Seravalli: "No traction" in Gaudreau talks with Calgary - Flames have offered $10+M x 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

thaman8765678

Jun 11, 2011
Already posted this in another thread, but CP has stated its 11.5m from the Johnny camp and 10m from the Flames camp rn with Murray Edwards stepping in.

That's not a small AAV to bridge to be fair. If I had to guess, it'll probably settle at 11m (if they do...)
Lol there is no way that is true.

Gaudreau wants to go home. We could offer 14 million and he would still decline. Johnny is gone and good luck to him when he joins the Flyers.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I’m not a Calgary fan but all the talks about how Gaudreau is probably gone and if so a bunch of the guys want out really sucks. I was looking forward to competing hockey between Edmonton and Calgary but a forced rebuild would suck.

Sugi21

Dec 7, 2016
$9.5 million x 8 years still not good enough? Hard to feel sorry for players

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
If I was Calgary's GM at most I'd do $10 million AAV and even then I'd prefer 7 years to 8.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Might as well just release him and move on at that point. He’s not going to take 7 years and stay
I don't see a 10 x 8 deal working out well for the Flames unless the cap skyrockets soon and $10 million becomes the new $7 million-ish deal. He's a very good player but I wouldn't consider him the guy that you build a team around which is what most $10+ million players should be. That said, we paid Nurse $9.25 million ffs so what the hell do I know?

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

The Instigator

Tom Wilson - NHL All Star
Feb 6, 2010
You guys actually think this is about the money? He wants to live in a free country.
1b639c76d8b61e3b35e94d91462ed4b0.jpg

Ledge And Dairy

Agreed we should feel sorry for the billionaire owners because they have to pay players their worth.
The GM offers the deal, hell it's probably structured to avoid as much escrow as possible too. The GM has a league implemented cap limit to work under and multiple contracts to consider.

If you want to complain about the owner screwing us ona new arena thats a different story

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Johnny Hockey to Edmonton, the cap space is there ;)

Hyman - McDavid - Pulju
Foegele - Drai - Yamo
Gaudreau - RNH - Holloway
sign him and place a 100point player on the 3rd line? lol

stfu Frank you f***ing know nothing
Take it easy Mulder could argue he know's more going on around the NHL than you do

Last edited by a moderator:

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Agreed we should feel sorry for the billionaire owners because they have to pay players their worth.

In theory both could agree to make slightly less money and charge reasonable prices for tickets

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Thank you. I thought I was only one going really only 9.5 a year for a guy that just put 115 points.
In what world is a 40 goal 115 point player worth only 9.5M?
Kucherov signed 9.5m after putting up 128 points and back then the flat cap era hasn't even started yet.
Forsberg signed 8.5m and he was a ppg
honestly 9.5-10m feels fair
open market he can get much more obviously though

Dont care if owners make a buck or not. you know what would be nice? if tickets for my team didn't cost an arm and a leg. maybe then Id have gone to more than 10 games in my life. Im 35

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad