Value of: Nolan Patrick

ctmagic

Jan 15, 2013
The Nolan Patrick situation

“It’s a strange situation in that there isn’t an easy comparable, and with a lot of moving pieces up in the air, making a projection on what that next contract should look like gets pretty difficult. It makes sense to wonder how the Flyers will approach a contract for a player like Patrick who, while he is a former second overall pick and has a tremendous amount of potential still, they haven’t seen play hockey since the 2018-19 season. Add into the mix some rumors kicking around that the relationship between the two parties is a bit fraught and you’ve got a virtual firestorm ready for online takes.”

So what is his value currently in a trade and/or his next contract? Personally wouldn’t mind seeing the Wild inquire. Given their current depth at C and considering what Philly has down the middle with their vets and a young guy like Frost, maybe the Wild could call up old buddy GMCF and work a deal.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I just want this kid to get healthy. Philly is a division rival of my isles but as a hockey fan and in general you hate to see injuries derail or hurt guys careers. Maybe I was wrong but I said I would have drafted him 1st overall over Nico. I think If healthy Patrick can be a special player.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Flyers have no reason to trade him unless it's an overpay for what he has proven AND for someone with upside too.

They also have NO REASON at all to offer him anything but the minimum that the need to as he is a RFA, missed a whole year, and has no leverage. AND no assurance that he will play next year.

Reactions: BrindamoursNose

ctmagic

Jan 15, 2013
Still a ton of potential there, sounds like he’s making progress towards playing next year. Weird situation for Philly though, what the hell do you pay him?

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
No idea, just read that in linked article
Oh no wasn’t questioning you more so with broadstreethockey. I haven’t seen one report the two parties are unhappy with each other and the article says that? No sourced info either because I know it isn’t their people getting that info.

Reactions: Adtar02

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Still a ton of potential there, sounds like he’s making progress towards playing next year. Weird situation for Philly though, what the hell do you pay him?
$971, 250 is the min they "have" to offer I believe.

I would offer a 2 year, 1 million per. No reason to offer more and you are giving Nolan a guaranteed 2 million dollars and he might not ever play again.

If he comes back and plays well for 2 years, he will make good money on the next contract.

ctmagic

Jan 15, 2013
If Fletcher were to pursue a trade, what might that look like realistically?

ctmagic

Jan 15, 2013
Everytime we get this thread. The answer is always the same. We hope for his health to get better. Until then he has no value. He may never play again

It’s worth bringing up again considering the RFA status and what’s been written lately. Things change. I’m curious as to what potential rift between him and the organization the posted story is alluding to.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Hope he gets healthy again and we can see what he can do. Nobody is going to give up anything of value for a guy who’s whole career is in question and Philly isn’t trading him unless it’s an overpay.

/thread

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
If Fletcher were to pursue a trade, what might that look like realistically?
Who else has a cheap player with possibly 60 point upside if healthy?
Patrick for Puljujarvi
Easy no
Flyers have no cap room for improvement - South Philly Review

This article implies that Philly’s cap situation may make it troublesome making any kind of commitment to him if they choose to go after any free agents.
What type of commitment are you expecting the Flyers to make to him?

He just made almost 1 million this year and didn't play a game. From a PURE financial view, they owe him little...and he owes them. He will make around 1 million next year so he won't be an issue cap wise....there are others you can trade if you have to. Ones that don't have Nolan's upside if he ever gets healthy.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
It’s worth bringing up again considering the RFA status and what’s been written lately. Things change. I’m curious as to what potential rift between him and the organization the posted story is alluding to.
This is the first that myself and another Flyers fan have heard about any rift and we frequent our team boards and it hasn't been mentioned there.

So maybe it's made up.

Reactions: ctmagic

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Who else has a cheap player with possibly 60 point upside if healthy?

Easy no

What type of commitment are you expecting the Flyers to make to him?

He just made almost 1 million this year and didn't play a game. From a PURE financial view, they owe him little...and he owes them. He will make around 1 million next year so he won't be an issue cap wise....there are others you can trade if you have to. Ones that don't have Nolan's upside if he ever gets healthy.

Remember your other #2 overall pick who you traded away because he was inconsistent, but then blew up on his next team.

Maybe you just keep him and hope for the best.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
He may never play again. He may be a 2C for the next decade. Shitty situation for him but I think he will be back at some point. Fletcher said he expects Patrick to be back next season at some point. Not exactly glowing but it’s better than being out. Thankfully the flyers can afford to be patient. They already have Couts and Hayes and there is no reason Frost can’t be a good 3C at least next year

Reactions: Flyer lurker

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
There is no issue with the team. He is getting better and will likely play in the next season. They aren’t trading him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad