Proposal: Nolan Patrick to Ottawa

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
If Logan Brown can't crack the Senators, I don't see why any team would give much value for him. Ottawa is one of the best scouting and development teams in the league and if they don't believe a player is worth a shot, there is no way in hell i'm paying an asset for that player.
To be fair, while our centre depth sucks, there are five centres on one way contacts ahead of him. Tierney, Anisimov, Paquette, White, Stepan.

Reactions: Bob Clarke Fan Club

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
a46.gif

Reactions: Flyer lurker

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Staggering amount of awful takes in here. Which is of course the norm whenever Patrick comes up on the main board.

Blaine8797

Nov 26, 2018
You talking about the guy who hasn't playing in over 600 days because of migraines which he was battling too when he was younger? One bad hit and he is done.
You seem to be clueless
You mean the guy who got a goal first game back tonight?

phlocky

Jan 2, 2007
As this is a fan based discussion board you will never find a Flyers fan who believes this proposal to be remotely fair for the Flyers no matter how much you want to pump the tires on Brown and deflate the tires on Patrick.

Plain and simple, we will hold on to Patrick until he proves he's a complete flop and doesn't deserve a roster spot on any NHL roster. The only other possibility would be that we package him with other assets for a legit top pairing rhd. That is the ONLY scenario in which we entertain trading Patrick.

End of story

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
If Logan Brown can't crack the Senators, I don't see why any team would give much value for him. Ottawa is one of the best scouting and development teams in the league and if they don't believe a player is worth a shot, there is no way in hell i'm paying an asset for that player.

Add to that the roster isn’t exactly deep with proven NHL blocking him. Want that Chiasson guy back for him? You can even mess up the paperwork for NHL head office and keep Brown

Bob Clarke Fan Club

Feb 14, 2003
Visit site
Patrick has looked good in his return and through camp. As a fan, I'm optimistic that he'll finally reach his potential. Far too much upside to chuck for depth that they already have in spades. Thanks for the proposal OP.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Reminder, despite what Patrick has gone thru, he is still 5th in career points from that draft year. Nothing in the future is guaranteed. But at least we have Frost ready to go if he does miss games.

Yeah, but he's also 3rd in games played... Even if you ignore his health problems, I'm not sure he would go top 10 in a redraft.

Petterson
Makar
Heiskanen
Hischier
Suzuki
Thomas
Yamamoto

I think those 7 are comfortably ahead, but then he'd have to compete with these guys for top 10:

Jokiharju
Necas
Vilardi
Chytil
Valimaki
Brannstrom
Batherson
Comtois
Frost
Hague
Ferraro

He's probably anywhere from 9 to 13, but could slip further as other guys continue to develop. He looked okay last night, he's got a lot of Sean Monahan in his game. I see him topping out at 50-60 points if he reaches his potential (unless he's paired with an elite winger). And like Monahan, I don't really expect him to improve much from his 20 year old level.

I personally hope he can stay healthy. I suffered a concussion at 20 that started my life with exercise induced migraines which eventually led to the end of my competitive playing career. It ****ing sucks, and can be very hard to come back from. Just playing beer league at 80% can trigger a migraine that puts me out of commission for 24-36 hours.

When I first heard of his condition, I was half expecting it to signal the beginning of the end of his career. There's more to life than hockey, and having to deal with multiple migraines a month can really take the joy out of living.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Sorry, I thought we were making silly statements based on your original comment.

Oh the original comment where I implied 1 player is better because they're in the lineup (and scored that night) as opposed to the other player who plays for a worse organization & team yet can't crack the lineup.

How silly of me.

Yeah, but he's also 3rd in games played... Even if you ignore his health problems, I'm not sure he would go top 10 in a redraft.

Petterson
Makar
Heiskanen
Hischier
Suzuki
Thomas
Yamamoto

I think those 7 are comfortably ahead, but then he'd have to compete with these guys for top 10:

Jokiharju
Necas
Vilardi
Chytil
Valimaki
Brannstrom
Batherson
Comtois
Frost
Hague
Ferraro

He's probably anywhere from 9 to 13, but could slip further as other guys continue to develop. He looked okay last night, he's got a lot of Sean Monahan in his game. I see him topping out at 50-60 points if he reaches his potential (unless he's paired with an elite winger). And like Monahan, I don't really expect him to improve much from his 20 year old level.

I personally hope he can stay healthy. I suffered a concussion at 20 that started my life with exercise induced migraines which eventually led to the end of my competitive playing career. It ****ing sucks, and can be very hard to come back from. Just playing beer league at 80% can trigger a migraine that puts me out of commission for 24-36 hours.

When I first heard of his condition, I was half expecting it to signal the beginning of the end of his career. There's more to life than hockey, and having to deal with multiple migraines a month can really take the joy out of living.

Just say you're a hater and leave it at that

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

Petterson
Makar
Heiskanen
Hischier
Suzuki
Thomas
Yamamoto

Jokiharju
Necas
Vilardi
Chytil
Valimaki
Brannstrom
Batherson
Comtois
Frost
Hague
Ferraro

Sorry to hear about your migraines. That sucks and hope you are doing better now.

As for Patrick, I was just pointing out the points thing just to show how young these kids are and how lots are just starting their careers now. So while yes it sucks what Patrick has gone thru, if he can get them under control, he still could have a great career.

As for upside, I agree. I always thought Monahan was a good comparable but with better defense. Luckily with Couturier, Hayes and soon Frost, the Flyets don't "need" to force him into a role he is not suited for. He is the #3 C but also played with JVR and Voracek who both produced as top 6 plsyers(and 1st line for Jake) the last few years. So in the end, I wish him health first and hopefully he can carve out a healthy career. I am not trading him for lesser parts when the Flyers are already crazy deep and sitting Frost to start the season.

Flyers will likely see how this season plays out and my hen the ED. Next year is when I could see the Flyers making a big move.

Reactions: Flyer lurker

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Oh the original comment where I implied 1 player is better because they're in the lineup (and scored that night) as opposed to the other player who plays for a worse organization & team yet can't crack the lineup.

How silly of me.

Yep, now we are on the same page.

Just say you're a hater and leave it at that

Yeah I am the one with the bias here. Says the guy with the Flyers avatar.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Sorry to hear about your migraines. That sucks and hope you are doing better now.

Still have the migraine issues, but certainly learned to manage better (i.e. limit intense exercise, which sucks because if you love to play hockey its really hard to play at anything less than 100%).

As for Patrick, I was just pointing out the points thing just to show how young these kids are and how lots are just starting their careers now. So while yes it sucks what Patrick has gone thru, if he can get them under control, he still could have a great career.

As for upside, I agree. I always thought Monahan was a good comparable but with MUCH better defense. Luckily with Couturier, Hayes and soon Frost, the Flyets don't "need" to force him into a role he is not suited for. He is the #3 C but also played with JVR and Voracek who both produced as top 6 plsyers(and 1st line for Jake) the last few years. So in the end, I wish him health first and hopefully he can carve out a healthy career. I am not trading him for lesser parts when the Flyers are already crazy deep and sitting Frost to start the season.

Flyers will likely see how this season plays out and my hen the ED. Next year is when I could see the Flyers making a big move.

Fixed that for you. The good thing with Patrick is that his floor is a functional 3C who can play on the PP. Brown's ceiling may be higher (it is in my opinion), but his floor could be AHL all star... The Flyers are in win now mode so I can understand why this would be less than appealing. As a Devils fan I think I would prefer to have Brown with the hope he can turn into a 65-75 point playmaking center.

Reactions: Tripod

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Says the guy with lame Devils pun in his username.
Yeah I am totally biased against flyers prospects. Like when I said Konecny > Zacha after they were drafted.

I was never high on Patrick, going back to before his draft. Has nothing to do with him being a Flyer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad