could use a TE.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Probably way too expensive to go from 50 to the first round.

Redskins/Colts trade would be the market, #50 plus next year's 2nd. Then again, if that Taylor guy from Florida was a top 10 talent (where he was going in almost every mock that I saw), then I'd think that it'd be worth it.

Or maybe #50 + Rudolph + later pick (3rd or 4th) to New England, who could use a TE.
Yeah I saw that guy way up there in drafts as well. I wonder why he's falling.

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
I assume dry weather would be better because then they can control how much water its getting?
The temperature affects things more than dry or wet. If you don't get a lot of rain, but it's not a drought you water it as you normally would. If it rains more often then you water less. Ideally you want upper 70s low 80s during the day and upper 50s low 60s at night for the first month or so.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
And yet I hear they have hardly anyone attending games. That's all I hear on KFAN anyway, how poor the Twins attendance is this year.

Lots of mid 40 degree nights. If they’re still around in late May, June, etc... it’ll get better.

I don’t care if they were undefeated right now, I don’t want go to a baseball game and have to bundle up. At least not in the spring.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Lots of mid 40 degree nights. If they’re still around in late May, June, etc... it’ll get better.

I don’t care if they were undefeated right now, I don’t want go to a baseball game and have to bundle up. At least not in the spring.

I agree with this. I'll go to a hockey or football game when it is cold and really not think much about it. Going to a cold baseball game just isn't fun for me.

I'd rather go watch bad teams play on nice/hot days than good teams play on cold/wet/windy days.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Yeah, I do think the cold weather has legitimately played a decent role in the attendance numbers.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Yeah, it's been cold and miserable watching my son's HS BB games, which are free and just a short drive away for the most part. Fighting rush hour traffic, finding parking, lining up, paying the ticket price/fees, paying outrageous prices for food and drink, then watching a 3 hr. game in miserable weather?
Nah.
It's a hard sell for me most of the time, but a near impossible one now, and I like baseball. Glad to see thenTwins are doing well.

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
After today's performace against the Evil Empire I am bordering on calling this Twins team a legitimate club for once.

Nice win today.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
After today's performace against the Evil Empire I am bordering on calling this Twins team a legitimate club for once.

Nice win today.

They were "supposed to" contend for their Division last year, so it's not too surprising,. They just kept tripping over their shoelaces.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad