Proposal: Nolan Patrick to Ottawa

Ygg

Feb 2, 2017
With Logan Brown not even being on the taxi squad, you have to imagine it's most likely the scenario he gets traded very soon - which is unfortunate as everyone would agree he's mostly in this position because of being poorly managed by the Sens organization. The Sens having guys like Anisimov, Paquette, Galchenyuk and even Haley, Chlapik, Peca ahead of him just screams mismanagement.

That being said, I'm also not sure what the Flyers are trying to do with Nolan Patrick. I'm sure they still like him, but again, he wasn't drafted by Chuck Fletcher, and there's no clue if he will ever return to form. I understand he's a 2nd OA pick, but after 3 years, the first two being a bit underwhelming and then the 3rd, him not even playing a single game, you have to wonder if now might not be the best time to bank on the player before he's worth just as much as Yakupov (who was traded after this 4th year in the league for... not much).

What I suggest:

To OTT:
Nolan Patrick

To PHI:
Logan Brown
Chris Tierney/OTT or SJS 2nd round draft pick, whichever happens the latest
OTT 6th round draft pick

Logan Brown, who still has great upside, gets his opportunity playing in a different system, a fresh start with great linemates, and if it doesn't pan out, Flyers also get Chris Tierney. Tierney himself is worth a 2nd round pick, he's definitely not a bad player, on a great contract, can play in any middle-6 role.

Sens take a shot at a former highly touted prospect whose career is up in the air. It's highly doubtful that Patrick would be worth a 1st, even a late one at this point, so the trade proposal of Patrick for Brown and Tierney/2nd round pick makes sense for both organizations.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
With Logan Brown not even being on the taxi squad, you have to imagine it's most likely the scenario he gets traded very soon - which is unfortunate as everyone would agree he's mostly in this position because of being poorly managed by the Sens organization. The Sens having guys like Anisimov, Paquette, Galchenyuk and even Haley, Chlapik, Peca ahead of him just screams mismanagement.

That being said, I'm also not sure what the Flyers are trying to do with Nolan Patrick. I'm sure they still like him, but again, he wasn't drafted by Chuck Fletcher, and there's no clue if he will ever return to form. I understand he's a 2nd OA pick, but after 3 years, the first two being a bit underwhelming and then the 3rd, him not even playing a single game, you have to wonder if now might not be the best time to bank on the player before he's worth just as much as Yakupov (who was traded after this 4th year in the league for... not much).

What I suggest:

To OTT:
Nolan Patrick

To PHI:
Logan Brown
OTT 6th round draft pick

Logan Brown, who still has great upside, gets his opportunity playing in a different system, a fresh start with great linemates, and if it doesn't pan out, Flyers also get Chris Tierney. Tierney himself is worth a 2nd round pick, he's definitely not a bad player, on a great contract, can play in any middle-6 role.

Sens take a shot at a former highly touted prospect whose career is up in the air. It's highly doubtful that Patrick would be worth a 1st, even a late one at this point, so the trade proposal of Patrick for Brown and Tierney/2nd round pick makes sense for both organizations.

Veto.

Patrick looked pretty good his 2nd season and we all believed he was poised to "make the jump" the following year. In our eyes, he hasn't underachieved from an on-ice perspective...he's got migraines and that can't really be helped.

I'd rather ride it out with Patrick than take on a lesser prospect who is less developed & some meager draft picks (which we don't need).

If you can't crack this Ottawa lineup, then how encouraged can someone be about him? (bad management or not)

Last edited:

Ygg

Feb 2, 2017
Any counter proposals?
I was hesitant to actually throw in Erik Brannstrom since the Sens have a logjam on the left side with Sanderson, Chabot, Wolanin and yet want to have Brann play on the left side even though he said he prefers playing on the right. Any interest?

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Any counter proposals?
I was hesitant to actually throw in Erik Brannstrom since the Sens have a logjam on the left side with Sanderson, Chabot, Wolanin and yet want to have Brann play on the left side even though he said he prefers playing on the right. Any interest?

I'll give you a 2nd for Brown

Ygg

Feb 2, 2017
I'll give you a 2nd for Brown
Sens would likely take it although I personally would prefer a trade for a body, something that fills somewhat of a need. I think it's time for the Sens to make trades for players rather than just always obtain picks

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
"...It's highly doubtful that Patrick would be worth a 1st,..."

no reason to trade a very recent top 5 pick for much less, though, yet

Reactions: Big McLargehuge

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
Sens would likely take it although I personally would prefer a trade for a body, something that fills somewhat of a need. I think it's time for the Sens to make trades for players rather than just always obtain picks
I think the Sens are willing to be patient with Brown and see how this year goes then trade him for a 2nd right now.

Reactions: Neiler

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Any counter proposals?

Brannstrom for Patrick. That’s a far more interesting base for a trade. Maybe even one for one.

Reactions: Flyer lurker

Blaine8797

Nov 26, 2018

What I suggest:

To OTT:
Nolan Patrick

To PHI:
Logan Brown
OTT 6th round draft pick

Absolutely no interest from the flyers, Patrick has been the most standout person in training camp and pitted a goal in the first scrimmage and played very well, absolutely 0 interest in moving him

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019

What I suggest:

To OTT:
Nolan Patrick

To PHI:
Logan Brown
OTT 6th round draft pick

The Flyers don't need more depth players back in a trade.
When it come to center the Flyers are set long term with.
Couts
Hayes
Patrick
Frost.

Patrick has had a great camp and so far has show no fear going into high risk areas. Only 2 realistic moves for Flyers a) They go star hunting and trade youth (i.e. frost plus) for a goal scorer. b) Come deadline Flyers trade for a rental rhd.

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
The guy is finally set to come back after missing an entire season, worrying that his hockey career might be over, working hard just for a chance to come back and you think they immediately trade his ass?

I get that hockey is a business but geeze, there is a human element here. Let him at least play a few games first.

Odie Cleghorn

Jun 8, 2020
The Flyers don't need more depth players back in a trade.
When it come to center the Flyers are set long term with.
Couts
Hayes
Patrick
Frost.

Patrick has had a great camp and so far has show no fear going into high risk areas. Only 2 realistic moves for Flyers a) They go star hunting and trade youth (i.e. frost plus) for a goal scorer. b) Come deadline Flyers trade for a rental rhd.
Why would you trade Frost for a goal scorer. He IS a goal scorer. Patrick could be one concussion from retirement but there is no point moving him for Brown who is one hit away form his next injury. If the Flyers thought highly of Brannstrom that is a possibility.

Odie Cleghorn

Jun 8, 2020
The guy is finally set to come back after missing an entire season, worrying that his hockey career might be over, working hard just for a chance to come back and you think they immediately trade his ass?

I get that hockey is a business but geeze, there is a human element here. Let him at least play a few games first.
Who cares?? If they get an offer for more than they think he is worth they should do it. He's going to play for whatever team he goes to anyway.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Why would you trade Frost for a goal scorer. He IS a goal scorer. Patrick could be one concussion from retirement but there is no point moving him for Brown who is one hit away form his next injury. If the Flyers thought highly of Brannstrom that is a possibility.
Don't want to go too far down a rabbit trail here. The OTT fan offer was a quantity f's for potential quality f offer and that just makes zero sense for flyers to do. Flyers are at least 14f deep and don't need more f's. By goal scorer I mean Laine or Johnny Hockey and you can bet the house York or Frost will have to be in the trade to happen. JVR, 1 and Ghost isn't getting a 30g under 26 player. And if you lean toward staying put well so do I.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad