Prospect Info: Noah Juulsen Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Nerve damage sucks I've had it in the cheek area due to blunt force trauma. The entire left side of my face would go numb exactly like getting a shot from the dentist and it would come and go at will. It lasted maybe 3 years and I did eventually learn how to relieve the pain and numbness using accupressure. It eventually faded on it's own. That in itself is in no way career threatening it but if it is endangering his vision or his vision is already impaired it's damnable.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
We've got some piss poor luck with these fluke career threatening issues to prospects...

Feel bad for him, hope he recovers and can resume his career

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
So did Bozon.

Hopefully, these rumours about Juulsen aren't true and the kid makes a comeback. Wishing him the best.
But Reway was a beast at all levels he played, U20s, and amongst Men, unlike Bozon who was never a good prospect

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Talk about injuries that ended careers, there was also Pierre Mondou: He was forced to retire in 1985 after he suffered an eye injury caused by Ulf Samuelsson.

Reactions: jaffy27

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
The Habs transparency policy, really seems to be not working so well these days...hard to get info. Let alone the truth.

Well... Why the f*** would they report that Juulsen's career is over when it's not, and when's the last time a team called a presser to say that an injury isn't of the career-ending variety?

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Well... Why the **** would they report that Juulsen's career is over when it's not, and when's the last time a team called a presser to say that an injury isn't of the career-ending variety?

Well, not confirming or denying isn't exactly a strong counter point.

"We have no time table for his return but we can confirm that the injury is not career threatening. Noah will be back on the ice as soon as he's fully recovered and it's safe for him to do so without exacerbating the injury."

Not flatly denying it's career threatening means that it's within the realm of possibility.

Reactions: Rapala

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Talk about injuries that ended careers, there was also Pierre Mondou: He was forced to retire in 1985 after he suffered an eye injury caused by Ulf Samuelsson.
I was at a game when a puck went up and into Mondou's face. I think that was the injury you're talking about, although I don't remember who shot it.

Reactions: Runner77

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005

"We have no time table for his return but we can confirm that the injury is not career threatening. Noah will be back on the ice as soon as he's fully recovered and it's safe for him to do so without exacerbating the injury."

Not flatly denying it's career threatening means that it's within the realm of possibility.

...Of course, but teams tend to not disclose that a non career-threatening injury is indeed non career-threatening. Put it another way, an injury is presumed to be non-threatning, unless specifically mentionned.

It WILL be mentionned when the injury in question is gruesome/scary or if the player is really, really important, which isn't the case here.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal

Or at least a general explanation of what's going on. "Noah's eyesight is still recovering" / "He's experiencing numbness" / "We can't make a prognosis until the spring". A simple honest update of what they know and don't know. The Habs can't sell loyalty on one hand and withhold all information with the other. Like any relationship, communication is key.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
...Of course, but teams tend to not disclose that a non career-threatening injury is indeed non career-threatening. Put it another way, an injury is presumed to be non-threatning, unless specifically mentionned.

It WILL be mentionned when the injury in question is gruesome/scary or if the player is really, really important, which isn't the case here.

I just don't like the optics of not immediately dismissing the career threatening portion as nonsense. I mean they responded to the statement by saying he didn't have a concussion.

Reactions: MXD

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal

It would be respectful to give their fan base something more than "Upper body injury". A young player's health is in jeopardy and we get a cliche -- I find that dismissive and arrogant.

Reactions: MXD

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Well... Why the **** would they report that Juulsen's career is over when it's not, and when's the last time a team called a presser to say that an injury isn't of the career-ending variety?
Easy easy.............we both know the Habs are awful with communication, period.

Have a snickers man, things are gonna be fine.

Reactions: FrankMTL

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I just don't like the optics of not immediately dismissing the career threatening portion as nonsense. I mean they responded to the statement by saying he didn't have a concussion.

It would be respectful to give their fan base something more than "Upper body injury". A young player's health is in jeopardy and we get a cliche -- I find that dismissive and arrogant.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with what you've both written.

I just don't think that it was relevant, AT THE TIME OF THE INJURY OR WHENEVER THEY HAD THE INFORMATION THAT IT WAS INDEED NON-THREATENING, to mention that the injury wasn't career-threatening (if it indeed isn't).

I also don't think the team should react to any information thrown by the numerous pundits around the team. I mean, Ron is Ron, so that's not so bad, but where do you draw the line? I don't want Bergevin or Molson or Julien or Donald Beauchamp calling pressers after, I don't know, Stanley25 posted something on his blog.

I mean... Darkest Day in Habs History, anyone?

Reactions: Acadien86
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad