Value of: Noah Hanifin Draft Day

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
-6’3, 215 pound left shot defenseman
-turned 22, 13 days ago
-former 5th overall
-on pace for 40 points, from the 2nd pairing, with no #1 PP time
-signed for 5 more years at $4.95 million

Hanifin’s been a great addition. His overall game has taken good strides and he’s producing very well. The only reasons, I think he might potentially be available is that Valimaki and Kylington are both NHL ready. I think the organization has Valimaki’s potential, on par with Hanifin. We also need to free up some cap space in order to target a top 6 UFA and replenish our prospect pool. I think ideally a futures package centered around an elite prospect or a young, top 6 RW, would be favourable returns. With his potential and contract, he won’t be cheap.

mc1laren

Jun 18, 2018
What would it take from the Canucks outside of Boeser, Pettersson, Horvat and Hughes, our 2019 1st?

Anything we have that you could use? I realize this would be a trade in the division before someone uses that as a reason as to why this would never happen or something.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
If we trade fowler id love to replace him. Not sure we have the right assets tho.

Id consider something around rakell / kase.... assumin we got winger in fowler trade

BCgyFan

Jul 21, 2014
What would it take from the Canucks outside of Boeser, Pettersson, Horvat and Hughes, our 2019 1st?

Anything we have that you could use? I realize this would be a trade in the division before someone uses that as a reason as to why this would never happen or something.

With those players off the table the Canucks don't have any assets worth moving a young nhl player for.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
If we trade fowler id love to replace him. Not sure we have the right assets tho.

Id consider something around rakell / kase.... assumin we got winger in fowler trade

Why would you trade Rakell / Kase? Fowler isn’t going to get a forward to replace Rakell / Kase production. It’s counter productive.

Ducks will be in the same hole with no one scoring goals like we are now.

Make a Fowler thread and see what the offers will be. It’s gonna be picks and middle 6 wingers.

Last edited:

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Why would you trade Rakell / Kase? Fowler isn’t going to get a forward to replace Rakell / Kase production. It’s counter productive.

Ducks will be in the same hole with no one scoring goals like we are now.
Not really, wait till next season with a coaching change before you jump to that conclusion. I said I would only trade them if fowler brought back a solid winger.... so this is under the idea that we picked up a good LW/RW in the fowler trade. Hanafin is a very good second pairing dmen, who would be great behind Lindholm, and I feel like hanfin would be a good d partner for Montour. Lets say Drouin for fowler(which has been talked about with both fan bases and seems to have at least decent results as a base), and assume this trade is rakell for hanafin(maybe adds to even it out, nothing super significant tho)

Drouin Getzlaf Terry
Ritchie **** Kase (* being steel/hughes maybe a diff center pick if they show they are ready)
Comtois Henrique Sprong
Jones Kesler Perry (kossila/sheerwood ready if kes/perry are ltir)

Lindholm Manson
Hanafin Montour
Larsson/mahura/random depth guy, dotchin maybe.

as far as cap space goes, we lose 3.8 from rakell, 6.5 from fowler and (potentially 4.5-5.5 for silfverberg), while adding 4.8 for hanafin, and 5.5 for Drouin. Means well have 4ish mil cushion space, before cap is added or any of our players go on LTIR. And I think all we need to sign is Ritchie + Back up goalie.

Last edited:

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Not really, wait till next season with a coaching change before you jump to that conclusion. I said I would only trade them if fowler brought back a solid winger.... so this is under the idea that we picked up a good LW/RW in the fowler trade. Hanafin is a very good second pairing dmen, who would be great behind Lindholm, and I feel like hanfin would be a good d partner for Montour. Lets say Drouin for fowler(which has been talked about with both fan bases and seems to have at least decent results as a base).

Drouin Getzlaf Terry
Ritchie **** Kase (* being steel/hughes maybe a diff center pick if they show they are ready)
Comtois Henrique Sprong
Jones Kesler Perry (kossila/sheerwood ready if kes/perry are ltir)

Lindholm Manson
Hanafin Montour
Larsson/mahura/random depth guy, dotchin maybe.

You are really set in stone on these prospects man. Boy I tell you! I just don’t see it..... sorry but I don’t.

Ritchie doesn’t deserve top 6 minutes either. And You’re literally throwing every prospect we have into a ducks role next season without considering that some of them won’t pan out. Which is highly likely.

Terry and Ritchie in top 6 roles? Cmon man. Terry has 10 games this season and he’s getting first line minutes? You gotta re think this fantasy of yours.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
You are really set in stone on these prospects man. Boy I tell you! I just don’t see it..... sorry but I don’t.

Ritchie doesn’t deserve top 6 minutes either. And You’re literally throwing every prospect we have into a ducks role next season without considering that some of them won’t pan out. Which is highly likely.

Terry and Ritchie in top 6 roles? Cmon man. Terry has 10 games this season and he’s getting first line minutes? You gotta re think this fantasy of yours.
Ritchie is on a 50 point pace right now, and improving... he has shown great chemistry with kase, and would be a good line to break in a rookie with.
Terry is going to be NHL ready next season, no way hes not in the nhl… and hes not a player you throw on 3rd or 4th line and see how he does(40 points in 40 games as ahl rookie).
Jones/comtois were both likely ready this year, but due to all our bad contracts cant fit them in, id much rather see jones/comtois than gibbons/shore.

Either way you look at those lines and its 3, arguably 4 deep.. you can cut down getzlafs mins a bit, the 2nd and 3rd line can be a 2a/2b situation, and that 4th line can eat up 10-12 mins pretty easily(Jones/Kesler can still be used on PK). Your looking at it based on listed lines, but the mins would be distributed fairly, so getzlaf doesn't have to do heavy carrying like hes been doing.

And what you think what we have going now is working really well? 2-19?

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Ritchie is on a 50 point pace right now, and improving... he has shown great chemistry with kase, and would be a good line to break in a rookie with.
Terry is going to be NHL ready next season, no way hes not in the nhl… and hes not a player you throw on 3rd or 4th line and see how he does(40 points in 40 games as ahl rookie).
Jones/comtois were both likely ready this year, but due to all our bad contracts cant fit them in, id much rather see jones/comtois than gibbons/shore.

Either way you look at those lines and its 3, arguably 4 deep.. you can cut down getzlafs mins a bit, the 2nd and 3rd line can be a 2a/2b situation, and that 4th line can eat up 10-12 mins pretty easily(Jones/Kesler can still be used on PK). Your looking at it based on listed lines, but the mins would be distributed fairly, so getzlaf doesn't have to do heavy carrying like hes been doing.

And what you think what we have going now is working really well? 2-19?

This is how exactly prospects become Busts. Giving them more than they can handle while new to the NHL. Terry in no way shape or form deserves first line minutes and hasn’t shown he can play first line minutes either with 10 games in the NHL.

You slowly gradually promote them up the lines. This has worked for years on the Ducks with prospects. Why are you changing it?

You didn’t see Rakell immediately take first line minutes while a rookie. You’re gonna make this kid a bust with this philosophy.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
God not this crap again, you were oractipract laughed off the Flames board for suggesting moving him there. Hanifin is as untiuchauntas anyone on our blueline.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Only way I'd move Hanifin is for futures and cap space that enabled us to sign Mark Stone. Otherwise you're moving a "do-it-all" young top 4 blueliner for something that won't be as good. If you move him for futures and can sign Stone, then it's a different story.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad