Prospect Info: Noah Juulsen Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
There's absolutely nothing wrong with what you've both written.

I just don't think that it was relevant, AT THE TIME OF THE INJURY OR WHENEVER THEY HAD THE INFORMATION THAT IT WAS INDEED NON-THREATENING, to mention that the injury wasn't career-threatening (if it indeed isn't).

I also don't think the team should react to any information thrown by the numerous pundits around the team. I mean, Ron is Ron, so that's not so bad, but where do you draw the line? I don't want Bergevin or Molson or Julien or Donald Beauchamp calling pressers after, I don't know, Stanley25 posted something on his blog.
Since the Habs have refused to offer factual information, they've created a vacuum that's filled with third-hand rumours.

Habs may as well leave this on their homepage: "Your loyalty is important to us. Please stay online and a press release will be with you shortly."

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
Since the Habs have refused to offer factual information, they've created a vacuum that's filled with third-hand rumours.

Habs may as well leave this on their homepage: "Your loyalty is important to us. Please stay online and a press release will be with you shortly."

I've heard from the direction that Noah has an injury that requires rest. So i'm gonna be patient until he rest his injury and see what happens next. I don't need more information than that, why would I? Should we rush the doctors to give us the diagnostic? I don't get it, sorry.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I've heard from the direction that Noah has an injury that requires rest. So i'm gonna be patient until he rest his injury and see what happens next. I don't need more information than that, why would I? Should we rush the doctors to give us the diagnostic? I don't get it, sorry.
Money Mol$on got on his high moral ground last season, and promised they would do a better job of keeping the fans informed of things, like injuries etc and they failed once again to do this. There is zero reason to not give us some info regarding a player, there would be no competative advantage given to other teams at this point. Fans are fans...very easy to be curious as to why a very good young player for us, is not playing?
If they wont do this, then why get up on a perch, and tell the world one thing, and do the opposite? Not addressing it properly, just leads to foolishness in the media, which is where we are right now.

Roots73

TMLTP- ITS IN THE GAME!
May 10, 2004
Photo was leaked from the break... he's OK!
upload_2019-2-1_11-8-25.png

Reactions: McTusk

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Why haven't the fans heard that same information? Glad you got through to a source, but all we keep getting is, "Press 1 for 'Upper Body Injury'", followed by, "Your loyalty is important to us. Please stay online and a press release will be with you shortly."

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005

Again... I just think some things ARE presumed if not specified. Like, the non career-threatening nature of an injury.
Your post WAS funny though, and I know where the feeling comes from. I'm just not quite certain it applies here, because injuries are ASSUMED to be non career-threatening.

... And I don't think the organization should react to information coming from third parties, because, well, where the f*** do you actually draw the line? It DOES require better communication, and whether communication was appropriate or not is mostly assessed after the fact. If Juulsen's injury is indeed not career-threatening, the Habs are probably better NOT disclosing this, so as to stop feeding the beast.

In that case, I think there is no reason to disclose that Juulsen's injury is NOT career threatening, IF IT IS INDEED NOT, because... well, it wasn't THAT scary, so there's no reason to think it is.

The bold/caps is ... an important caveat.

Money Mol$on got on his high moral ground last season, and promised they would do a better job of keeping the fans informed of things, like injuries etc and they failed once again to do this. There is zero reason to not give us some info regarding a player, there would be no competative advantage given to other teams at this point. Fans are fans...very easy to be curious as to why a very good young player for us, is not playing?
If they wont do this, then why get up on a perch, and tell the world one thing, and do the opposite? Not addressing it properly, just leads to foolishness in the media, which is where we are right now.

Well, Juulsen is not playing because he is injured, the same way Weber was not playing at the beginning of the season because he was injured.

Reactions: Lshap

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I mean.... I'm assuming Jonathan Drouin is playing tomorrow. Because he's playing when healthy (AKA, he's not an healthy scratch). Of course, if he can't play for ... whatever reason, including an injury, I'm expecting someone from the org (likely Claude, maybe Bergevin in some cases) to disclose this.

I think the same rule applies for injuries. If it's not career-threatening, it's assumed not to be.

I'll actually be the first, or amongst the first, to throw rotten vegetables to Molson if it was INDEED career-threatening.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Again... I just think some things ARE presumed if not specified. Like, the non career-threatening nature of an injury.
Your post WAS funny though, and I know where the feeling comes from. I'm just not quite certain it applies here, because injuries are ASSUMED to be non career-threatening.

... And I don't think the organization should react to information coming from third parties, because, well, where the **** do you actually draw the line? It DOES require better communication, and whether communication was appropriate or not is mostly assessed after the fact. If Juulsen's injury is indeed not career-threatening, the Habs are probably better NOT disclosing this, so as to stop feeding the beast.

In that case, I think there is no reason to disclose that Juulsen's injury is NOT career threatening, IF IT IS INDEED NOT, because... well, it wasn't THAT scary, so there's no reason to think it is.

The bold/caps is ... an important caveat.

Well, Juulsen is not playing because he is injured, the same way Weber was not playing at the beginning of the season because he was injured.
Your post is important to us. Please stay online and a reply will be with you shortly.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
This video just in, as Lshap tries to get by the Habs front office staff for answers.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax

It honestly frustrates me that the Habs arent more open when it comes a player having a serious injury. The news will come out eventually, in the meantime all you get is false hope and rampant speculation which are both damaging for fans and players.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Well, not confirming or denying isn't exactly a strong counter point.

"We have no time table for his return but we can confirm that the injury is not career threatening. Noah will be back on the ice as soon as he's fully recovered and it's safe for him to do so without exacerbating the injury."

Not flatly denying it's career threatening means that it's within the realm of possibility.

Or they just aren't bright enough to understand it can easily be construed that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->