Proposal: Nolan Patrick to Ottawa

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Underrate player.
Offer underwhelming package for player because "injuries"
Tell everyone how player you're trying to acquire isn't even good or worth the original proposal.

Rinse. Repeat.

Patrick goes nowhere, and not because he's an elite prospect. Its because his value is too low right now in relation to his upside to justify any trade where the Flyers aren't clear 'right now' winners.

All this ignores the fact that, on paper, were probably one of the deepest forward teams in the league so trading a forward for a forward makes minimal sense.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Fixed that for you. The good thing with Patrick is that his floor is a functional 3C who can play on the PP. Brown's ceiling may be higher (it is in my opinion), but his floor could be AHL all star... The Flyers are in win now mode so I can understand why this would be less than appealing. As a Devils fan I think I would prefer to have Brown with the hope he can turn into a 65-75 point playmaking center.
And tine will tell if Brown can get there....or get to even being an NHLer.

Given where the Flyers are rebuild wise, already having Couts and Hayes and Frost on the way, the hope is Patrick stays healthy and eventually pushes Hayes down.

Reality is right now, Brown would not make the Flyers as they are already waiting for a spot for Frost. Not to mention have Sandin, Laczynski, Bunaman, Twarynski, Kase, Rubstov, etc... waiting. We don't need to trade Patrick for quantity and hope he becomes an Nhler. We will keep the already good #3 C and hope he gets his migraines under control and becomes a #2 C.

Reactions: Flyer lurker

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
Says the guy who went out of his way to accused me of being biased against the flyers.

c3869a565dae819b5dde572939fec031.gif

Reactions: pit

1dreamof1cup

Jan 9, 2016
You realize that you could say this about quite literally every player in the league, right?
Huh, idk literally does every players in the league have migraines problems? Yeah didnt think so. One more concussion and his migraines will be coming back and possibly even worst since he's prone to them. And..thats if they dont back by themselves cuz they can happen anytime.. I wish him the best but he'll have to be extra careful on the ice if he wants a long career. Anyway dont bother replying to me, this will be my last visit and take on the topic, i get dumber everytime I read threads with flyers fan

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Huh, idk literally does every players in the league have migraines problems? Yeah didnt think so. One more concussion and his migraines will be coming back and possibly even worst since he's prone to them. And..thats if they dont back by themselves cuz they can happen anytime.. I wish him the best but he'll have to be extra careful on the ice if he wants a long career. Anyway dont bother replying to me, this will be my last visit and take on the topic, i get dumber everytime I read threads with flyers fan

Concussions and migraines aren't directly tied together in all cases.

His migraines arent driven by concussions. Its a hereditary condition. Maybe a migraine spurs them, maybe it doesn't. You have no insight into his diagnosis to make such a claim. That's the point.

There isn't some magical threshold of concussions where you hit and have to retire. Patrick may or may not be any closer to retirement than say, Crosby, who has had several concussions. One concussion can literally end anyone's career.

Youll be missed.

Odie Cleghorn

Jun 8, 2020

His migraines arent driven by concussions. Its a hereditary condition. Maybe a migraine spurs them, maybe it doesn't. You have no insight into his diagnosis to make such a claim. That's the point.

There isn't some magical threshold of concussions where you hit and have to retire. Patrick may or may not be any closer to retirement than say, Crosby, who has had several concussions. One concussion can literally end anyone's career.

Youll be missed.
That is the point. A GM trading for him would have to get his medical history and decide how likely he is to stay healthy. Without the history I wouldn't offer much. With it who knows. I didn't think there was any cure or remedy for migraines.

1dreamof1cup

Jan 9, 2016

Youll be missed.
You clearly dont know what your talking about

goonybird

Young boy expert
Jul 9, 2015
Underrate player.
Offer underwhelming package for player because "injuries"
Tell everyone how player you're trying to acquire isn't even good or worth the original proposal.

Rinse. Repeat.

Patrick goes nowhere, and not because he's an elite prospect. Its because his value is too low right now in relation to his upside to justify any trade where the Flyers aren't clear 'right now' winners.

All this ignores the fact that, on paper, were probably one of the deepest forward teams in the league so trading a forward for a forward makes minimal sense.

Just here to point out that the quotation marks around injuries absolutely should not be there.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
You clearly dont know what your talking about

As someone who lives with the exact same disorder as Patrick -- I feel fairly confident that my knowledge on the topic FAR exceeds yours. Weren't you not coming back?

That is the point. A GM trading for him would have to get his medical history and decide how likely he is to stay healthy. Without the history I wouldn't offer much. With it who knows. I didn't think there was any cure or remedy for migraines.

Regarding the bolded, there really isnt. There are medications that you can take to help manage them, but they are mostly reactionary measures. Different people have different triggers, so its not like "you broke your foot, put it in a cast, come back in 6 weeks." kinda resolution. As for talking about the value? I dont know what you mean. Im on record in this thread that Patrick has minimal value currently. I was responding to a grossly incorrect post about Patrick being the only one who is one hit away from a career ending concussion.

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
Yeah, but he's also 3rd in games played... Even if you ignore his health problems, I'm not sure he would go top 10 in a redraft.

Petterson
Makar
Heiskanen
Hischier
Suzuki
Thomas
Yamamoto

I think those 7 are comfortably ahead, but then he'd have to compete with these guys for top 10:

Jokiharju
Necas
Vilardi
Chytil
Valimaki
Brannstrom
Batherson
Comtois
Frost
Hague
Ferraro

He's probably anywhere from 9 to 13, but could slip further as other guys continue to develop. He looked okay last night, he's got a lot of Sean Monahan in his game. I see him topping out at 50-60 points if he reaches his potential (unless he's paired with an elite winger). And like Monahan, I don't really expect him to improve much from his 20 year old level.

I personally hope he can stay healthy. I suffered a concussion at 20 that started my life with exercise induced migraines which eventually led to the end of my competitive playing career. It ****ing sucks, and can be very hard to come back from. Just playing beer league at 80% can trigger a migraine that puts me out of commission for 24-36 hours.

When I first heard of his condition, I was half expecting it to signal the beginning of the end of his career. There's more to life than hockey, and having to deal with multiple migraines a month can really take the joy out of living.
Why is Yamamoto comfortably ahead?

Limeyjim

Jan 4, 2017
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
I really hope that Nolan Patrick isn't traded anywhere. When he was drafted he could have been the top pick in his draft year, when the Flyers picked him I was elated. He is still a very young player, even with losing an entire season due to his ongoing migraine troubles, I'm sure he'll return to become one of the best players on the Flyers roster. I'm glad he's back!

Reactions: Devonator

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Why is Yamamoto comfortably ahead?

He has 27 points in his last 28 games, only 4 less points than Patrick's career best.

But beyond the point totals? Yamamoto is a much better skater, plays the game at a faster pace, and is an absolute beast on the forecheck. He's also a better puck carrier and has an excellent release.

I can't imagine a GM passing over a player who has been so much more productive at the NHL level in a redraft. Especially when you consider that Yamamoto is a full year younger than Patrick.

Here4ThaLids

“Sunshine has always been our enemy.”
Sep 28, 2018
Don't just say your piece, make sure you get the last word! Multiple times, if you have to!

Reactions: mja

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
With Logan Brown not even being on the taxi squad, you have to imagine it's most likely the scenario he gets traded very soon - which is unfortunate as everyone would agree he's mostly in this position because of being poorly managed by the Sens organization. The Sens having guys like Anisimov, Paquette, Galchenyuk and even Haley, Chlapik, Peca ahead of him just screams mismanagement.

Why does it scream mismanagement? What has Logan Brown done to deserve to be ahead of any of them?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad