Movies: No Time to Die

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Corona Virus hysteria?

I believe that that's the case, yes. I saw something a few days ago about a petition from fans to have the movie delayed because of coronavirus. I'm foggy on the reasoning. It seemed like they were afraid that the actors might catch coronavirus while promoting the film in Asia, but, if so, why not just petition to cancel the promotion in Asia? I doubt that that would dent the studio's profits enough to matter, especially to North American fans.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
On Dec. 31st 2019, There are things I didn't expect to happen in 2020, and a movie being postponed by 6 months due to a flu epidemic is one of these things.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
New trailer this Thursday. Looks like this will actually come out in November. I just wish they’d release it at home too because I’d pay a lot of money, and don’t really want to go to a theatre anytime soon.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
I think Spectre is good up until the torture scene. Then the movie falls apart. Watched it again recently.

This may actually be coming out in November given all the promotion. Had my doubts initially. I have a feeling Eon can’t afford another delay with more marketing and having to pay advertisers in the movie.

Reactions: Bakayoko Ono

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
I think Spectre is good up until the torture scene. Then the movie falls apart. Watched it again recently.

This may actually be coming out in November given all the promotion. Had my doubts initially. I have a feeling Eon can’t afford another delay with more marketing and having to pay advertisers in the movie.
Or not.

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site

No Time to Die stood probably the best chance at carving out a reasonable box office run in the current environment of the remaining films on the calendar. It's a known franchise that does better internationally than domestic.

It's the smart move, as things remain bad domestically, and heading south in Europe. China and asian markets are probably not enough.

Only question now is if Wonder Woman pulls the plug and pushes off to next year as well.

I look forward to film's like Sonic the Hedgehog and Bad Boys for Life cleaning up the technical awards at the Oscars this year.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
nobody will be going to the theaters anytime soon. movie companies and theaters have been losing tonnes of renvenue due to this pandemic.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
The rumor going around is $600M for No Time to Die to stream. I don’t see how you say no to that in these times. That recoups your money and can keep the franchise alive.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
The rumor going around is $600M for No Time to Die to stream. I don’t see how you say no to that in these times. That recoups your money and can keep the franchise alive.

Yikes. I was willing to go up to $30, but no higher. It looks like I'll be waiting for the Blu-ray.

:sarcasm:

Reactions: McOilers97

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Already rumblings that this is getting pushed to November.

yep. According to some papers over here, the reason why they want it in theaters is because if it goes to TV or streaming first it may activate a clause in the original contracts. It is complicated but the gist of what a few are suggesting is that while MGM finally got the rights to the 1954 tv movie made in about 2005, Flemming also signed a contract to make a series for Bond in 1958, he wrote and outline for 21 episodes and that contract is still valid. Whether or CBS would do it is another story--

Reactions: Tasty Biscuits

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Just put it on netflix or HBO already. Nobody is going to the movies. They will end up losing out if they go that route.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad