Prospect Info: Noah Juulsen Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
I've always like him as a player, he looks poised back there.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
A very impressive guy so far. Definitely a NHL Dman with the tools and toolbox to be a top4, maybe a top pairing player. Steady and mobile with great instincts.

Goodbahd

Dec 17, 2017
This kid will be the best shutdown D of his generation, he has all the qualities of a very smart and effective defender.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
He and Mete are real wildcards this year for this team. If they take the next step and play well then this team could improve remarkably.
While the early returns on Juulsen have been promising, Mete is the guy that flat out impressed me. What a steal in the 4th round.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
That would be a 3D which would be great.
yeah hopefully a steadier Petry. 30 pts could be a bit stretching it. It just depends on how much his offence can translate because he does have a decent shot and solid passing. I like that he's trying a bit more with the puck.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
yeah hopefully a steadier Petry. 30 pts could be a bit stretching it. It just depends on how much his offence can translate because he does have a decent shot and solid passing. I like that he's trying a bit more with the puck.

Yeah, and you know you have some guys that are really skilled and so you see an offensive game right off the bat because their offensive game can put them in the NHL.

There are other guys though who need to make the NHL by showing a good defensive game first and foremost. Of these , there are guys who will just never put up points and they top out as a no.4 D. There are other guys who onve they start establishing themselves on the D part of the game, start showing some offense as they get comfortable that they are doing the job defensively. Hopefully he will be such a guy. Not expecting big numbers, but a no.3 D is valuable, so that would be awesome if he could be that.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Had an amazing game last night. This guy is gonna be good. Reminds me of Emelin in that he hits everything except he actually know how to play defense

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Had an amazing game last night. This guy is gonna be good. Reminds me of Emelin in that he hits everything except he actually know how to play defense

I don't think he was that good, but I do give him marks for going back after Malkin CLEAN after he got hit in the corner.

Reactions: montreal

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
True, but what I didn't like were a couple of bad gaffes, and the fact that he doesn't have the foot speed to recover from a mistake.

He'll have better games.

I didn't think last night was his best showing either. He wasn't terrible by any means, but like you, I think he will have better games.

Reactions: schnapshot

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
What an odd time to write that? Personally he has his worst game as a Hab. He was getting burned left and right in the 1st period. It was a great learning experience and for sure he'll be better.

He's been solid for us, and by no means was he "bad" yesterday, I just thought that it was his less-stellar performance, that's all.

Playmaker09

Sep 11, 2008
Yeah, I'm not really on the same page as most of you.

While the turnovers last game were more of an anomaly as he's usually pretty safe with the puck, he's essentially a guarantee to get walked 1-2 times a game. And for someone who's offensive game is so vanilla he needs to be much better defensively to ever be a legit top 4 D. The Emelin comparison is funny because I also always had the same reservations about him as I do Juulsen, yet a lot of people tended to look past those concerns while significantly overvaluing his physical presence IMO.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I think a lot of it is just growing pains, he's been playing hard minutes against pros for the first time in his career. The fact that he does a decent job, with a lot of PK minutes on top, is impressive enough in my book. Him and Reilly are playing quite a lot, way more than I was expecting to be honest.

Reactions: Rapala

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Finally a late first round pick that appears to be a non bust

Funny how the Kid took a ton of unwarranted critique. He's always been a cut above. How much can he develop his O side is the question but he will be the rock that solidifies that right side with Weber when he gets back. There shouldn't be too many shifts left for others once we roll those two.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Funny how the Kid took a ton of unwarranted critique. He's always been a cut above. How much can he develop his O side is the question but he will be the rock that solidifies that right side with Weber when he gets back. There shouldn't be too many shifts left for others once we roll those two.
Brook will also be a stud down the road on RHD

Last edited:
Reactions: Deebs

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
What an odd time to write that? Personally he has his worst game as a Hab. He was getting burned left and right in the 1st period. It was a great learning experience and for sure he'll be better.

He's been solid for us, and by no means was he "bad" yesterday, I just thought that it was his less-stellar performance, that's all.
Look who he was up against. He was able to keep Malkin quiet almost all night.

Reactions: Mrb1p
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad