bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
UFA, stopgap and downgrading picks is not good value for Hanifin

fair enuf
but again
Strome is only ufa if that is end result
which can be addressed before hand

as to picks Rangers would have to add to get Vilardi/+ and idea was for Flames to chip in

either way,
we good

let's see what is best offer turning up....

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
You seem to be not high on Anderson cause you have him in several trades.

Not at all. I think he's a good player, but of very limited usefulness to a team in our situation and with an additional risk of his contact that we'd be ill advised to take.

Hanifin is a perfectly fine return, provided he doesn't bolt after two years when his contract expires.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Not at all. I think he's a good player, but of very limited usefulness to a team in our situation and with an additional risk of his contact that we'd be ill advised to take.

Hanifin is a perfectly fine return, provided he doesn't bolt after two years when his contract expires.

I'd offer Toffoli cause the terms are the same I believe. Anderson is a keeper and I would not be trading him for a LD with 3 years in term left then UFA. Anderson would be part of my rebuild cause big boys that have skating and shot power like that are hard to acquire. If I'm moving Anderson, it's for a younger piece we can't refuse.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
I'd offer Toffoli cause the terms are the same I believe. Anderson is a keeper and I would not be trading him for a LD with 3 years in term left then UFA. Anderson would be part of my rebuild cause big boys that have skating and shot power like that are hard to acquire. If I'm moving Anderson, it's for a younger piece we can't refuse.

There's a very good chance that once we're ready to compete, Anderson will no longer be a big boy who skates well.

Ledge And Dairy

This thread is troll af, Im pretty sure I saw a Habs fan make a counter proposal to another habs fan that had Calgary suddenly add a 1st to also get Chiarot. Lol.

If Calgary trades Hanifin their biggest need becomes a 1LD that can play tough minutes. Players like Toffoli can be added at the deadline for picks and prospects

Reactions: Larry Hanson

Ledge And Dairy

Are you people nuts?
Remove Hanifin and our top LH dman is Kylington, ridiculous.
I'd love to have Toffoli but he's the kind of player you trade picks or prospects for, not top 4 dmen.
Let's trade for a RW that decimates our blueline, Derp!!
Dont bother, the great OKG has already spoken and reminded us all that Kylington is Hjalmarsson 2.0

Reactions: Larry Hanson

Dertell

Jul 14, 2015
I'd consider that.

Another deal if you were willing to trade a future 1st with top 10 protection is both Toffoli and Chiarot for Hanifin and a 1st. Habs can add a 2021 3rd to help your up coming draft and take a 2023 1st if you wish.

I think both Toffoli and Chiarot make your team more battle ready for the playoffs. I'm sure others have noticed the physical game Chiarot has and he skates very well. Not going to get much offense from him but he's very solid in his own end and cause some trouble for other teams forwards in front of the net and along the walls. Toffoli helps the shot power and goal totals. Not going to drive offense by himself but you have centers for him to work with no doubt.
personally, i don't mind if the flames trade a 1st but if so i'd prefer a C like Hertl, Larkin or Strome depending on their availability near the deadline. we don't need more LHDs but it's painfully obvious we need both better finishers and playmakers up front.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
What the hell are Flames fans thinking? We get Kylington emerging so we actually have 4 top 4 defensemen and now we want to trade our best LHD? Insanity. We can get a RS RW without moving Hanifin. Just leave the blue line alone unless we're moving Valimaki or Zadorov. That's the only redundant spot on our back end.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
personally, i don't mind if the flames trade a 1st but if so i'd prefer a C like Hertl, Larkin or Strome depending on their availability near the deadline. we don't need more LHDs but it's painfully obvious we need both better finishers and playmakers up front.
Strome isn't the same thing as Hertl or Larkin. Strome is a poor man's Monahan.

mydnyte

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 8, 2004
Is there a trade there to be had? Hanifin's development has hit a brick wall despite ample opportunity to grow while the Flames have a glaring hole in their RW depth
sucks that he'd be a hard fit under the cap for toronto, because he's the type of defender they could use.
salary wise
Holl + Kerfoot ...but thats not exciting for Cal

Ledge And Dairy

As a kings fan I would do this. Would want to include Maata for cap and Wagner (home town guy who i think would do well for Sutter) though
Maata for cap? Calgary is already against the ceiling and trying to compete, adding someone who would probably be a healthy scratch (or make Zadorov a healthy scratch) is counterproductive. I would definitely be open to something around Valimaki and Vilardi but Calgary can't be adding 3M in the process

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Maata for cap? Calgary is already against the ceiling and trying to compete, adding someone who would probably be a healthy scratch (or make Zadorov a healthy scratch) is counterproductive. I would definitely be open to something around Valimaki and Vilardi but Calgary can't be adding 3M in the process

Screwed up _ Delete

Last edited:

Ledge And Dairy

Calgary would be shedding almost $5m in Valimaki and Maata has only one year left. LA is also up against the cap so something would need to be done to make the salaries work out.

I would not be up for a Valimaki Vilardi basis.
Valimaki makes 1.55M... where are you getting 5M from?

Also I swear I just quoted you saying you would do Valimaki for Vilardi

Some Other Flame

Dec 4, 2010
Still hilarious that Shero turned down Hanifin and Bennett for Hall and Vatanen. This league is full of clowns.

Anyway, Flames can't trade Hanifin for a forward right now. Maybe next year if Kylington continues to be awesome and Valimaki improves by a lot.

If that happens then, I dunno, Hanifin for Nylander

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Valimaki makes 1.55M... where are you getting 5M from?

Also I swear I just quoted you saying you would do Valimaki for Vilardi

hahah shit, sorry doing too many things at once. I was talking/thinking Hanifan but switched it up. Don't see why in the world Calagry would deal Hannifin, but that is who this thread was on.

Sorry for the confusion

Ledge And Dairy

hahah shit, sorry doing too many things at once. I was talking/thinking Hanifan but switched it up. Don't see why in the world Calagry would deal Hannifin, but that is who this thread was on.

Sorry for the confusion
Oh if it's Hanifin there is no way Calgary would consider moving him for Vilardi. Some Flames fans on here (like OP) are just always looking for someone to blame no matter the situation. Calgary is doing great right now and will add at the deadline assuming they continue to do great. Hanifin is core reason to the teams success and he is not internally replaceable

Reactions: YP44

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Oh if it's Hanifin there is no way Calgary would consider moving him for Vilardi. Some Flames fans on here (like OP) are just always looking for someone to blame no matter the situation. Calgary is doing great right now and will add at the deadline assuming they continue to do great. Hanifin is core reason to the teams success and he is not internally replaceable

that's how i see it too, but if someone throws him out there LA should be all over it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad