Non-Hockey Sports Thread VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Northwestern maybe? Rutgers?
Northwestern had never even made the tournament until a few years ago. I don't remember Rutgers ever being gone in the short-intermediate past. I'm not sure Nebraska has done anything either.

Research incoming.

Update:
Northwestern has made the tourney once now, and they won one game.
Rutgers hasn't even made the tourney since '91
Nebraska has apparently never won a tourney game (the only major conference school to never win a game)
Penn State has two wins since '91, both in '01

So it's not just the Gophers that suck lol.

Reactions: Northerner

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
Northwestern had never even made the tournament until a few years ago. I don't remember Rutgers ever being gone in the short-intermediate past. I'm not sure Nebraska has done anything either.

Research incoming.

Update:
Nebraska has apparently never won a tourney game (the only major conference school to never win a game)

At least the Huskers and Lions are good at football.

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017

Research incoming.

Update:

I guess good for the NCAA for making sure the Mid-Majors are overly represented every year? lol

JK

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
Through the first 6 games the B1G was 6-0. Not sure if anyone from the conference has lost yet.

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
Can't understand why the Gophers didn't go full-court press with 5 minutes or so left to go??

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
Pitino is going another 0fer in keeping kids in state. I understand that kids want to go to a good school that has a chance to win, but I wish they would realize sometimes all it takes is one or two of them to stay local to have that chance.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
They were 7-1. Wisconsin lost yesterday. Maryland just lost to LSU about two minutes ago on a last second layup, so 7-2 now.
It's been awhile since I've seen a healthy Wisconsin team with so many correctable errors that ended up being the down fall of the team. When your best player is a 47% free throw shooter... When your team as a whole shoots 64.9% from free throws, ranking 331st of 353 teams, it just doesn't bode well for success. Hope they can correct it for next year.

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
Polanco with first Twins cycle since Cuddy in 2008.

Kind of like a hole-in-one in golf - it's rare and hard to do, but kind of overrated - but it shows he's got potential.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Anyone going to the Final Four today? I've been waiting and waiting for ticket prices to drop, but they never have, particularly because of ridiculously high "service" fees online (like $40-$70 per ticket).

The championship game is pretty reasonable on Monday, so I'm hoping to go to that still.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Polanco with first Twins cycle since Cuddy in 2008.

Kind of like a hole-in-one in golf - it's rare and hard to do, but kind of overrated - but it shows he's got potential.
That's a pretty decent analogy. They've got a real shot to win the division. Cleveland's lineup looks terrible, and it won't get that much better after injuries.

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
That's a pretty decent analogy. They've got a real shot to win the division. Cleveland's lineup looks terrible, and it won't get that much better after injuries.
If Kluber continues to struggle and our pitching is average or slightly above we should win the division. Chicago has started off better than I thought they would offensively so might need to keep an eye on that. Knowing our luck we will win the division only to face the Yankees and lose.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Though it is concerning how his game vanished the 2nd half when Diggs was slowed by injury and Thielen started seeing the same double teams that Diggs was succeeding with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad