Value of: Noah Juulsen

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I'd rather hold onto Juulsen because we need a bottom pairing RHD. It makes no sense to trade him for a bottom pairing LHD when we have a bunch of players suited to play there.

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
He took pucks to the face, he's fully healed, he kept skating and working out while injured.

His injury was freak accidents. It doesn't effect his trade value.
That's cool, but it certainly affects his trade value when you are expecting to get better players than him in return. I'd say either keep Juulsen or trade him somewhere else, the Jets won't give up either Niku or Roslovic for Juulsen.

Steeler23

Aug 10, 2004
That's cool, but it certainly affects his trade value when you are expecting to get better players than him in return. I'd say either keep Juulsen or trade him somewhere else, the Jets won't give up either Niku or Roslovic for Juulsen.

*you won't

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
For Roslovic, it was for a spot as a top-6 RW, because he isn't in front of any of the 3 C you just said, and we have Poehling and Suzuki for the future. The only reason we would need a new C, is a clear cut #1 to put Domi back at W. I think we need a top-6 RW, and it wouldn't hurt if he can play C too (in case of injuries). I always liked Roslovic, I think he could breakout ala Domi (maybe not 70 pts) somewhere else, with icetime. But if we go for a RW, we should probably go for a goal scorer, not a playmaker.

For Niku, I know Juulsen is a great D, I really love him and I think he will be a great #4 with #3 potential. Maybe I'm a bit high on Niku, but if the staff scout him and they think he's a good fit for playing with Weber, I wouldn't be mad. It's a risk, but because of the need, maybe it's worth the shot. But Winnipeg probably need him more than us, if they trade him, they have Kulikov and Beaulieu behind Morrissey (Idk the prospect pool, maybe someone is ready to play in the NHL).
yes we need LDs but Niku certainly isnt the solution imo. He aint better than Mete and, for now, Kulak.

Reactions: Vachon23

Steeler23

Aug 10, 2004
What incentive does Winnipeg have to give up the better player to get a broken one?

You think Logan Stanley have more value than Juulsen. You clearly don't want him, even if the value was fair (and you obviously don't know Juulsen either)

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
You think Logan Stanley have more value than Juulsen. You clearly don't want him, even if the value was fair (and you obviously don't know Juulsen either)
I think that's what all the Jets fans have been saying. We have zero interest in Juulsen. Please feel free to trade him elsewhere.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Yes, but just asking what people thought Juulsen's value was. He didn't imply at all that the Jets were interested in him. It's just summer time and people are looking for things to talk about.

You gotta be pretty bored to ask the value on a player you have no interest in whatsoever.

Reactions: Steeler23

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
I think that's what all the Jets fans have been saying. We have zero interest in Juulsen. Please feel free to trade him elsewhere.

I'm just curious why don't you like Juulsen? Injuries? Positional thing?

It's perfectly fair to not like him I just wonder why, he seems a pretty well balanced player and I've watched him quite a bit.

Steeler23

Aug 10, 2004
To answer the OP, Juulsen is worth more to the Habs in term of value and what he bring to the team I guess.

He started the season on the second pair (he got a lot of minutes because of Weber injury/rehab) and showed no sign of being out of place. He have a lot of blocked shot (39) and hit (60) in just 21 games, but the facial injury ended his season. He showed he can be an excellent defensive D, and he isn't bad with the puck. Right now, for us, he will be on the 3rd pair (behind Weber-Petry) and will be able to replace on the second pair if needed. He will learn from Weber too, so that's a nice +.

We have no reason to trade him, except if we can fill a bigger need (Top 6 RW and a LHD partner for Weber on the 1st pair). IMO, he isn't underperforming, he was just unlucky with the injury.

If MTL trade him right now, it is as an all around, young D with Top-4 potential. With what he have shown in these 21 games, we have absolutely no reason to sell low on him. Fans think his value is low because of the injury, but the team said he's 100% now (so I'll believe them over fans speculations). If a GM trade for him, it is because they have proof he's okay, so no need to worry (in the sense that if he isn't 100%, nobody will trade for him anyway, so no need to talk about that possible future).

Reactions: Eagle Peninsula

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
I'm just curious why don't you like Juulsen? Injuries? Positional thing?

It's perfectly fair to not like him I just wonder why, he seems a pretty well balanced player and I've watched him quite a bit.
For me it is injuries. I'm not gambling on him being fully healed and 100% back to normal.

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
For Roslovic, it was for a spot as a top-6 RW, because he isn't in front of any of the 3 C you just said, and we have Poehling and Suzuki for the future. The only reason we would need a new C, is a clear cut #1 to put Domi back at W. I think we need a top-6 RW, and it wouldn't hurt if he can play C too (in case of injuries). I always liked Roslovic, I think he could breakout ala Domi (maybe not 70 pts) somewhere else, with icetime. But if we go for a RW, we should probably go for a goal scorer, not a playmaker.

For Niku, I know Juulsen is a great D, I really love him and I think he will be a great #4 with #3 potential. Maybe I'm a bit high on Niku, but if the staff scout him and they think he's a good fit for playing with Weber, I wouldn't be mad. It's a risk, but because of the need, maybe it's worth the shot. But Winnipeg probably need him more than us, if they trade him, they have Kulikov and Beaulieu behind Morrissey (Idk the prospect pool, maybe someone is ready to play in the NHL).
Niku, while left-handed, prefers to play on the right. Hard to predict whether or not Maurice plays him on that side, though.

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
Where does Roslovic play??
1rst line C = Domi
2nd C = Danault
3rd C = Kotkaniemi
All of them are better than roslovic. Hell even Poehling might beat him out eventually.

As for Niku. He's been fantastic development wise. But he sorta regressed last year. But essentially for me he doesnt stand out in any single aspect of the game. Juulsen on the other hand is rock solid defensively, moves well and plays a strong transitional game. For me it boils down to the need of a beast defensively. Other than our aging Weber, we've got none. Juulsen, at full health, is exactly what we need.
Unless Niku breaks out offensively I would not regret holding on to him.
My only issues with your post is that Roslo works just fine on the wing, and saying Niku regressed suggests to me you looked at his point totals but not his ice time. We really didn't play him much when he was with the Jets, other than when our D was banged up. Maurice doesn't trust kids and chokes off their ice time accordingly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad