Seravalli: "No traction" in Gaudreau talks with Calgary - Flames have offered $10+M x 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

MtoD

Feb 4, 2018
Does the Flames offer expire automatically at noon tomorrow?

They lose the ability to offer an 8th year on a contract tonight at midnight eastern time (5 hours from now)

(It's a little unclear as there's some discrepancy. The CBA states that the 8th year option goes away when a player becomes a UFA.. which doesn't technically happen until FA opens tomorrow at noon eastern time (17 hours).. but it's been widely reported that the actual deadline for the 8th year is at midnight.)

Their offers without 8 years don't necessarily 'expire' though.

Reactions: 42

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Is it not 10am Wednesday morning?

They have until 9pm pacific time TONIGHT or that option of 8th year goes away,

If Gaudreau isnt signed by tonight with Flames then theres no way he will be signed by them tomorrow, why would Gaudreau throw away 10 million bucks like that.

I guess it can still technically happen but the AAV would shoot up for Flames to match the total money

8 yrs 10mil aav = 80 mil

or

7 years 11.4ish mil aav - 80mil

Oldaccount

Jun 13, 2011
Somebody should give up something because it will break our hearts if he leaves and we get nothing.
No one is giving up anything when they can have him for free in few hours. He's either going to Philly or NJ with NYI (doubtful) as a wildcard. Gaudreau is going to wherever he wants so giving up even a 7th rounder for his contract rights is pointless.

BrockLobster

Feb 11, 2013
Long Beach, NY
No one is giving up anything when they can have him for free in few hours. He's either going to Philly or NJ with NYI (doubtful) as a wildcard. Gaudreau is going to wherever he wants so giving up even a 7th rounder for his contract rights is pointless.
Why is NYI doubtful? Just curious

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
4 hrs and change, whats the vibe like in CGY nation?

As a Canuck fan, im pulling for you guys to re-sign Johnny Hockey.

Oldaccount

Jun 13, 2011
Why is NYI doubtful? Just curious
For a few reasons. If Johnny is going home then Philly would be his ideal choice but if they don't have the money to offer then he's going to the next best thing which is NJ. He's going out east to be as close to home as possible & NY is further from home then Philly or NJ. Also there's no way I see the Islanders out bidding NJ. If it's a race between the 2 then NJ will offer more money.

barry halls

Nov 13, 2018
I’ll be stunned if he doesn’t sign with Calgary. All parties are probably hard at work as we speak hammering out the details on the new deal.

Don’t worry flames fans, he’s staying for sure - in fact I would bet my tax return on it!

• Wow
Reactions: BrockLobster

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
I really hope he doesn’t sign with the Flyers. The Devils are still drastically closer to Philly then Calgary, and it really isn’t drastically far at all. Wanting to be closer to family doesn’t necessarily mean he has to be on top of them. He’d have plenty of opportunities to see his family in any of the neighboring NHL cities.

There’d be days off throughout, and more easily his family could come to him without having to go a crazy distance.

It’d be nice to see him actually compete instead of stuck on the worst run franchise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad