Seravalli: "No traction" in Gaudreau talks with Calgary - Flames have offered $10+M x 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wreckus

Feb 21, 2016
I’ll be stunned if he doesn’t sign with Calgary. All parties are probably hard at work as we speak hammering out the details on the new deal.

Don’t worry flames fans, he’s staying for sure - in fact I would bet my tax return on it!
For Calgary fans, I hope he stays. But if he wants to be closer to home, can't really blame him.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
I really hope he doesn’t sign with the Flyers. The Devils are still drastically closer to Philly then Calgary, and it really isn’t drastically far at all. Wanting to be closer to family doesn’t necessarily mean he has to be on top of them. He’d have plenty of opportunities to see his family in any of the neighboring NHL cities.

There’d be days off throughout, and more easily his family could come to him without having to go a crazy distance.

It’d be nice to see him actually compete instead of stuck on the worst run franchise

If it was just about being closer to him I think he goes Devils but I think the draw of being a Flyer is just as big here for him

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
What is CGY's backup plan if Gaudreau walks?

do they immidiately sell Tkachuk as well and burn it down?

do they go for other high priced UFAs?

Trade for JT Miller? ( would cost a lot within division trade)

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
What is CGY's backup plan if Gaudreau walks?

do they immidiately sell Tkachuk as well and burn it down?

do they go for other high priced UFAs?

Trade for JT Miller? ( would cost a lot within division trade)
Maybe Kadri? Can one of their centers play wing? I’m sure there will be a winger available at some point. Supposedly Tarasenko wants to be traded still tho I only briefly heard that

Edit: Patrick Kane. Apparently the hawks are selling everyone for a 4th round pick

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
LOL
which Gaudreau was

Hence the reason it is sign.............. then trade.
I know.,, the other guy was telling me I was wrong in stating the new team couldn't offer 8 years if his rights were traded.

I’ll be stunned if he doesn’t sign with Calgary. All parties are probably hard at work as we speak hammering out the details on the new deal.

Don’t worry flames fans, he’s staying for sure - in fact I would bet my tax return on it!
Plot Twist, you owe on your return

MtoD

Feb 4, 2018
I know.,, the other guy was telling me I was wrong in stating the new team couldn't offer 8 years if his rights were traded.

Cause you are wrong.

The new team can't offer 8 years of his rights are traded. It's crystal clear in the CBA.

What can happen (and it never has to this point), is Calgary can give him an 8 year deal and then trade him to a team. But only Calgary can actually put pen to paper on an 8 year deal. Sign and trade vs trade and sign are very different.

Reactions: tfriede2

Iggys Dome

Not allowed to say the “R-Word” (rebuild)
Mar 19, 2018
Cap Space
Maybe Kadri? Can one of their centers play wing? I’m sure there will be a winger available at some point. Supposedly Tarasenko wants to be traded still tho I only briefly heard that

Edit: Patrick Kane. Apparently the hawks are selling everyone for a 4th round pick

Trade Tkachuk and rebuild. Anything else is delusional on the Flames part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad