Value of: Noah Juulsen

Aug 25, 2009
éal
I know Winnipeg is looking for a RHD like him. They have some LHD at similar value: Logan Stanley, Sami Niku... I wonder if a deal could be made. Habs need a LHD and have a logjam on the right side.

xFRaNK

Jun 16, 2018
He was showing so many good things before eating 2 pucks to the face this season, legitimate top 4 reliable D, that keeps it simple, skate well and dont make turnovers.
If he totaly did recovered i value him for a similar top 4 ceiling 20-25 Y/O LHD would be the ask. Or a 2nd+ 3rd or B prospect.
I also could see him in a package deal for a top 6 winger or a top pair LHD

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Juulsen is a bit of a question mark at this point. His year was ruined because of injuries but before that he looked like a lock to be an NHLer and that's why I don't think he's on the trade block, we want to see how he looks now that he seems to be recovered. There's probably not a ton of offense in him but he plays a smart, physical, reliable game which has its place in the league. If all is fine he'll probably be our 3rd pairing RD on opening night.

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
I know Winnipeg is looking for a RHD like him. They have some LHD at similar value: Logan Stanley, Sami Niku... I wonder if a deal could be made. Habs need a LHD and have a logjam on the right side.
Both of the Jet players would hold more value than Juulsen. Until Juulsen can come back and show he can play after his injury, I would not give up anything of value for him.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
As others have said his value is up in the air until we see that he isn't impacted by the eye injury. Until then I don't think the Habs would consider trading him since it would be too risky unless of course it's an overpay but then why would a team overpay on someone that they aren't sure he'll be 100% back to what he was.

I think he's more of a bottom pairing D, someone that can be a real good #5 that plays the PK, is strong in his own end, doesn't put up a lot of points but with his big shot and decent passing he should be able to have some good years production wise. Someone that can fill in on the 2nd pairing but maybe isn't a fit there long term at least on a playoff level team.

Needs to improve his mobility, skating, speed a bit.

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
Canucks offer Juolevi for Juulsen.
As a Montreal fan I’d rather hang onto Juulsen. Juolevi has had major injuries (back and knee) since being drafted and is still rehabbing from December’s knee surgery. Juulsen suffered a facial injury but has been given a clean bill of health

Reactions: Wings4Life

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I want to hear what other people think Juulsen value is at 22 years old. What is he now and what is his ceiling.

Not considering teams with other needs -- cap mgmt, etc -- as to value emphasizing production, I don't see a lot coughed up front due to the injuries. Pucks to the face, not like a broken bone, eye issues, depth perception, not good. May take a long while to get back, if he can at all.

Am pulling for the kid.

It is unfortunate but unless there is an additional external consideration [throw in on a big deal, cap balance other/x factor], no team should offer anything other than a very late pick PLUS a conditional pick, That added selection rises in value IF Juulsen meets x, y, z targets.

No reason for acquiring club to take risk he is not healthy.
Only way to get a deal done with that is with conditional add.

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
An eye injury is something that can easily be evaluated by a doctor. No reason for the habs to consider trading this guy if they think he's ok.

Steeler23

Aug 10, 2004
An eye injury is something that can easily be evaluated by a doctor. No reason for the habs to consider trading this guy if they think he's ok.

If we can replace him with a LHD of his age/potential (or a young second line RW), it can be worth it. We have Weber/Petry for right now and Brook/Fleury in the near future (2-3 years).

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
If we can replace him with a LHD of his age/potential (or a young second line RW), it can be worth it. We have Weber/Petry for right now and Brook/Fleury in the near future (2-3 years).
Yes, I agree. But it seems like people on hf won't give him much value because of his injury although in real life, I feel like it's an injury you can easily evaluate.

Steeler23

Aug 10, 2004
Yes, I agree. But it seems like people on hf won't give him much value because of his injury although in real life, I feel like it's an injury you can easily evaluate.

Yeah, if he's traded right now, it's because an organization made sure he's 100% (which is probably easy, they have doctor paperwork to prove it). So if he's traded, it is at max value (injury wise). The only thing that can hurt his value is the number of NHL games.

If Winnipeg are interested for real, I would love to add something to Juulsen to get Niku or Roslovic.

Reactions: jfhabs

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
Yeah, if he's traded right now, it's because an organization made sure he's 100% (which is probably easy, they have doctor paperwork to prove it). So if he's traded, it is at max value (injury wise). The only thing that can hurt his value is the number of NHL games.

If Winnipeg are interested for real, I would love to add something to Juulsen to get Niku or Roslovic.
Winnipeg has no interest in Juulsen.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016

But why? Juulsen is better than Niku at full health.
And no need of Roslovic. He wont even crack our top 9.

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
But why? Juulsen is better than Niku at full health.
And no need of Roslovic. He wont even crack our top 9.
Juulsen>Niku?
Anything's possible, I guess, but what's your reasoning?
Niku was AHL Defenseman of the year in his rookie season, putting up 54pts in 76 games.
Roslovic definitely plays in Montreal's top 9. He may play 2C for the Jets this year.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Juulsen is a risky trade. He hasn't proven much other then speculation of a second pairing potential.

On the other hand, he may be more then that. He has the size and skating to have a higher offensive potential. The problem will be is that he has two defenseman in front of him who are getting older but he's unlikely to surpass.

The question in any trade would be....is there a for for a right-left swap with another team. Someone of the same age and "potential".

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Juulsen>Niku?
Anything's possible, I guess, but what's your reasoning?
Niku was AHL Defenseman of the year in his rookie season, putting up 54pts in 76 games.
Roslovic definitely plays in Montreal's top 9. He may play 2C for the Jets this year.
Where does Roslovic play??
1rst line C = Domi
2nd C = Danault
3rd C = Kotkaniemi
All of them are better than roslovic. Hell even Poehling might beat him out eventually.

As for Niku. He's been fantastic development wise. But he sorta regressed last year. But essentially for me he doesnt stand out in any single aspect of the game. Juulsen on the other hand is rock solid defensively, moves well and plays a strong transitional game. For me it boils down to the need of a beast defensively. Other than our aging Weber, we've got none. Juulsen, at full health, is exactly what we need.
Unless Niku breaks out offensively I would not regret holding on to him.

Steeler23

Aug 10, 2004
Where does Roslovic play??
1rst line C = Domi
2nd C = Danault
3rd C = Kotkaniemi
All of them are better than roslovic. Hell even Poehling might beat him out eventually.

As for Niku. He's been fantastic development wise. But he sorta regressed last year. But essentially for me he doesnt stand out in any single aspect of the game. Juulsen on the other hand is rock solid defensively, moves well and plays a strong transitional game. For me it boils down to the need of a beast defensively. Other than our aging Weber, we've got none. Juulsen, at full health, is exactly what we need.
Unless Niku breaks out offensively I would not regret holding on to him.

For Roslovic, it was for a spot as a top-6 RW, because he isn't in front of any of the 3 C you just said, and we have Poehling and Suzuki for the future. The only reason we would need a new C, is a clear cut #1 to put Domi back at W. I think we need a top-6 RW, and it wouldn't hurt if he can play C too (in case of injuries). I always liked Roslovic, I think he could breakout ala Domi (maybe not 70 pts) somewhere else, with icetime. But if we go for a RW, we should probably go for a goal scorer, not a playmaker.

For Niku, I know Juulsen is a great D, I really love him and I think he will be a great #4 with #3 potential. Maybe I'm a bit high on Niku, but if the staff scout him and they think he's a good fit for playing with Weber, I wouldn't be mad. It's a risk, but because of the need, maybe it's worth the shot. But Winnipeg probably need him more than us, if they trade him, they have Kulikov and Beaulieu behind Morrissey (Idk the prospect pool, maybe someone is ready to play in the NHL).

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Both of the Jet players would hold more value than Juulsen. Until Juulsen can come back and show he can play after his injury, I would not give up anything of value for him.

He took pucks to the face, he's fully healed, he kept skating and working out while injured.

His injury was freak accidents. It doesn't effect his trade value.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad