Value of: Nolan Patrick to Winnipeg

Avalanche2133

May 16, 2013
Manitoba, Canada
I was just wondering what the Jets would give to land Nolan Patrick at the draft? Being a Winnipeg boy and all.
As I am a Colorado and Jets fan, I wonder what else the Jets would add to Trouba to get Patrick at #1 if Colorado lands that pick which is looking more likely every day.

Would something like #1 pick for Trouba and Connor be fair?

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I was just wondering what the Jets would give to land Nolan Patrick at the draft? Being a Winnipeg boy and all.
As I am a Colorado and Jets fan, I wonder what else the Jets would add to Trouba to get Patrick at #1 if Colorado lands that pick which is looking more likely every day.

Would something like #1 pick for Trouba and Connor be fair?

I think you're overrating Patrick a lot if you think Trouba + Connor is fair.

BayStreetBully

Oct 25, 2007
Toronto
Nolan Patrick in Winnipeg would be cool. Potentially the most prolific Manitoba-born forward, after Bobby Clarke and Jonathan Toews?

I wonder if the combination of skill and hometown factor is enough to make Patrick more popular than Laine.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
I think you're overrating Patrick a lot if you think Trouba + Connor is fair.

Really?

The guy with the contract troubles that will probably have to be traded in the near future and that has yet to prove that he can be a top pairing D in the longrun + a great prospect that isn't really NHL ready yet is too much for the #1 Overall?

I disagree with that...

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
It would be nice to get Patrick, but the best outcome with Trouba is an extension.

Baring that, and the Jets lose Trouba, the team needs to add multiple young D to the mix because the Jets have less young talent on D than on O.

Also, no way personally I would trade both Trouba and Connor for Patrick.

Paradise*

Individual thinker
Jun 9, 2010
Waiverpeg
Really?

The guy with the contract troubles that will probably have to be traded in the near future and that has yet to prove that he can be a top pairing D in the longrun + a great prospect that isn't really NHL ready yet is too much for the #1 Overall?

I disagree with that...

Yup. Too much. Not all 1st overall are worth the same value.

We aren't talking McDavid/Matthews #1 overall pick here. It's more along the lines of McKinnon #1 overall pick.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
As a Jets fan, Nolan would be nice to have but no biggie either. I would never over pay to get him, he's no McDavid or anything. If we win him via draft ok, if we make a fair hockey to fill both teams need ok....no way I would over pay though. Home town thing is way over rated, don't really care

landy92mack29

May 5, 2014
saskatchewan
Avs would be following the Oilers model of drafting forward after forward high without fixing the D. If they draft Patrick then Duchene or Landeskog probably traded for a D. Took Oilers trading Hall to finally get a upgrade on D.

Patrick is exactly what the Avs need and would be a perfect duo with Mackinnon. They can trade Duchene for defense

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
If Chevy can pick him, I'm all for adding him to the mix. If not, I'm not paying for the privilege of having yet another rookie forward.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Really?

I disagree with that...

Ever since Bob Mackenzie referred to Nolan Patrick's upside is as a 2C, the value of picks in this draft (on HF) has tanked. I'll put it this way though, would you trade a good young 2nd pair defenseman, a good rookie with middle six upside, for a guy projected to be a 2C? I wouldn't.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Avs draft Patrick

They should probably draft Tim Leljegren. Nolan Patrick is more likely to be a Nugent-Hopkins than a Seguin, let alone being a McDavid. If I were trading for that pick, I'd ask myself if I would give up the same package for Nugent-Hopkins. If the answer is no, its probably too much. And I'd ask if my team needs another top six forward more than a top 4 defenseman.

Paradise*

Individual thinker
Jun 9, 2010
Waiverpeg
It would be ehlers+trouba atleast. Connor hasn't looked good at all.

I don't think you understand how good Ehlers has been. He's been one of the Jets best and consistent players.

He's definitely untouchable and part of our core, both now and in the future.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Ever since Bob Mackenzie referred to Nolan Patrick's upside is as a 2C, the value of picks in this draft (on HF) has tanked. I'll put it this way though, would you trade a good young 2nd pair defenseman, a good rookie with middle six upside, for a guy projected to be a 2C? I wouldn't.

Yeah which is garbage.

Of course there is no Matthews or McDavid in this draft.

But do people honestly believe that Trouba + Connor is good enough to fetch those guys?

Really?

I certainly would not even consider that package for MacKinnon.

Patrick definitely has legit #1 upside. Who knows if he will reach it but he is certainly still worth a ton right now if anyone wants to trade for the pick (which is why the #1 almost never gets traded in the first place).

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
The thing that puts a damper on the tank talk this year is Patrick has been hurt and might be an average to below average 1st overall.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Are ppl joking with this? This draft is not as strong as 15 and 16 but cmon.... Patrick and liljegren are not garbage.

Who said they were? Trouba and Ehlers are not garbage either, which is the point.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
Are ppl joking with this? This draft is not as strong as 15 and 16 but cmon.... Patrick and liljegren are not garbage.

They aren't garbage but they also aren't as valuable as Ehlers or Trouba.

This draft class sucks

FrozenJagrt

Dec 16, 2009
As a Leafs fan, I think Winnipeg would be foolish to make that trade. Patrick scares me. I was VERY high on him last year, but the kid just can't stay healthy.

Don't get me wrong, I like a lot about him. He's a big righty center who can do it all. But man... It's one health issue after another with him.

I think Winnipeg would be better off trying to get a top pick next year for Dahlin. Kid looks to be a phenom who would make Jets fans forget Trouba ever existed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad