Player Discussion: Noah Dobson

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
No one thought JT was leaving though. Only JT knew of his impending betrayal.
Yes but there was talk of improving the roster in order to be more competitive to make the decision easier for JT who obviously didn't sign in July when he was able to.

In any case, back then nor the years after did I ever remember Dobson being trade bait in fan proposals.

Maybe for Nylander a few years ago, although the usual response for that is we will trade Pulock before Dobson
hmmm, can't say I remember that one. To your point though, being RH heavy for years now that sort of makes sense.

Reactions: Konk

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
Remember when half of yall wanted to trade him for a bag of chips?

I'll never forget when I got my wife an authentic Dobson jersey at NVMC. Dude behind me on the line said "ouch, that kid is going to be traded within a year". I turned around and called him a f***ing idiot.

I like to imagine he posts here.

My buddy wanted to trade him for Chychrun. Thank God he isn’t the GM. I still rip on him for that one.

• Haha
Reactions: Riseonfire

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
My buddy wanted to trade him for Chychrun. Thank God he isn’t the GM. I still rip on him for that one.

I do remember Arizona fans demanding Dobson for Chychrun, that idea got zero traction on the Trade Board.

Otherwise only the galactically stupid wanted to trade Dobber on here.

The Barzal stuff was Avs fans demanding Dobson + Sorokin + 1st for Duchene. That got laughs too.

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
Good for Dobson, any tweets on total number of bonehead plays in critical situations? He’s probably high on the list amongst the Isles.

scott99

May 13, 2005
Only Islander defenseman not named Potvin to score 70+ points in a season. Jean Potvin scored 72 points in 1975-76 and Denis Potvin scored 70+ points six times. Interesting thing, when Jean scored 72 in 1975-76, Denis scored 98 points. Amazing, 170 points between them in 1 season.

Reactions: SI90

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Only Islander defenseman not named Potvin to score 70+ points in a season. Jean Potvin scored 72 points in 1975-76 and Denis Potvin scored 70+ points six times. Interesting thing, when Jean scored 72 in 1975-76, Denis scored 98 points. Amazing, 170 points between them in 1 season.
Ahh, but what about Hank and Tommy Aaron? Combined for 768 career HRs!

Which brother combo was better?

Isles Junkie

Jul 4, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Ahh, but what about Hank and Tommy Aaron? Combined for 768 career HRs!

Which brother combo was better?
Joe & Phil Niekro have my vote.

a HOFer and a guy who won over 200 games. Sure wins are not the end all be all for pitchers. But it's sill an impressive compilation of bro stats, where each player was in their own right a good-great player. Hard to beat that.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Joe & Phil Niekro have my vote.

a HOFer and a guy who won over 200 games. Sure wins are not the end all be all for pitchers. But it's sill an impressive compilation of bro stats, where each player was in their own right a good-great player. Hard to beat that.
That's a good one. Lots of good brothers in the NHL. Maurice and Henri Richard come to mind as maybe topping the Niekros. Maurice is a top 10 all-time great, and Henri had 1000+ points and is probably a top 100 all-time player.

Metnut

Jan 19, 2013
It looks like a wrist injury for him. Aside from not being broken, let's hope it's not too bad. That's the kind of thing that can affect a player even if he is able to come back. He has about 10 days to hopefully get better for the playoffs.

Nizami Ganjavi

Greasy Meatball
Jul 27, 2022
It looks like a wrist injury for him. Aside from not being broken, let's hope it's not too bad. That's the kind of thing that can affect a player even if he is able to come back. He has about 10 days to hopefully get better for the playoffs.
Actually, after watching the video numerous times, it doesn't look like Romanov's stick hit him in the hand (looks like it made contact with his waist).

But right after that he gets taken into the boards...

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
IMG_9438.gif

Need an Adam Banks recovery for Dobber

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
Have a bad feeling that it is a broken wrist, which means he is out 4-6 weeks minimum. Hope it is just a bruise or something but if it is fractured he is missing at least the first round and potentially the second round of the playoffs. Huge loss. I would argue this would be a bigger loss than Barzal or Horvat because of how little depth we have on defense, especially offensive defensemen.

Reactions: duster19

Suffolkbull3

Apr 27, 2016
i thought it was an upper body injury?!? since when is the wrist part of the upper body??? this is horrific news if it is the wrist… he wont be back until next fkn year if its his wrist. where did we hear it was his wrist!!?!!!! link??

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00