Value of: Noah Hanifin Draft Day

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
I would assume Hanifin is essentially untouchable, but in the case that he's not I'd throw something along the lines of:

To Calgary
Colorado 2020 first (top 10 protected)
2019 Ottawa third
Zadorov (RFA)
Kerfoot (RFA)

To Colorado
Hanifin
Frolik

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I would assume Hanifin is essentially untouchable, but in the case that he's not I'd throw something along the lines of:

To Calgary
2019 Ottawa third
Zadorov (RFA)
Kerfoot (RFA)

To Colorado
Hanifin
Frolik
Hard pass

Reactions: Owen Doty

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Only way I'd move Hanifin is for futures and cap space that enabled us to sign Mark Stone. Otherwise you're moving a "do-it-all" young top 4 blueliner for something that won't be as good. If you move him for futures and can sign Stone, then it's a different story.
The only way is apart of a deal for a signed Stone.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
The only way is apart of a deal for a signed Stone.
Wouldn't have to be for me. I could move him somewhere else for the assets for a signed Stone. But yes, essentially if moving him for assets and moving Frolik gives us the assets and cap space for Stone, I'd do it. Would give us basically 2 first lines. Stone is good, really good. He is everything you want in a hockey player that can't skate...haha

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
He plays the left side. I’d probably want a package centred around Suzuki + your 1st.

A Package aroudn Suzuki OR the 1st would be something MTL could do.

Trading a A prospect and a 1st isn't something Habs should do even tho Hanifin's good.

If somethign aroudn the Lines of Suzuki + B prospect like Ticzka/McShane/Fleury can do it, then they should listen to it, otherwhise Habs aren't in a position to overpay for that D-man, especially when it woudl require multiple grade A prospect

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Not really, wait till next season with a coaching change before you jump to that conclusion. I said I would only trade them if fowler brought back a solid winger.... so this is under the idea that we picked up a good LW/RW in the fowler trade. Hanafin is a very good second pairing dmen, who would be great behind Lindholm, and I feel like hanfin would be a good d partner for Montour. Lets say Drouin for fowler(which has been talked about with both fan bases and seems to have at least decent results as a base), and assume this trade is rakell for hanafin(maybe adds to even it out, nothing super significant tho)

Drouin Getzlaf Terry
Ritchie **** Kase (* being steel/hughes maybe a diff center pick if they show they are ready)
Comtois Henrique Sprong
Jones Kesler Perry (kossila/sheerwood ready if kes/perry are ltir)

Lindholm Manson
Hanafin Montour
Larsson/mahura/random depth guy, dotchin maybe.

as far as cap space goes, we lose 3.8 from rakell, 6.5 from fowler and (potentially 4.5-5.5 for silfverberg), while adding 4.8 for hanafin, and 5.5 for Drouin. Means well have 4ish mil cushion space, before cap is added or any of our players go on LTIR. And I think all we need to sign is Ritchie + Back up goalie.

Habs aren't trading Drouin for Fowler. No point doing so as Drouin is the best offensive threat on this team

MonyontheMoney

Apr 5, 2015

Trading a A prospect and a 1st isn't something Habs should do even tho Hanifin's good.

If somethign aroudn the Lines of Suzuki + B prospect like Ticzka/McShane/Fleury can do it, then they should listen to it, otherwhise Habs aren't in a position to overpay for that D-man, especially when it woudl require multiple grade A prospect
That doesn’t come close to doing it.

Reactions: TML1990

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011

I wouldn't move him just for Suzuki and a throw in. That doesn't make sense for a contending team. He's a good player right now, with potential to reach elite status. He's locked up for 6 years at a good cap hit. That has major value.

Reactions: TML1990

Slyfox

Dec 12, 2016
Toronto
Hanifan is worth more than the package that went to Carolina now. No way does he move outside a huge overpay.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Habs aren't trading Drouin for Fowler. No point doing so as Drouin is the best offensive threat on this team
Was more of an example, where fan bases were having civil talks.... not so much an exact option.

Rypien37

Aug 20, 2013
With those players off the table the Canucks don't have any assets worth moving a young nhl player for.
In no world would any GM trade any of those players for him anyway lol.
Hughes > Hanifin and the rest Calgary couldn't handle with the cap.
We have plenty of assets in our system that we could trade if needed.
Gaudette, Demko, DiPietro, Dahlen, Gadjovich, Lind, Juolevi. If we really needed a young top 4 dman we could probably get one.

perronist

Dec 8, 2008
In no world would any GM trade any of those players for him anyway lol.
Hughes > Hanifin and the rest Calgary couldn't handle with the cap.
We have plenty of assets in our system that we could trade if needed.
Gaudette, Demko, DiPietro, Dahlen, Gadjovich, Lind, Juolevi. If we really needed a young top 4 dman we could probably get one.

lmao

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010

Suzuki’s a very good prospect, but I feel pretty confident in saying it would take all of him + the 1st to get a conversation started. We’re not talking about a UFA, he’s signed for 5 more years to a great contract.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I know it’s something with your phone, but some of the words that come up in your posts make my day
Yeah my gboard app has a mind of its own sometimes. I tap the suggestions and sometimes it works and others it has a stroke.

135ace

Mar 18, 2015
If Hall doesn't re-sign in NJ come July I'd offer him for Hanifin. I'm sure he'd love to go home and play for a contender (Although I think he really likes NJ as well. Just a matter of if he thinks the team will become relevant anytime soon). What do flames fans say?

Reactions: Dog

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
If Hall doesn't re-sign in NJ come July I'd offer him for Hanifin. I'm sure he'd love to go home and play for a contender (Although I think he really likes NJ as well. Just a matter of if he thinks the team will become relevant anytime soon). What do flames fans say?
Pass. The value is there, but we have no scoring troubles and our weakness is goaltending and defensive play

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010

To Calgary
2019 Ottawa third
Zadorov (RFA)
Kerfoot (RFA)

To Colorado
Hanifin
Frolik
What’s the latest word on Timmins?

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
What would it take from the Canucks outside of Boeser, Pettersson, Horvat and Hughes, our 2019 1st?

Anything we have that you could use? I realize this would be a trade in the division before someone uses that as a reason as to why this would never happen or something.
What Calgary would want in return, Vancouver does not have which is scoring forwards who are NHL ready and have shown that they can score at the nhl level.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
What’s the latest word on Timmins?

He's still recovering from a concussion that happened in the playoffs last year, but he's been practicing the last little while (2 months or so), has been sent to the AHL from the NHL which leads to the belief he's close to return.

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
Suzuki’s a very good prospect, but I feel pretty confident in saying it would take all of him + the 1st to get a conversation started. We’re not talking about a UFA, he’s signed for 5 more years to a great contract.

In that case, Habs will just have to wait a year or two for Romanov to get here.

Habs aren't in a posiiton to trade away 2-3 young cost controlled assets for any player in the league. We aren't contenders for another 2-3years at minimum and we should keep our assets.

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
God not this crap again, you were oractipract laughed off the Flames board for suggesting moving him there. Hanifin is as untiuchauntas anyone on our blueline.
I'm pretty sure I contracted that in Thailand at one of the "donkey" shows

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad