Proposal: Nolan Patrick to Ottawa

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
With Logan Brown not even being on the taxi squad, you have to imagine it's most likely the scenario he gets traded very soon - which is unfortunate as everyone would agree he's mostly in this position because of being poorly managed by the Sens organization. The Sens having guys like Anisimov, Paquette, Galchenyuk and even Haley, Chlapik, Peca ahead of him just screams mismanagement.

That being said, I'm also not sure what the Flyers are trying to do with Nolan Patrick. I'm sure they still like him, but again, he wasn't drafted by Chuck Fletcher, and there's no clue if he will ever return to form. I understand he's a 2nd OA pick, but after 3 years, the first two being a bit underwhelming and then the 3rd, him not even playing a single game, you have to wonder if now might not be the best time to bank on the player before he's worth just as much as Yakupov (who was traded after this 4th year in the league for... not much).

What I suggest:

To OTT:
Nolan Patrick

To PHI:
Logan Brown
Chris Tierney/OTT or SJS 2nd round draft pick, whichever happens the latest
OTT 6th round draft pick

Logan Brown, who still has great upside, gets his opportunity playing in a different system, a fresh start with great linemates, and if it doesn't pan out, Flyers also get Chris Tierney. Tierney himself is worth a 2nd round pick, he's definitely not a bad player, on a great contract, can play in any middle-6 role.

Sens take a shot at a former highly touted prospect whose career is up in the air. It's highly doubtful that Patrick would be worth a 1st, even a late one at this point, so the trade proposal of Patrick for Brown and Tierney/2nd round pick makes sense for both organizations.

Why? He'll likely never play again

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
If Logan Brown can't crack the Senators, I don't see why any team would give much value for him. Ottawa is one of the best scouting and development teams in the league and if they don't believe a player is worth a shot, there is no way in hell i'm paying an asset for that player.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
If Logan Brown can't crack the Senators, I don't see why any team would give much value for him. Ottawa is one of the best scouting and development teams in the league and if they don't believe a player is worth a shot, there is no way in hell i'm paying an asset for that player.
I think Sens brass is making a mistake not playing this kid. I don't expect he will be traded this year.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Patrick is about to have a breakout season. It’s hardly thought of as trading him before his value tanks. He finally is starting to gain value.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
I think Sens brass is making a mistake not playing this kid. I don't expect he will be traded this year.

Then by using that logic, he isn't worth much if he can't crack the lineup under this management.

I reduce my offer to a 3rd for Brown.

1dreamof1cup

Jan 9, 2016
They guy who got his head smacked by Morin and kept playing?
You seem to be clueless
You talking about the guy who hasn't playing in over 600 days because of migraines which he was battling too when he was younger? One bad hit and he is done.
You seem to be clueless

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
You talking about the guy who hasn't playing in over 600 days because of migraines which he was battling too when he was younger? One bad hit and he is done.
You seem to be clueless
Point is, that 1 hit you talk about has already happend, when Morin headhunted him vi (by misstanke I assume)

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC

In terms of prospects and development, the Sens have very few misses they let slip by. I can't think of a time where the Sens gave up on a prospect that actually developed into something.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Reminder, despite what Patrick has gone thru, he is still 5th in career points from that draft year. Nothing in the future is guaranteed. But at least we have Frost ready to go if he does miss games.

Reactions: Rebels57

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
You seem to be clueless

Patrick has a migraine issue, not a concussion issue. Patrick is no more likely to suffer a career ending blow to the head than any other player in the NHL. Patrick's issues are not trauma induced. What does getting hit have to do with them? It's you who looks clueless. You heard headaches, and assumed he has the same issue as someone who suffers from post-concussion syndrome.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad