Value of: Noah Juulsen

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
My only issues with your post is that Roslo works just fine on the wing, and saying Niku regressed suggests to me you looked at his point totals but not his ice time. We really didn't play him much when he was with the Jets, other than when our D was banged up. Maurice doesn't trust kids and chokes off their ice time accordingly.
In regards to his entry to the NHL that is. It wasnt nearly as smooth as I thought it would. His coach didnt trust him and played him little whereas Julien fully trusted Juulsen in all aspects of the game, especially as the top PKer (as Weber was injured) even getting some PP minutes here and there but barely.
Ill take the guy that is fully trusted to play all sides of the game playing on average 19 minutes over the guy that isnt trusted to play more than what 12 to 15 minutes???

As for Roslovic, he wont crack our top 9 in C and I dont see him in the W either. We have Drouin,Gally, Tatar, Suzuki, Lehkonen, Armia and Byron among others who will play in our top 9. Where's the need for Roslo?

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Really hard to gauge what his value is. It all depends from the eye injury recovery. If you base your analysis on the start of last year, you could argue that Juulsen is on track to become a solid defensive 2nd pairing D man, with good positioning and IQ for his young age but lacking the offensive contribution of a 1st pairing D man yet. I believe that in this context, MTL does not really have any incentive to trade him: if they do so for a low price and he succeeds elsewhere, Bergevin will get flamed.

Reactions: Vachon23

Gaud

May 11, 2017
I want to hear what other people think Juulsen value is at 22 years old. What is he now and what is his ceiling.

I always had the sense that he and Mete would complete each other well on a second pairing, but Mete has yet to score (supposed to be OD) and Juulsen has been out with an injury for a big part of last season. Because of those injuries, it is hard to evaluate his development; sources were even doubting wether they would influence the rest of his career.

Too bad that he hasnt been around to definitely prove he can pull off 2nd pairing duties; Petry's value was as high as it can get last season.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
He was really solide before his injury so know I don’t think it’s the best time to trade Juulsen. But with Brook/Fleury, If I can receive the same type of gamble that Juulsen is but with a LD or a Power foward then I would listen.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Juulsen + Domi for Laine ?

source.gif

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
No interest in moving Niku for Juulsen, but Stanley I’d be willing to consider. Probably have to add a pick to even it out as Juulsen has more value, imho.
Something like Stanley+5th for Juulsen

Steeler23

Aug 10, 2004
From Colorado
Rosen+Greer For Juulsen and 4th 2020

No interest in Greer, even less with the bar situation. We got rid of these kind of players for a reason.

For Rosen, Idk if he's that much of an upgrade on Mete-Kulak-Chiarot- Olofsson to give up Juulsen. If he's cheaper, I would give it a shot, but not for Juulsen.

Brett44

Feb 11, 2017
No interest in Greer, even less with the bar situation. We got rid of these kind of players for a reason.

For Rosen, Idk if he's that much of an upgrade on Mete-Kulak-Chiarot- Olofsson to give up Juulsen. If he's cheaper, I would give it a shot, but not for Juulsen.

Rosen had 46pts in 54 games ahl
Greer bad 44pts in 56 games ahl

Juulsen 5pts in 21 games Nhl 17-18
6 pts in 31 games ahl 2017-2018

Greer will be a good 4th liner for Habs
and Rosen si il ne a bit upgrade To Mete.
Mtl have too much RHD and Avs too much LHD. Mtl need LHD (Young, cheap and offensive)
AVS need RHD
Perfect fit

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015

Mtl have too much RHD and Avs too much LHD. Mtl need LHD (Young, cheap and offensive)
AVS need RHD
Perfect fit
Habs need a good LHD, they have more than enough bottom pairing LHD. They actually need a bottom pairing RHD which will likely be Juulsen.

Reactions: Steeler23

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016

AVS need RHD
Perfect fit
An upgrade? Lol no

Reactions: Steeler23

Steeler23

Aug 10, 2004

AVS need RHD
Perfect fit

Juulsen proved he can play in the NHL. You want to prove a point by talking about his point production when he is a defensive D. Talk about hit, shot blocked, etc. You'll see he's worth more than a 25 yo who hasn't prove anything in the NHL yet.

As for Greer, no need for another 4th liner, we already have too much of them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad