Patrick, Bunnaman, Sandin, Laczynski, Allison, Twarynski as possible options

Provy Niskanen
Sanheim Myers
Ghost Friedman
Hagg

Zamula, Hogberg, maybe York

Hart
???

Not really directed toward you, but just so others see the potential roster as of now. Lizotte isn't needed because he would slide to the #3C spot, and that's where Frost should be this coming year. S0 Lizotte isn't a "need"

Personally, they ONLY position I would move Patrick for, is for a young, ED exempt RHD who has top 4 upside. Someone who could be playing this coming year and be in the top 4 the year after once Niskanen is gone. And even then, he has to have the upside to give up on Patrick. Not many fits out there.

ctmagic

Jan 15, 2013
I just feel like you see this in sports all the time, prospect doesn’t pan out wether from injuries or developmental/organizational problems. GM has an opportunity to get something now to help his team in return for said prospect, passing the gamble on to another team. Wild aren’t competing for a cup next year and need lotto tickets at center, Philly is. Don’t think it’s that far fetched to say he could be traded before next season.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I just feel like you see this in sports all the time, prospect doesn’t pan out wether from injuries or developmental/organizational problems. GM has an opportunity to get something now to help his team in return for said prospect, passing the gamble on to another team. Wild aren’t competing for a cup next year and need lotto tickets at center, Philly is. Don’t think it’s that far fetched to say he could be traded before next season.
So looking at the roster I posted, try and tell us what makes sense for Philly to give up a #2 overall pick who was playing as a #3C as a 19 year old?

Edit: just saw the above.

Addison is a smaller RHD. With York being slighter and Zamula needing to pack on the pounds, he just isn't the right fit.

If it was someone like Dumba but ED exempt, we would have interest. But Addison is a few years away so that doesn't help us now, or cap wise. Just not worth it.

Reactions: BrindamoursNose

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Reactions: Adtar02

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Is there a scenario where Philly would pair him with a guy like JVR as a sweetner to clear cap space? Obviously the other team takes a big risk, so perhaps there's a conditional pick involved

Can't imagine. JVR is still a pretty useful player, albeit expensive. Still a 20 goal, 50 point guy. Certainly not an anchor.

Reactions: Tripod

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Addison and our later 1st

for

Patrick and a 2nd
From a value point of view Philly would take this and run. I don't get why Minnesota would offer this without seeing play first. At trade deadline if Patrick has played 50 games, ok I get it them.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Why the hell would the Wild offer Addison (who looked terrific in the Wild pre bubble camp, and at the WJC's) +1st for a 2nd and Patrick? And who would turn it down?

You'd only trade for a ED exempt Dumba? Wha?

Patrick is maybe worth Mittelstadt, another question mark player with high upside, but who hasn't done much of anything in the NHL.

Reactions: ctmagic

ctmagic

Jan 15, 2013
Why the hell would the Wild offer Addison (who looked terrific in the Wild pre bubble camp, and at the WJC's) +1st for a 2nd and Patrick? And who would turn it down?

You'd only trade for a ED exempt Dumba? Wha?

Patrick is maybe worth Mittelstadt, another question mark player with high upside, but who hasn't done much of anything in the NHL.

Man I got no idea, I’m just curious what Philly fans would want and what’s realistic. Just spitballing. Patrick still has crazy potential but I have no idea what that’s worth on the trade market, hence the thread.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Have you looked at the draft order? Tell me where the "our later 1st" is for Minny.
I guess Minn getting a 1 plus for Dumba lol.

No one should be offering a trade around Patrick for say pick 20 and legit prospect to acquire Patrick without seeing Patrick play 40 games first.
Also, Flyers should have ZERO interest in 2nd round picks, 3rd line players who are borderline ED keepable for a player with legit middle 6 c upside.

It the easiest let reevaluate at trade deadline player and don't trade this offseason as you can get.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Man I got no idea, I’m just curious what Philly fans would want and what’s realistic. Just spitballing. Patrick still has crazy potential but I have no idea what that’s worth on the trade market, hence the thread.
There just isn't really a deal that makes sense for 2 teams because the upside if Patrick plays, just won't realistically come back in a trade.

As a Flyers fan, I would rather keep him and have him bust than trade him for less than his upside and have him reach that upside elsewhere.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I can’t see him being traded .
They have been patient and had to go through all this up to now , to just trade him when he is somewhat close to returning ? Would look very very bad on a GM if they give up on him now and he turns it around (which he has the skill to do , just needs to stay healthy )

ctmagic

Jan 15, 2013
As a Flyers fan, I would rather keep him and have him bust than trade him for less than his upside and have him reach that upside elsewhere.

Oh I get that completely, I just doubt any GM looks at it that way. I’d be surprised if Fletcher wouldn’t consider a move with Patrick to improve his team now.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I just want this kid to get healthy. Philly is a division rival of my isles but as a hockey fan and in general you hate to see injuries derail or hurt guys careers. Maybe I was wrong but I said I would have drafted him 1st overall over Nico. I think If healthy Patrick can be a special player.
That’s a big reason why the Devils did not take him at 1 . His injury history . I’m not sure how the draft would have went if Patrick was bulletproof and had no injury history at all, Thas part of the evaluation when drafting a player .

ctmagic

Jan 15, 2013
I can’t see him being traded .
They have been patient and had to go through all this up to now , to just trade him when he is somewhat close to returning ? Would look very very bad on a GM if they give up on him now and he turns it around (which he has the skill to do , just needs to stay healthy )

But has Frost potential and your depth up the middle made him an expendable asset?

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Oh I get that completely, I just doubt any GM looks at it that way. I’d be surprised if Fletcher wouldn’t consider a move with Patrick to improve his team now.
And that may be.

But so far no one has offered anything that helps us for next year and in the future more than Patrick would if healthy.

Reactions: ctmagic

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Patrick contract situation for Philly is simple. 1-2 years at $1m. I don’t think Patrick’s QO even needs to be a 1-way deal.

Patricks value as a trade asset? Right now best case is probably a late 1st round pick, and could be lower. Philly is probably better off holding onto Patrick hoping he recovers versus selling him at that value.

Reactions: Flyer lurker

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
But has Frost potential and your depth up the middle made him an expendable asset?

One year from now IF IF IF IF IF Patrick can stay healthy play 60 games and get .5 ppg AND Frost is fully ready to go then yes a young player be it Patrick or someone else is potentially expendable and available to go bigger game hunting or acquire RHD after ED etc. etc..

To trade Patrick for a 2nd or depth forward as of today because Flyers are a deep team is wrong plan x1000000.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Also the ED throws a wrinkle into any potential deals with Minny as for Philly, Dumba is the guy they would likely look at to round out the defense.

But they can't protect 4 Dmen and 4 forwards as that would mean exposing Lindblom and Voracek. They have to go 7-3....which mean Dumba, Sanheim or Myers is exposed.

And that makes no sense to do.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad