Value of: Noah Hanifin Draft Day

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
In that case, Habs will just have to wait a year or two for Romanov to get here.

Habs aren't in a posiiton to trade away 2-3 young cost controlled assets for any player in the league. We aren't contenders for another 2-3years at minimum and we should keep our assets.

Hanifin is a young cost-controlled asset that is locked in for 5 more years, and fits the Habs biggest need like a glove. The mid-late 1st round pick is a shot in the dark. Even Suzuki, who looks like a really good prospect hasn't played an NHL game and plays a position we're deep at.

This would be a no-brainer for the Habs in my opinion.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
LOL
Pass. This guy’s miles ahead of Kylington and Valimaki, and he’s more or less the same age. Flames aren’t moving him for anything short of absurdity. He’s been dynamite in our top 4.

He's not "miles ahead" of either guy. He's been a solid #4 when force fed #4 minutes. His offense has been real nice. But if he was out of the lineup for whatever reason I wouldn't lose any sleep over it because of how good those two have been even with less ideal partners. I give credit to Hanifin for his great production and for handling the increase in competition quality to top 4 with ease, but he's leaned heavily on Hamonic all the same and been overwhelmed with Hamonic out. With his trade value, and our ability to take his salary and put it into Tkachuk's, it's an area worth exploring.

I wouldn't however just give him away. I would want a high-end cost-controlled asset in return, a RHS top 6 two way forward basically. Rakell was a name thrown out earlier and that is what I am talking about.

Ainsy01

Jun 12, 2014
His value as a young top 4 dman with size on a good contract is...... a young top 4 dman with size on a good contract. Dont really need to do a "value of" thread on a player that was traded 50 games ago. Decipher from that trade not a bunch of online opinions lol.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
He's not "miles ahead" of either guy. He's been a solid #4 when force fed #4 minutes. His offense has been real nice. But if he was out of the lineup for whatever reason I wouldn't lose any sleep over it because of how good those two have been even with less ideal partners. I give credit to Hanifin for his great production and for handling the increase in competition quality to top 4 with ease, but he's leaned heavily on Hamonic all the same and been overwhelmed with Hamonic out. With his trade value, and our ability to take his salary and put it into Tkachuk's, it's an area worth exploring.

I wouldn't however just give him away. I would want a high-end cost-controlled asset in return, a RHS top 6 two way forward basically. Rakell was a name thrown out earlier and that is what I am talking about.

He is Miles, miles ahead.
Kylington is a depth dman. Valimaki is a first year pro. Noah has been a legit top 4 guy, at times top 3.

Maybe in a couple years, Valimaki might pull ahead, but not today.

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
What would it take from the Canucks outside of Boeser, Pettersson, Horvat and Hughes, our 2019 1st?

Anything we have that you could use? I realize this would be a trade in the division before someone uses that as a reason as to why this would never happen or something.

You have taken everything of value out LOL, I don't think we can trade because we have no one to replace him with.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Hanifin is a young cost-controlled asset that is locked in for 5 more years, and fits the Habs biggest need like a glove. The mid-late 1st round pick is a shot in the dark. Even Suzuki, who looks like a really good prospect hasn't played an NHL game and plays a position we're deep at.

This would be a no-brainer for the Habs in my opinion.

We can't trade away our bluechip prospect int he middle of a retooling process. That 1st round pick may be in the middle of the pack, but we need to continue to pile them up in order to be able to continue building around our young core

YES, Hanifin fits our need. But Trading Suzuki and a 1st round pick is too much for the Habs at the moment. As mentionend abov, If it was Suzuki + B prospect + one of our 2 2nd I wouldn't mind, but we cannot trade 2 bluechip projects in the middle of a rebuilding process.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
We can't trade away our bluechip prospect int he middle of a retooling process. That 1st round pick may be in the middle of the pack, but we need to continue to pile them up in order to be able to continue building around our young core

YES, Hanifin fits our need. But Trading Suzuki and a 1st round pick is too much for the Habs at the moment. As mentionend abov, If it was Suzuki + B prospect + one of our 2 2nd I wouldn't mind, but we cannot trade 2 bluechip projects in the middle of a rebuilding process.

While that trade doesn’t move the needle for Calgary, you’d trade two maybes for a legit top 4 guy with top pairing upside... who is, wait for it, two years older than Suzuki signed long term on a team friendly deal.

Calgary doesn’t touch that trade.

There are a few things that move the needle in terms of Noah, that ain’t it.

Reactions: Aldo Montoya

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
While that trade doesn’t move the needle for Calgary, you’d trade two maybes for a legit top 4 guy with top pairing upside... who is, wait for it, two years older than Suzuki signed long term on a team friendly deal.

Calgary doesn’t touch that trade.

There are a few things that move the needle in terms of Noah, that ain’t it.

Totally understandable.

Personnly I want the Habs to stay put and continue the rebuilding process

A future top 9 of

Drouin-KK-DOmi
Suzuki-Poehling-Gally
Ikonen-Danault-Ylonen

Would prob be the best thing Habs team lookes lince since the 70's

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
His value as a young top 4 dman with size on a good contract is...... a young top 4 dman with size on a good contract. Dont really need to do a "value of" thread on a player that was traded 50 games ago. Decipher from that trade not a bunch of online opinions lol.
If Hanifin wasn't playing considerably better than he did in Carolina, you might have a point.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
In no world would any GM trade any of those players for him anyway lol.
Hughes > Hanifin and the rest Calgary couldn't handle with the cap.
We have plenty of assets in our system that we could trade if needed.
Gaudette, Demko, DiPietro, Dahlen, Gadjovich, Lind, Juolevi. If we really needed a young top 4 dman we could probably get one.
The only thing that makes sense from Vancouver is Horvat or Boeser. Outside of that, there’s nothing to get a conversation started in your pool.

mc1laren

Jun 18, 2018
You have taken everything of value out LOL, I don't think we can trade because we have no one to replace him with.
Other than Hughes, is Hanifin worth any of those players 1 for 1? Is Hanifin worth a top5/top 10 pick?

I don't think Calgary trades him. If they do trade him, they will likely get better offers from other teams than the Canucks. If a trade were to be made with the Canucks, I could see 3rd in 2019, 2nd in 2020, Jet Woo and Goldobin as a package I would be comfortable with. This helps Calgary with the cap to sign a top 6 UFA, adds Woo as an eventual top 4 replacement, a 40-50 point potential winger, and 2 draft picks.

I doubt its enough but theres nothing else that would even come close that canucks fans would be comfortable with.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
He's still recovering from a concussion that happened in the playoffs last year, but he's been practicing the last little while (2 months or so), has been sent to the AHL from the NHL which leads to the belief he's close to return.
I’m not sure that you guys have a lone prospect that’s valuable enough, outside of Makar, to make work for both teams. If Makar wasn’t on the table, I’d probably want Jost, Timmins + 1st for Hanifin + Frolik.....maybe more. It would put a huge dent in the pool that you guys have been building.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
I’m not sure that you guys have a lone prospect that’s valuable enough, outside of Makar, to make work for both teams. If Makar wasn’t on the table, I’d probably want Jost, Timmins + 1st for Hanifin + Frolik.....maybe more. It would put a huge dent in the pool that you guys have been building.

I would definitely do something around that, would think our side would still have to add quite a bit, heck I'd even take on Stone (CGY) if we were getting Hanifin.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
Other than Hughes, is Hanifin worth any of those players 1 for 1? Is Hanifin worth a top5/top 10 pick?

I don't think Calgary trades him. If they do trade him, they will likely get better offers from other teams than the Canucks. If a trade were to be made with the Canucks, I could see 3rd in 2019, 2nd in 2020, Jet Woo and Goldobin as a package I would be comfortable with. This helps Calgary with the cap to sign a top 6 UFA, adds Woo as an eventual top 4 replacement, a 40-50 point potential winger, and 2 draft picks.

I doubt its enough but theres nothing else that would even come close that canucks fans would be comfortable with.
Lol! That package might not get you Jodie Benn

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
I would definitely do something around that, would think our side would still have to add quite a bit, heck I'd even take on Stone (CGY) if we were getting Hanifin.
Would you do 2nd overall, if you don’t happen to get Hughes?

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
-6’3, 215 pound left shot defenseman
-turned 22, 13 days ago
-former 5th overall
-on pace for 40 points, from the 2nd pairing, with no #1 PP time
-signed for 5 more years at $4.95 million

Hanifin’s been a great addition. His overall game has taken good strides and he’s producing very well. The only reasons, I think he might potentially be available is that Valimaki and Kylington are both NHL ready. I think the organization has Valimaki’s potential, on par with Hanifin. We also need to free up some cap space in order to target a top 6 UFA and replenish our prospect pool. I think ideally a futures package centered around an elite prospect or a young, top 6 RW, would be favourable returns. With his potential and contract, he won’t be cheap.
Calgary has done a good ass job with their rebuild. Tell your gm to come to mn

DFF

Feb 28, 2002

If they want to get rid of 4m, they can say good bye to frolik. They don't need to trade hanifin
BTW, I agreed, your package is garbage.

QcFlames12

Feb 1, 2012
Look at his age, cap, and quality.

Flames need more like him.

No reason what soever to replace him, He is Gio's replacement.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad