wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Last 3 seasons

Hanifin 120 points +46

Orlov 89 points +9

I can’t speak to usage for Orlov but Hanifin has some of the toughest minutes in the NHL. I’d also argue that Orlov has played with more talent. Hanifin is also 5 years younger. That’s a pretty huge gap. One guy is a 1/2 and one guy is a 3.

In the context of rentals the age doesn’t matter and while Hanifin’s ability to stay healthy certainly helps his counting stats, in the context of a 20 game rental, not sure how much Orlov’s tendency to miss 10-15 games matter. They both have been 0.5 PPG D that don’t need PP time but can play both special teams well.. Orlov has had more good playoff runs and has more ability to deliver the big hit which has playoff value. They are both #2s up until this season where Orlov has a really tough time adjusting to the Carolina system.

Obviously, Hanifin holds way more value long term. And I think Hanifin was a better player even last year. But it wasn’t way different.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
f*** it

You can have all of our draft picks for the next two seasons.

That's like four late round picks but it sounds nice.

• Haha
Reactions: FLAMESFAN

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
With them being outside a playoff spot trading first may not be the way to go. If he wants Tampa they’ll figure out over 7 years. Assuming Tampa wants him
Tkachuk is recruiting him so may be Florida

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
f*** it

You can have all of our draft picks for the next two seasons.

That's like four late round picks but it sounds nice.

U5lQckq.png

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I think he ends up going to the team that offers him a long-term deal.

I'd go after him if I was Florida. But I see him ending up in Boston or Vegas.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
This may be a controversial take to some north of the border here but its not exactly hard to convince someone to move from calgary to south florida. Not just athletes but just humans in general

Of course. I don’t think people doubt the natural appeal of Florida. Weather less media etc.

Hanafin has every right to not want to extend in Canada or anywhere else.

The tax advantage thing is completely separate for players just naturally wanting to go to Florida

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Of course. I don’t think people doubt the natural appeal of Florida. Weather less media etc.

Hanafin has every right to not want to extend in Canada or anywhere else.

The tax advantage thing is completely separate for players just naturally wanting to go to Florida

California, NY, Taxachusetts, don’t have trouble getting players. The tax thing is obviously real, but just one piece of a puzzle with a lot of pieces. If I was a player, I’d avoid Canada not because of weather and taxes but the fishbowl. (Although I bet my wife would have comments about the weather!)

Reactions: wetcoast

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
California, NY, Taxachusetts, don’t have trouble getting players. The tax thing is obviously real, but just one piece of a puzzle with a lot of pieces. If I was a player, I’d avoid Canada not because of weather and taxes but the fishbowl. (Although I bet my wife would have comments about the weather!)

Toronto doesn’t have a hard time getting or retaining players either.

The tax advantage is about players signing for less AAV and the same take home. Different issues that get conflated

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Apparently not. The two teams who he has interest in signing with are Tampa and Florida.
Kypreos was reporting yesterday that BOS is very much in the running and that Flames are working on an extension for Hanifin.

Fact or fiction, I do not know.

The only thing I do know is to take anything Seravalli says with a large dollop of salt.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Kypreos was reporting yesterday that BOS is very much in the running and that Flames are working on an extension for Hanifin.

Fact or fiction, I do not know.

The only thing I do know is to take anything Seravalli says with a large dollop of salt.
I think all those guys get used by GMs now. Seravalli did have Monahan going for a 1st which I thought was BS...

lawrence

May 19, 2012
It be funny if it’s 8 teams that have no cap room for hanifan. Like the 8 teams with the least cap space.

Reactions: JKG33
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad