No Supplemental Discipline for Reaves hit on Wilson

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
thatwordidonotthinkitmeanswhatyouthinkitmeans.jpeg

Calling out "safety police" is like calling out Sunday Christians. It's not ironic, it's too easy.
I think you're missing the operative element that people are so sick of Wilson's shit that they'd risk hypocrisy to celebrate or express a lack of sympathy for Wilson suffering the same fate he's brought to others. Let's not pretend that what Wilson does is vigilante justice.

Tuna Tatarrrrrr

Here Is The Legendary Rat Of HFBoards! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jun 13, 2012
That wasn't a situation that called for cleverness. He was naive thinking he could appeal to reason. He wasn't trying to trick him

So...good one?
Yeah naive or not clever enough to realize the situation?

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Yeah naive or not clever enough to realize the situation?
Not the way I was using clever, so I guess you're technically correct but it kinda cuts the effectiveness of the joke.

In any case, ten years of watching fans of cup winning teams on this site defaulting to the same tired "didn't win the cup" clapbacks is so tedious. Like, whether you think Reaves' lion in the jungle comment was funny or whether you think it makes him a clown, it's a pretty uncommon thing to say. I'd hesitate to call it inventive necessarily, but it's certainly not a cookie cutter comment. To respond with "hurr you didn't win the cup" is just so uncreative. And beyond that, unless you were a Pittsburgh fan, it's a privilege you have access to for only a year before your team is right back to joining the sad sacks that didn't win the cup.

zharkenby

Jun 17, 2011
I’m so happy this f***ing scum got what he deserved.

Wilson is an absolutely trash human and got laid out cleanley, and his coach is making him look like an enormous vagina.

Here’s to many more Reaves! Make this f*** learn :cheers:

Bando

Jun 24, 2016
"he ran into a lion in the jungle" I see that Reaves' intelligence is on par with his skill.
Hate to rain on your parade but in 2013 they found lions which lived in the Ethiopian rain forest (aka a jungle). So maybe Reaves' intelligence is actually greater than yours :naughty:

Reactions: AlphaMikeFoxtrots

Tuna Tatarrrrrr

Jun 13, 2012
Predictable and boring bud. Your boy was visibly intimidated all night long and left facedown. Dont get bitter, get better ;)
I'm not bitter at all and I'm already better but I have to come down to your level to give you a chance. ;)

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I think you're missing the operative element that people are so sick of Wilson's **** that they'd risk hypocrisy to celebrate or express a lack of sympathy for Wilson suffering the same fate he's brought to others. Let's not pretend that what Wilson does is vigilante justice.

I understand perfectly what's going on. People who object to something supposedly based on principle don't actually possess that principle. So I don't want to ever hear anyone on this site who celebrates this injury "because it's Tom Wilson and he deserved it" ever cry about player safety ever again.

EhlersChin

Aug 23, 2017
I'm not bitter at all and I'm already better but I have to come down to your level to give you a chance. ;)

Calm down Mustang Sally, give that post a quick re-read because it doesnt make sense. I kinda get what you were aiming for.

What I am not aiming for is a back and forth with "greatest hfboard agitator of all time!", lol. Start making sense or beat it kid.

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
This place is funny. Really comical.

One of the main reasons people hate Wilson is because they assume he wants to injure players. He doesn’t, I promise you. But he’s lost the benefit of the doubt after so many run ins with the DoPS.

Meanwhile, Ryan Reaves spends entire games, entire series just going after other players. But that’s fine.

Reactions: GreatGonzo

Koized

Oct 8, 2005
Not the way I was using clever, so I guess you're technically correct but it kinda cuts the effectiveness of the joke.

In any case, ten years of watching fans of cup winning teams on this site defaulting to the same tired "didn't win the cup" clapbacks is so tedious. Like, whether you think Reaves' lion in the jungle comment was funny or whether you think it makes him a clown, it's a pretty uncommon thing to say. I'd hesitate to call it inventive necessarily, but it's certainly not a cookie cutter comment. To respond with "hurr you didn't win the cup" is just so uncreative. And beyond that, unless you were a Pittsburgh fan, it's a privilege you have access to for only a year before your team is right back to joining the sad sacks that didn't win the cup.

The “clapback” you are referring to didn’t reference anything about the Cup. But good try making stuff up, same as you did in the playoffs.

Enjoy your team slowly becoming more irrelevant everyday as GMGM continues to destroy it!

Sorry

May 18, 2005
Gotta love the caps announcer going “that’s a blindside hit... the puck is no where near...”. Uh, yeah. You ever watch your boy Wilson play?

He’s gonna get removed from the league, one way or another. There’s no place for trash like him anymore.

Reactions: MattMartin

Tuna Tatarrrrrr

Jun 13, 2012
Calm down Mustang Sally, give that post a quick re-read because it doesnt make sense. I kinda get what you were aiming for.

What I am not aiming for is a back and forth with "greatest hfboard agitator of all time!", lol. Start making sense or beat it kid.
Alright Felicia, but hard to make sense when there was none initially lol.

Hank Plank

Jun 5, 2012
Alberta
This place is funny. Really comical.

One of the main reasons people hate Wilson is because they assume he wants to injure players. He doesn’t, I promise you. But he’s lost the benefit of the doubt after so many run ins with the DoPS.

Meanwhile, Ryan Reaves spends entire games, entire series just going after other players. But that’s fine.
Oh you promise. I'm convinced.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I understand perfectly what's going on. People who object to something supposedly based on principle don't actually possess that principle. So I don't want to ever hear anyone on this site who celebrates this injury "because it's Tom Wilson and he deserved it" ever cry about player safety ever again.
The principle is predicated on admonishing the continued injurious acts committed by a player upon players that typically aren't similarly dangerous to other players.

I think the dynamic changes when the victim in this case is one of the biggest health risks to his colleagues and has drawn in the most league wide ire since the days of Torres and Cooke. It also changes given that the potential concussion incurred here carries with it comparative fault on Wilson's failing to secure his helmet and wasn't a result of a primary point of contact hit to the head.

This isn't to reopen debates as to whether Wilson has ever hit someone in the head. I don't know what your opinion on that is, but it's irrelevant. I think people would be more upset based on said principle if Reaves had hit Wilson in the head.

EDIT: That said I don't think celebrating Wilson being injured is good at all. But not being sympathetic to him is not that appalling..

Last edited:

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
The “clapback” you are referring to didn’t reference anything about the Cup. But good try making stuff up, same as you did in the playoffs.

Enjoy your team slowly becoming more irrelevant everyday as GMGM continues to destroy it!
"and the lion in the jungle is sitting in the stands as a healthy scratch again."

Direct reference to him being scratched in the cup Finals and an implication of "what a loser on the losing team" that has been pervasive in this thread.

What am I making up again?

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
The more posts you make against Wilson, the more you are unknowingly showing you would love to have him on your team. Don't get bent that your GM didn't have the patience to try to develop a power forward.

You can swear to the internets that you don't want him on your team, but your GM would take him. And you'd cheer.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad