Value of: Noah Hanifin for a 2nd line RHS RW

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Is Hanifin even struggling? He’s looked fine to me this season, not sure why the Flames would be looking to move him.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
They aren't, some fans just have really weak mental's and need a scapegoat after every loss

Every fan base needs whipping boys but I’m just not seeing why Hanifin would be it, he’s played well this season I’ve thought.

Don’t get me wrong, I’d be all for the Flames selling low on Hanifin though lol

Ledge And Dairy

Every fan base needs whipping boys but I’m just not seeing why Hanifin would be it, he’s played well this season I’ve thought.

Don’t get me wrong, I’d be all for the Flames selling low on Hanifin though lol
I don't get it either, someone tried to say its his production being low while getting PP2 time but like PP2 has literally only gotten 2 points and he assisted in 1 of them so idk. Some fans just think its still 2019 when Hanifin was still underperforming his contract and just pretend he didn't take massive strides last year or something

crazyfisherman

Sharangovich fanboy
Sep 22, 2012
People like to shit on hanifin because he shouldnt be on pp2 over kylington, which is stupid reason to be a whipping boy. Hes offensive game has stall but hes still the 2nd best defensive guy on this team and its not even close.you know theres an irrational hate on the guy from the reaction on the disallowed fox goal against NYR. Fox was allowed to cleanly walk in all the way from the blue line untouched, but it was hanifins fault because he had to watch the net front guys then challenge a guy with all the speed while hes flat footed. No one blames the center or the winger for literally moving away from fox.

cheechoo

˗ˋˏ ♡ ˎˊ˗ Tomas Hertl #48 ˗ˋˏ ♡ ˎˊ˗
Dec 13, 2018
suspended in gaffa
I'm actually fine with moving Hanifin.

One of the most vanilla defenders in the league. And that's okay, but I don't see him as having an irreplaceable skillset. I think his decision making with the puck is lacklustre sometimes but he's an above average defender that can skate.

A younger 2nd line winger or something sounds apt.

The issue though is I hate the Flames defensive depth. I guess we could toss Valimaki into the fire, who's more talented anyways but still figuring it out.

Guitpik

Jul 8, 2006
whats laughable is suggesting a player like Athanasiou is worth a young top pair D on a sweetheart contract for 3 more years

try Turcotte, Byfield, Clarke types to get the Flames to even consider the proposal
Now this is laughable. I don't see where the Kings have interest in Hanifan. If they're looking to trade for a top pairing defenseman, I believe they'll target a little higher than Noah.

Reactions: go4hockey

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
personally, i don't mind if the flames trade a 1st but if so i'd prefer a C like Hertl, Larkin or Strome depending on their availability near the deadline. we don't need more LHDs but it's painfully obvious we need both better finishers and playmakers up front.

Very fair and I respect that narrative.

Reactions: Dertell

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Still hilarious that Shero turned down Hanifin and Bennett for Hall and Vatanen. This league is full of clowns.

Anyway, Flames can't trade Hanifin for a forward right now. Maybe next year if Kylington continues to be awesome and Valimaki improves by a lot.

If that happens then, I dunno, Hanifin for Nylander

No way Toronto does that. Top line winger for a 2nd pairing LHD is a bad deal.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Hanifin is like our new Robyn Regehr with a little more offensive punch and less physicality. Losing him would gut us.

Reactions: NinjaTurtle

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Isles offer Bailey and Aho for Hanifan! If you need to fully balance the money we could take Tyler Pitlick back.

Pretty please!

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
Hanifin can and should return a top line winger due to his age, ability, position, and contract. The demand for #2/3 defensemen league wide in his age range is through the roof. Names like Boeser and Konecny are the types of players that would need to be discussed (not saying there is a fit with either of those teams).

Reactions: NinjaTurtle

NinjaTurtle

Feb 29, 2020
Windsor, Ont.
Your biggest issue with Hanifin is deployment. Take him off the PP and save his ice time for even strength and PK.

Let’s not gut our defence for a winger. Move Monahan for a winger (or centre upgrade) or move some futures for a winger. Heck, recall a prospect before we move Hanifin.

Ledge And Dairy

Your biggest issue with Hanifin is deployment. Take him off the PP and save his ice time for even strength and PK.

Let’s not gut our defence for a winger. Move Monahan for a winger (or centre upgrade) or move some futures for a winger. Heck, recall a prospect before we move Hanifin.
He hasn't even been bad on PP2, his xGF on the man advantage is 27th in the league. That's ahead of names like Josi, Klingberg, Pionk, Seider, Werenski, Doughty, McAvoy, Hedman, Hamilton, Ekblad, Krug, and many more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad