Movies: No Time to Die

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
The chorus is decent, everything else is meh. They should have went with Dua Lipa.

Agreed. I'm not a fan of Dua Lipa's music, but her vocals and presence are worthy.

This one is...……passable? Kinda boring, better than Sam Smith but not something I'll remember. Hell, I already can't remember it after back to back listens.

Last edited:

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Agreed. I'm not a fan of Dua Lipa's music, but her vocals and presence are worthy.

This one is...……passable? Kinda boring, better than Sam Smith but not something I'll remember. Hell, I already can't remember it after back to back listens.

Yeah, Bond film songs have a certain vibe to them. Not sure Eilish was the right choice vocally. Dua Lipa is a more conventional vocalist in that regard.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I think it works better with video. Even with this short clip:

On Eilish, I think her voice is unique as it's very soft while still able to convey emotion or whatever. But with her, the biggest selling point is the songs, not the voice. Though she creates the songs with her brother, the latter might actually be more talented in that department. The biggest thing of course is that she's only 18, who knows how much she can develop yet. And I wouldn't be surprised if a year from now she can add "Oscar winner" to her resume.

Last edited:

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Does anyone know the best place to watch the Bond movies? I want to watch them all before this one comes out but not sure if they are available for streaming or if I'll have to Pirate.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Billie Eilish's rise to fame is one of the most perplexing I've ever seen. I do think she's a talented singer but she never showcases that in her music. Essentially every song she has is just her sleepily whispering and production that is unbelievably bare bones. How is this translating to mainstream audiences, especially a younger generation? I understand the appeal that she's so young, but it's not like there aren't other young artists out there. It's just mind blowing to me.

Reactions: gary69

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Does anyone know the best place to watch the Bond movies? I want to watch them all before this one comes out but not sure if they are available for streaming or if I'll have to Pirate.
All of the pre Craig ones were on Amazon Prime for a while. Not sure if they still are.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Billie Eilish's rise to fame is one of the most perplexing I've ever seen. I do think she's a talented singer but she never showcases that in her music. Essentially every song she has is just her sleepily whispering and production that is unbelievably bare bones. How is this translating to mainstream audiences, especially a younger generation? I understand the appeal that she's so young, but it's not like there aren't other young artists out there. It's just mind blowing to me.

It's the songs, not the voice.

There's a whole bunch of vocal coaches/analysts on Youtube analyzing her songs/voice(one of she did not like :DD ). It is a a talent to sing in such a "low" soothing voice.

The James Corden Carpool Karaoke video is a must watch for anyone not familiar with her.

She showed Alicia Keys a video of her doing a cover of "Fallin" when she was 12 at a talent show.:

Last edited:

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Song isn’t bad but I was hoping for more of an up-tempo song after the previous two were pretty slow.

Either way, the lyrics sure do seem to spoil a little of the movie...

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
I think the song suffers from some questionable production decisions. Eilish already has a soft voice, the instrumental shouldn't be even softer than her voice.

This sounds much better.

Last edited:

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Great voice and fine song--can't help but wonder what kind of Bond movie this introduces, though, certainly not a Brosnan/Moore-type romp. The song and performance whet my interest for the movie, so it has done its job.

Reactions: Jussi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad