Proposal: Nolan Patrick to Ottawa

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
As someone who lives with the exact same disorder as Patrick -- I feel fairly confident that my knowledge on the topic FAR exceeds yours. Weren't you not coming back?

Regarding the bolded, there really isnt. There are medications that you can take to help manage them, but they are mostly reactionary measures. Different people have different triggers, so its not like "you broke your foot, put it in a cast, come back in 6 weeks." kinda resolution. As for talking about the value? I dont know what you mean. Im on record in this thread that Patrick has minimal value currently. I was responding to a grossly incorrect post about Patrick being the only one who is one hit away from a career ending concussion.

I'm just finishing a literature search on preventive therapies for chronic and episodic migraines to write a manuscript on it for neurologists. The approved class of prophylactic agents in the US are called calcitonin gene-receptor protein inhibitors and there are others coming down the pipeline. So, yes, there is a growing ability to give preventive therapy.

Reactions: Starat327

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I'm just finishing a literature search on preventive therapies for chronic and episodic migraines to write a manuscript on it for neurologists. The approved class of prophylactic agents in the US are called calcitonin gene-receptor protein inhibitors and there are others coming down the pipeline. So, yes, there is a growing ability to give preventive therapy.

Yeah, were getting there and making progress. But it's one of those weird medical phenomenon that was completely unknown for a long period of time. We knew more about what lies beyond our galaxy than what we could do to prevent severe migraines.

Reactions: BernieParent

Lenerdosy

Feb 23, 2015
Man I remember wanting Logan Brown so bad when it was his draft year. I thought he would be at worst a 2nd line massive beast of a center. Man I was wrong.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Man I remember wanting Logan Brown so bad when it was his draft year. I thought he would be at worst a 2nd line massive beast of a center. Man I was wrong.

He's still very young and has gotten better every year. It's too early to write him off before he's even had a chance to play in the NHL.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
Does it bother you that I reply to people asking me questions?

tenor.gif

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
What argument did I start there, sport? May want to re-read the thread.

Sport? I bet you cook a mean burger on that grill with your white leather new balances on.

And maybe I don't want to re-read the thread. Lol

ted2019

History of Hockey
Oct 3, 2008
pittsgrove nj
The Flyers don't need more depth players back in a trade.
When it come to center the Flyers are set long term with.
Couts
Hayes
Patrick
Frost.

Patrick has had a great camp and so far has show no fear going into high risk areas. Only 2 realistic moves for Flyers a) They go star hunting and trade youth (i.e. frost plus) for a goal scorer. b) Come deadline Flyers trade for a rental rhd.

I think that the Flyers should use Frost to get another top 3 defenseman ( if possible). I see Frost on this Flyers team as it's constructed as a 4 line center that plays the PP. He won't be ahead of Couturier, Hayes or a HEALTHY Patrick. If you want to try and win now with Giroux/Voracek then this to me, should be the Flyers plan going forward.

Reactions: Flyer lurker

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
I think that the Flyers should use Frost to get another top 3 defenseman ( if possible). I see Frost on this Flyers team as it's constructed as a 4 line center that plays the PP. He won't be ahead of Couturier, Hayes or a HEALTHY Patrick. If you want to try and win now with Giroux/Voracek then this to me, should be the Flyers plan going forward.
If the Flyers use Frost for a legit rhd AFTER the ED you have to consider it.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
And tonight is why you keep Frost. Couturier missed the whole game with an injured shoulder and could be out a while.

Always keep your C depth, even if they have to play on the wing awhile.

As for Patrick, he looked good again tonight and picked up an assist.

2 games, 2 point, playing well, and with Couturier hurt, is needed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad