Post-Game Talk: No OT Luck - Jets Lose Game 2 - 5-4 (2OT)

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
If you have a subscription to The Athletic I suggest you read Murats article about Hendricks.

He's been fine-good all season 5vs5

Henricks may be fine 5v5 in the regular season against mostly other 4th lines and against on average, average teams (it is the regular season, you play all teams good and bad so on average you play against pretty much average). The Preds are the best team in the league and possess above average speed, excellent puck movement and active and skilled D. He can't keep up.

Also, what you failed to mention regarding The Athletic article on Hendricks is that he is a disaster on the PK. Which is why Maurice is using him over his other options - PK. Problem is, he does it really badly according to your guy Murat. Thanks for helping make my case that Maurice's decision to use Hendricks is a bad one.

Look, if you think that Hendricks is the best option that Maurice has right now against the Preds then let's just agree to disagree. I want us to win, so I am calling out what is pretty clear to me the weakest link. You have every right to disagree. You will be wrong, but you have every right. :D

Like I said before, a split is mission accomplished in Nashville. It just stings knowing that if anyone not named Hendricks was on the ice for us, we likely would have a 2-0 lead coming home.

thegr8one66

Mar 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Why do people think replacing Enstrom with Morrow makes us better when you still have Chiarot out there? That’s just plain dumb.
I just feel that Morrow brings more speed, battle and upside than Enstrom right now. I like Enstrom, however, bringing him back from an ankle injury and inserting him in the lineup against a fast team like NSH shows his inabilities. I'm not blaming him for our loss, either. I just feel we're stronger with a guy like Morrow.

I haven't noticed any glaring issues with Chiarot.

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
I only caught half the game, due to spending most of my evening trying to fix my laptop (one of my partitions was faulty, so a complete reinstall of everything was called for).

I thought they'd lose in regulation, but tying it up when they did was awesome. Looked like they were running low on gas halfway through 1OT.

I didn't get the impression they were really outmatched. I was hoping for a win 'cause that would have given us a huge advantage. But I can settle for the split.

The next 2 at home will be important. Win those 2, and we'll be in a good place.

I'd like to see Hendricks out and maybe Dano put in (if Armia or Frenchie are still out).

GJETson,
Not Really A Hockey Professor

Reactions: thegr8one66

YetAnotherGM

Jan 8, 2014
I just feel that Morrow brings more speed, battle and upside than Enstrom right now. I like Enstrom, however, bringing him back from an ankle injury and inserting him in the lineup against a fast team like NSH shows his inabilities. I'm not blaming him for our loss, either. I just feel we're stronger with a guy like Morrow.

Please re-watch Nashville's 3rd goal :)

Shazzam

Now 20% Chunkier
Oct 29, 2015
Great White North eh...
I guess I'm in the minority here, but I thought the Jets were pretty good in the first overtime, especially first 10-15 minutes. They Nashville started to pick up their play and there was that crazy scramble in front of Helle. But we came out to win it imo.

Reactions: GJETson

Coach

Dec 18, 2010
Please sit Hendricks and Enstrom , after a lengthy time off he is not up to speed . I do remember the coach saying he is playing players that will help the team do its best at any given time. At this time do not play Enstrom. If I was Enstrom I would do whats best for my team and sit out the next 2 games, when were up 3 games to 1 then come back to play game 5. Im going to game 4 if Enstrom is playing I will take off my whiteout jets jersey and have a Nashville jersey on. PLEASE DO WHATS BEST FOR THE TEAM ,THE FANS , AND THE CITY
First question why do you own a Nashville jersey if you are a jet fan?

Dayofthedogs

Bettman's hammer
Feb 20, 2016
Winnipeg

Did you not see goal number 3?

:huh:

Reactions: Blue Shakehead

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014

In what world is Morrow a better skater than Toby? Not to mention pretty much everything else to do with hockey.

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
My thoughts:
  • Why did the Jets looks so gassed in OT when the Preds did not? Is there an issue with the team's cardio training?
  • Seeing Hendrick on the ice made me angry every time. Please insert either Dano, Perreault or Armia next game.
  • Laine needs to start scoring. If he's not scoring he's pretty much useless and he just kind of coasts out there and he's not the best fore-checker.
  • We could have won last night, but comong out of Nashville with a split is impressive - mission accomplished.

DashingDane

Dutch boy
Dec 16, 2014
Los Angeles
I won't put any blame on Hendy. He did his best and it's not his fault he isn't better. It's 110% on PoMo for playing him. Can't come as a surprise that it would be a close game with risk of OT. And it can't be a surprise that Hendy doesn't have the wheels for double OT when he barely has wheels for 6 min of a regular game. Shame on PoMo for putting himself in a position where he has to overwork his top 9.

I thought the Stats line was by far the best line last night even though it didn't translate to points. Both Laine and Ehlers have had solid playoffs imo. A lot less risk in their play and they are creating a lot of chances. Just need the bounces now.

I actually think the 1st line has been the biggest disappointment thus far. Chef has been putting up points but I haven't loved his game outside of the super clutch goals. In fairness it's hard to be good when your two line mates aren't playing well. Wheels looks gassed (who would have thought with the minutes he has been fed all season :eyeroll:). Connor had a couple of good games against Minny but has been terribad the last couple of games. Maybe gifting him 1st line minutes regardless of play is making him too casual... I think he has been dragging that line down for two games now.

PS. Anyone who would rather play Morrow and Chiapet over Enstrom needs their head examined ;)

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca
Wait, I thought it was concluded by everyone that it was Enstrom's fault? :sarcasm:

The funniest part is that Enstrom has the least amount of blame on this play :facepalm:.

One guy on Twitter, let's throw a party lol. I would say that goal wasn't entirely his fault though. The other one was entirely his fault though lol.

Still can't believe Hendricks just skated off mid play. At the very least he should have been yelling at the bench for someone to get on.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DcCe5orVQAEUQrk.jpg

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca
I won't put any blame on Hendy. He did his best and it's not his fault he isn't better. It's 110% on PoMo for playing him. Can't come as a surprise that it would be a close game with risk of OT. And it can't be a surprise that Hendy doesn't have the wheels for double OT when he barely has wheels for 6 min of a regular game. Shame on PoMo for putting himself in a position where he has to overwork his top 9.

I thought the Stats line was by far the best line last night even though it didn't translate to points. Both Laine and Ehlers have had solid playoffs imo. A lot less risk in their play and they are creating a lot of chances. Just need the bounces now.

I actually think the 1st line has been the biggest disappointment thus far. Chef has been putting up points but I haven't loved his game outside of the super clutch goals. In fairness it's hard to be good when your two line mates aren't playing well. Wheels looks gassed (who would have thought with the minutes he has been fed all season :eyeroll:). Connor had a couple of good games against Minny but has been terribad the last couple of games. Maybe gifting him 1st line minutes regardless of play is making him too casual... I think he has been dragging that line down for two games now.

PS. Anyone who would rather play Morrow and Chiapet over Enstrom needs their head examined ;)

You put no blame on Hendricks skating off the ice mid play?

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Let's give Nashville some credit they are a good team. You knew a mistake was going to end the game. Unfortunately there was a series of mistakes by the Jets on that play ... not just one player. This is a team sport!
Newsflash: Hockey players are human ... they make mistakes just like you and I. You guys need to relax. The series will be going 6 or 7 games ... lots of ups and downs.

DashingDane

Dutch boy
Dec 16, 2014
Los Angeles
You put no blame on Hendricks skating off the ice mid play?

Nope. Never thought he was very good or makes good decisions. Didn't expect that to change in the playoffs. I blame PoMo for playing him. I also don't think a "fresh" Hendy ever catches Fiala regardless of him staying on the ice...

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Still can't believe Hendricks just skated off mid play. At the very least he should have been yelling at the bench for someone to get on.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DcCe5orVQAEUQrk.jpg

In that picture... 3 Jets converging on the puck carrier, 1 Jet heading to the bench, only 4 Preds in the picture so 1 is up the ice somewhere.... odds are good that there is going to be a good scoring chance whenever you try to defend like this... too bad the Jets decided to try it out in the 2nd OT.

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca
Nope. Never thought he was very good or makes good decisions. Didn't expect that to change in the playoffs. I blame PoMo for playing him. I also don't think a "fresh" Hendy ever catches Fiala regardless of him staying on the ice...
Fair enough. Hendricks was pretty much ahead of all of them, and they didn't even break out yet,they were still battling.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
I have no idea what you are talking about.

The coach determines lineup and player utilization. If Maurice calls me up knowing that I could not compete at the level required but plays me anyway, my f ups are on him.

Tanev can play and is effective in his role on the team. I would not be. Hendricks is not and there are better options. If there was no better option than Hendricks, then it's not on Maurice. Then you might ask why our GM only has Hendricks available to Maurice. But that's not the case. Injuries aren't forcing Maurice's hand on Hendy either.

It's just a bad decision by an obstinate coach.
Haha ignored the obvious point he made. Tanev in the same boat as Hendricks for being labelled bad all year. Right up until the start of round one.

Hendricks hurt way more than help yesterday but it's not usually that way. I'm assuming Armia is injured but I may be wrong on that assumption?

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Pretty similar play happened on the very first goal of the series. Little somehow gets control of the bouncing puck going through the Preds layers and Tanev is left uncovered

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad