Prospect Info: Noah Juulsen Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
It would be amazing if Noah could overcome all his injuries and establish himself as an NHLer at this point, to be honest... He missed so much important development time...

I hope he can do it, it would give us even more depth.

Go Noah Go!

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
It would be amazing if Noah could overcome all his injuries and establish himself as an NHLer at this point, to be honest... He missed so much important development time...

I hope he can do it, it would give us even more depth.

Go Noah Go!

Hopefully he clears waivers and does this by being ready for a call up from Laval by the end of the year and then is successful in the NHL once called up.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
I was never a fan of this prospect. I thought he was a fringe NHLer at best before his injuries. A player of his skill just can’t afford to miss the time he has imo. I don’t think the future is too bright for Noah in the NHL. Hope to be wrong.

Last edited:

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
Pretty sure he will clear waivers... I'm still rooting for him. We could use a natural RD on the 3rd pair..

Frank JT

Feb 8, 2014
I don't think Juulsen will clear waiver if send down.
700,000$ on a last year contract, RFA.
Detroit, Ottawa, Winnipeg or another team will grag him, take a chance on a good 4rth-5th RHD, cheap and NHLready.

Let's not make the same mistake than DeLaRose...

Reactions: Hins77 and Carl182

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Why am I claiming a player who's barely played for 2 years due to injury troubles and the team with the most intimate knowledge of those injuries and his ability, is waiving him?

Especially one that wasn’t even notable in the AHL. No team is using a roster spot on that.

Reactions: 417

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
Why am I claiming a player who's barely played for 2 years due to injury troubles and the team with the most intimate knowledge of those injuries and his ability, is waiving him?

Yep. Also, most teams are strappped with the same problems and are trying to make hard choices to keep their players on their rosters. They can't add an unproven first rounder plagued with injuries

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003

Because the said player is a D. Still a very young D. Ex-1st rounder. And if the ONLY thing that stopped him from becoming a NHL'er are his bad luck injuries that MIGHT be behind him, there's nothing that suggest that he can't go back to what he should have become?

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Because the said player is a D. Still a very young D. Ex-1st rounder. And if the ONLY thing that stopped him from becoming a NHL'er are his bad luck injuries that MIGHT be behind him, there's nothing that suggest that he can't go back to what he should have become?

There is a ton of ex 1st rounder each year on the waivers and they don’t get claim

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
Why?

He needs to play, are you going to commit a spot in your top 6 for a player whose barely played hockey the last 3yrs?

That seems like quite a leap of faith to me.

A lot of worry about nothing imo.

I'd be shocked if he were claimed.

For the reasons I named before. Also, why top 6? Why not top 7 or top 8 and he sticks around? Also, the waiver wire seems to be friendly to D's with Forsling and Djoos being picked up. It's not because we are a complete team that everybody in the league is. Have you seen the Jets D's?

Morrissey-Poolman
Forbort-Pionk
Beaulieu-DeMelo.

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
There is a ton of ex 1st rounder each year on the waivers and they don’t get claim

Not saying he will. Just saying he'd be a fine project to work with. Not that long ago, didn't a lot of people here STILL thought that he's still was a fine project for us...but now that he's going through waivers, he's not anymore?

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
For the reasons I named before. Also, why top 6? Why not top 7 or top 8 and he sticks around? Also, the waiver wire seems to be friendly to D's with Forsling and Djoos being picked up. It's not because we are a complete team that everybody in the league is. Have you seen the Jets D's?

Morrissey-Poolman
Forbort-Pionk
Beaulieu-DeMelo.

Yeah that entire right side is much better than Juulsen.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Why?

He needs to play, are you going to commit a spot in your top 6 for a player whose barely played hockey the last 3yrs?

That seems like quite a leap of faith to me.

A lot of worry about nothing imo.

I'd be shocked if he were claimed.
It’s not every team who have depth in their d corp. alot of bad team doesnt have a decent top 4. They will certainly take a risk on a former first rounder 23 years old, like every team like, and if he is not that good. Put him back on waivers. If christian djoos been claim. Juulsen could it be too. I predict he will

Whitesnake

Jan 5, 2003
It's not about a team HAVING to make him top 6 right off the bat. But they still can keep him around and use that short season to get his hockey shape back for next season.

Again, not a huge deal. I did say that people were using his injuries to give Timmins some excuses for the ordinairy pick from the get go. But sucks that you can't keep a guy like that even when you have a taxi squad to work with.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
For the reasons I named before. Also, why top 6? Why not top 7 or top 8 and he sticks around?
Because he's barely played hockey the last 3yrs...any team that has plans for Noah Juulsen, and that includes the Habs, would want to see him play some games for a stretch AND stay healthy.

Are the Ottawa Senators going to waive Christian Jaros, one of their own picks who they've invested time in, just to have Noah Juulsen practice with them ?

I mean ..anything can happen, I just think it's very unlikely.

Also, the waiver wire seems to be friendly to D's with Forsling and Djoos being picked up. It's not because we are a complete team that everybody in the league is. Have you seen the Jets D's?

Morrissey-Poolman
Forbort-Pionk
Beaulieu-DeMelo.
Again...it's not impossible, it's just given his injuries, especially those types of injuries and his lack of pro experience.

I just think it's a stretch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad