Non-Hockey Sports Thread VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

chchelseII

Sep 24, 2014
Correct, in this case the best horse finished what... 7th? War of Will looked like he had all of the momentum to take the race before he was impeded by Maximum Security.
War of Will was certainly charging and could have won the race if Maximum Security hadn't veered into him. But the winner, Country House, wasn't affected at all and was clearly outrun by Maximum Security. That would make the winner third best, if that.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
War of Will was certainly charging and could have won the race if Maximum Security hadn't veered into him. But the winner, Country House, wasn't affected at all and was clearly outrun by Maximum Security. That would make the winner third best, if that.
Never said otherwise.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
And now the Twins allowed one run in three games to Toronto. And they hit 8 home runs. Get the hype train going.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
FC716AB1-F2FE-4E1B-A50E-D00E4960C920.jpeg

Reactions: SupremeNachos

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
I haven't been this excited about the Twins in over a decade. I know it's a little less than a quarter through the season but our rotation has been phenomenal. In the past we had a good 1-2 punch in Santana and Liriano but never could find that extra guy who was above average as the finisher. I'm not surprised at Odo and Perez striking guys out, more that they are not giving up a ton of runs. Gibson seems to have fully embraced swing and miss vs his ground ball approach of years past and Pineda can eat innings at the very least. I wouldn't mind signing Kimbrel to take the closer role and use Rodgers and Hildy as 7/8 inning setup guys.

Reactions: Dakota Sioux

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Correct, in this case the best horse finished what... 7th? War of Will looked like he had all of the momentum to take the race before he was impeded by Maximum Security.
War of Will took the Preakness... this is a case of a horse that "could have been" a triple crown threat, but we'll never know at this point because he never got a fair chance in the Derby.

123TripleDoge

Nov 24, 2014
Haven't seen a single game this year lol. Do you they ever play on espn or anything? I wonder i get the mlb channel

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
i still think the twins lack ace pitching. i can barely name any players barrios ; sano that's about it.
How many teams have more than one true ace? Berrios still hasn't reached his potential which is a scary thought for other teams seeing how well he is pitching this year. Odo and Perez are having career bounce back years which helps this team a ton. Gibson is Gibson and Pineda can eat innings as a 5th starter. Baseball is a sport where you can win it all without a "Super Star" player on your roster. As for you not being able to name more than 2 players, that seems like it's more on you than on the team itself at this point.

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
The term "Ace" in baseball literally refers to one pitcher. Odorizzi has been fantastic, Gibson is a weird one, showed signs of being great and then he steps out in the 5th and starts hanging breaking balls. Usually his losses and higher ERA can all be blamed on 1 inning in each start this year.

Also, the Twins have the 2nd best team ERA in the league. Not bad. If anything, you'll see Pineda hit the pen or we trade some of our ridiculous infield depth for another reliever.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Thank you for making my point. Every team has AN ACE.

Jose Berrios is our ace. The term refers to your #1 starter. But this a dumb argument so I am leaving now.

I like when we win. Big baseball hits, go team.

Brewers don't have an ace. Their #1 SP is really a 2/3 SP. Hader is the closest they would have to an Ace, and he's a reliever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad