Movies: No Time to Die

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Billie Eilish scores biggest opening week of all time for a Bond theme

Billie Eilish’s James Bond theme No Time To Die lands straight in at Number 1 on this week’s Official Singles Chart, earning the star her first UK chart-topper and the biggest opening week of all time for a Bond theme, according to available Official Charts Company records.

No Time To Die, which was co-written/produced by Billie and her brother Finneas, racked up 90,000 chart sales across the past seven days including 10.6 million streams, making it the biggest opening week for a single so far this year.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I finally listened to it and don't like it. Are they really going to open the movie by putting the audience to sleep with that?

That said, I've rarely liked the movie-specific Bond theme songs. They tend to not be my style and it's annoying listening to an entire 4-minute song that you don't like before the movie starts. They also feel forced, since they have to use the movie title in their lyrics, have lyrics in the first place, sound a certain way, be sung by a solo female and so on.

I don't really understand the attention that they receive. It seems like it's just part of the marketing and giving them attention is buying into that marketing. I guess that it works, but I wouldn't be sad if they were to just drop the theme songs. I appreciate tradition, but this isn't a tradition that I've ever been too keen on.

Just open every movie with a rendition of the actual Bond theme music, IMO. Star Wars movies still open with its 43-year-old theme music. Why can't Bond movies simply open with the franchise's own 58-year-old theme music?

Last edited:

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I finally listened to it and don't like it. Are they really going to open the movie by putting the audience to sleep with that?

That said, I've rarely liked the movie-specific Bond theme songs. They tend to not be my style and it's annoying listening to an entire 4-minute song that you don't like before the movie starts. They also feel forced, since they have to use the movie title in their lyrics, have lyrics in the first place, sound a certain way, be sung by a solo female and so on.

I don't really understand the attention that they receive. It seems like it's just part of the marketing and giving them attention is buying into that marketing. I guess that it works, but I wouldn't be sad if they were to just drop the theme songs. I appreciate tradition, but this isn't a tradition that I've ever been too keen on.

Just open every movie with a rendition of the actual Bond theme music, IMO. Star Wars movies still open with its 43-year-old theme music. Why can't Bond movies simply open with the franchise's own 58-year-old theme music?

You mean make something which has made every Bond movie unique, formulaic and bland? Please leave the internet.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bakayoko Ono

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
You mean make something which has made every Bond movie unique, formulaic and bland? Please leave the internet.

You mean formulaic like it already is? Besides, if you need the theme song to make each movie unique, maybe that indicates a problem with the movies.

Reactions: Violenza Domestica

Pranzo Oltranzista

Oct 18, 2017
You mean formulaic like it already is? Besides, if you need the theme song to make each movie unique, maybe that indicates a problem with the movies.

The Internet declares Osprey a winner in this debate.
(Is there anything about the Bond films that isn't formulaic? that really was weak)

Anyway, and now for some good Bond music:

Now that is what they should open every Bond film with.

Reactions: Osprey

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
It's iconic. Bond fans would be furious if you changed that opening.

I'm not sure what you're talking about. The opening is changed every movie already, since the theme song played over it is always different. I suggested keeping the opening and simply playing the instrumental 007 theme music over it... you know, like the very first movie:

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I'm not sure what you're talking about. The opening is changed every movie already, since the theme song played over it is always different. I suggested keeping the opening and simply playing the instrumental 007 theme music over it... you know, like the very first movie:

If they didn't change that into opening with the gunbarrel and Bond theme, opening scene and then the visual credits, we wouldn't have gotten these:

Last edited:

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
If they didn't change that itnot opening with the gunbarrel and Bond theme, opening scene and then the visual credits, we wouldn't have gotten these:

Now, you're making my point for me. Thank you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad