Prospect Info: Noah Juulsen Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
I'm a bit disappointed, hate it when Habs lose D prospects ... Juulsen is a very very good kid, if his confidence rises, a shortened schedule is exactly what he might need.

Agree with several here that several believe he has a higher upside than Mete ... but then again ... what do I know ...
Thats whats im scared of. Big body dman can skate. I watched him yesterday. Really good first pass. He did some rush. I dont get the hype around mete over juulsen. The only fact mete is better thats he played more games, thats it

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Ok then. Explain me why juulsen been claim by panthers? Management. 6 feet 2. Big body dman can skate. 23 years old. Low value right now cause he was hurt. If i would by GM. I would keep juulsen over mete. Mete has nos value. Your argument that he played hockey last year mean nothing. What a GM want between his hands his « value ». A 27 years old borderline ahl/nhl dman has no value. Even if he played game lat year
Shane Churla and Rick Dudley.

Reactions: Gains

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Just accept the management part of things. Juulsen is maybe a next beauchemin.
Oh I never argued against his potential...I liked Juulsen.

If I had it my way, I'd have waived Mete rather then Juulsen.

What I argued was that I would be shocked (and I am) that an NHL team would claim him, not because he's no good...but because he hasn't played.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013

What I argued was that I would be shocked (and I am) that an NHL team would claim him, not because he's no good...but because he hasn't played.
Yeah. I think the fact he played not too much, for montreal is a risk cause they already have a good dcorp. But for an another team, this is a low risk high reward type of claim. Back in the days. We were struggling about who would be able to play on the bottom pairing between rielly, folin, kulak etc. I could assure you if a juulsen been waive. We would take him anyday

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004

I really don't get the assessment of Mete... At this stage he's both more proven and has higher upside than Juulsen imo.

Regardless, both should still be part of the organization. Signing the uneeded and expensive Edmundson and losing Juulsen was a terrible decision.

I won't be surprised in the least if Juulsen is a significantly better NHL player than Edmundson over the next 2-4 years (duration of Edmundson's contract).

Jul 6, 2016
Mete has no business in the NHL, and Kulak is right behind him. They better find some D

Fleury has still some learning to do at AHL level this year. He is still an unknown value.

Reactions: Habs

Jul 6, 2016
I really don't get the assessment of Mete... At this stage he's both more proven and has higher upside than Juulsen imo.

Regardless, both should still be part of the organization. Signing the uneeded and expensive Edmundson and losing Juulsen was a terrible decision.

I won't be surprised in the least if Juulsen is a significantly better NHL player than Edmundson over the next 2-4 years (duration of Edmundson's contract).

Signing Edmundson was ok. Him or Chiarot could be lost at next draft. Keeping Mete over Juulsen was a mistake.

Last edited:

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Not sure how they money to do that, but I guess they’ll have what was it, 4000 person capacity? So basically the same crowd they had pre-pandemic.

Don't know. There owner is only the 4th richest among NHL owners

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Mete is not NHL calibre, and Kulak depth at this point, nothing more. How on earth they let Juulsen go on waivers, and not Mete , is beyond me. Juulsen has upside, Mete doesn't

171 NHL games at 22 says your assessment is flat out wrong.

I am very high on Juulsen, probably higher than most, but I'd still bet on Mete having the higher overall upside.

They let Juulsen go because the GM made a terribly foolish move in trading for & signing Edmundson to a bloated contract...
We should be sitting with Juulsen, a 3rd & 3.5M in extra cap space to leverage right now.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Signing Edmundson was ok. Him or Chiarot could be lost at next draft. Keeping Mete over Juulsen was a mistake.

Disagree. The signing cost us the pick, the leverage to be a buyer in a buyer's market, and Juulsen.

Mete is an asset worth keeping, just as Juulsen was.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
171 NHL games at 22 says your assessment is flat out wrong.

I am very high on Juulsen, probably higher than most, but I'd still bet on Mete having the higher overall upside.

They let Juulsen go because the GM made a terribly foolish move in trading for & signing Edmundson to a bloated contract...
We should be sitting with Juulsen, a 3rd & 3.5M in extra cap space to leverage right now.

Small Dmen that are offensively challenged are not of value in the NHL, you are better off with a bigger guy that can clear the front of the net. Mete has zero impact out there, his only play is to try and move the puck without getting hurt. He has the most inaccurate shot I have ever seen, and never hits the net.

Reactions: Runner77 and Hins77

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Small Dmen that are offensively challenged are not of value in the NHL, you are better off with a bigger guy that can clear the front of the net. Mete has zero impact out there, his only play is to try and move the puck without getting hurt. He has the most inaccurate shot I have ever seen, and never hits the net.

Good thing he isn't offensively challenged by any reasonable interpretation of the term...

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Totally agree. Lol. I would say even offensive dman doesnt have a big value on the trade market, when the guy is a garbage defensively, in his own zone. Keith Yandle is actually on the trade market, according to rumours and i can know why. Yeah the guy is good on PP, but the principal role for a D, its play at D. Clear the net, break the play, play phisycall. Im sure you would ask to every GM if they prefer a big dman stay at home, who play well on his side and coreect in offensive zone or an offensive dman good in the o-zone and a garbage in his zone. They will take the big dman better in his own zone. Huberdeau, in florida, talked about how they had difficulty to keep the score because they were bad defensively (yandle/matheson). They were trying to win 6/5. Instead of keep trying the score 3-2

Reactions: Habs

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Juulsen's gone...

Yep I overviewed the fact that Dudley and Churla (the guy who drafted him) where now in Florida my bad ! But Florida where then only team who put a claim on him. I wouldn’t be surprised if Noah return though if Florida can’t play him

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
Juulsen is 24. He needs an opportunity to play. For his sake that is.
He was bypassed in depth charts by Fleury/Romanov and Mete.
Juulsen should have established himself 2017-2019 but injuries prevented him.
Let him go so he can have a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad