Post-Game Talk: No OT Luck - Jets Lose Game 2 - 5-4 (2OT)

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Anyone got any videos of these? I missed the knee on Little. Too busy watching the cheap hit on Lowry while he was low.
I was the first time too. On the replay I saw the knee on Little. Both of those hits were dangerous. The NHL is going to have far fewer players if they let shit like that continue.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
What's wrong with Dano, or Matthias? Maurice just doesn't like them I guess?

Hell, Poolman or Morrow would probably suffice as wing instead of Hendricks.

I mentioned it earlier. Maurice chose Hendricks because he PK's Dano doesn't

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
This.

If the game had never even gone to OT I would be fine with a split. ( Still mad at Hendricks for being a dumb ass, but fine with the split ) That's all I wanted going into Nashville.

BUT... We got the game to OT and we had the chance to really put them down and out, and we missed that chance. Championship teams do not let the opponent get up when they can give them the final blow... they end it.

The Jets are young and most have never been in this position and pressure before and sometimes you learn by losing. The Jets were taught something last night.... will they learn from it?

Learn by losing? Its a good group, exceptional perhaps. So, to answer that, I'm going to say yes.

SirKlaus

Nov 8, 2017
Ol' Leadership McGlue skates right by Fiala on his way to the bench. Nice read. :shakehead

I think better scenario this could have played out is Hendo cutting straight into Fiala's path, realizing the situation (I ain't gonna keep up) and chopping Fiala's legs under him. Skating to change faster than he ever did would not had helped.

Nov 24, 2006
I mean, in less than 10 minutes TOI he had 2 minor penalties, one of which negated Copp's goal. In his 36 seconds of shorthanded time he was on the ice for a goal against. Relative to his TOI he had more impact on negative results than anyone else I think?

Here's a gif of his interference penalty.

Never noticed this during the play, but right before it happens, the guy that Hendricks knocks down is using his stick to push the other Nashville guy forward towards Buff.

Or maybe he's trying to pull him back, from an offside?

Never seen that before, LOL.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
I wonder what would happen to the Preds if we threw a dirty hit and got away with it? Think they might lose their composure honestly.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
I think better scenario this could have played out is Hendo cutting straight into Fiala's path, realizing the situation (I ain't gonna keep up) and chopping Fiala's legs under him. Skating to change faster than he ever did would not had helped.
The beer league line change didn't help...savvy move getting Connor out on the ice to take the minus though! :laugh:

Reactions: thegr8one66

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
This.

BUT... We got the game to OT and we had the chance to really put them down and out, and we missed that chance. Championship teams do not let the opponent get up when they can give them the final blow... they end it.

What does this even mean? This is just a cliché. Plenty of championship teams have missed opportunities to give an opponent the final blow. The final blow doesn't come until you've won 3 games anyway.

thegr8one66

Mar 22, 2010
Winnipeg
People aren't upset because we lost last night, it's just the way we lost. Hendricks can't keep up and Enstrom doesn't have the foot speed to be effective against a team like NSH, either. If Maurice keeps these two in the line-up going forward, it's going to be a short series for us. The pros outweigh the cons with Morrow replacing Enstrom and any other scratched forward replacing Hendricks.

Jets looked surprisingly sloppy for majority of both games. The PK is a terrible set-up (allowing teams to just pass around & fire away at will). Zone entry on our PP has been baffling. We've been very bad on faceoffs. NSH has controlled the play in both games. Yes, we've had some good spurts, but we also got lucky that NSH has missed some very good scoring chances (wide open nets) throughout the series.

The positive is that I know the Jets are capable of playing way better than we have been. We have the better goaltender. It's not a matter of our effort level. We just need to execute smarter.

Reactions: Board Bard

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
People aren't upset because we lost last night, it's just the way we lost. Hendricks can't keep up and Enstrom doesn't have the foot speed to be effective against a team like NSH, either. If Maurice keeps these two in the line-up going forward, it's going to be a short series for us. The pros outweigh the cons with Morrow replacing Enstrom and any other scratched forward replacing Hendricks.

Jets looked surprisingly sloppy for majority of both games. The PK is a terrible set-up (allowing teams to just pass around & fire away at will). Zone entry on our PP has been baffling. We've been very bad on faceoffs. NSH has controlled the play in both games. Yes, we've had some good spurts, but we also got lucky that NSH has missed some very good scoring chances (wide open nets) throughout the series.

The positive is that I know the Jets are capable of playing way better than we have been. We have the better goaltender. It's not a matter of our effort level. We just need to execute smarter.

I'm not upset at all.

Your post has a very negative slant. It severely discounts the good things the Jets did all game long. I just re-watched the first three periods. You get a very different feel when you do that because the emotion is not there to cloud judgement

Reactions: Scheifelaine

RyanHockeyVods

Apr 25, 2018

I'd argue that the PK did exactly what they wanted to, save for a couple shots. They want to have them shoot, but in a lane that the Jets want them to. Pomo has even said that our PK is built to have the other team shoot rather then pass.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I think next game they have to try something new. This is what I'd try:

Tanev-Scheifele-Wheeler
Laine-Stastny-Ehlers
Connor-Little-Roslovic
Lowry-Copp-Armia

Also, put Morrow in place of Enstrom. Enstrom gets out-competed so easily.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
I think next game they have to try something new. This is what I'd try:

Tanev-Scheifele-Wheeler
Laine-Stastny-Ehlers
Connor-Little-Roslovic
Lowry-Copp-Armia

Also, put Morrow in place of Enstrom. Enstrom gets out-competed so easily.

Glad your not our coach

Coach

Dec 18, 2010
Wow last night was a tough one as a fan. Like others sure hoping we get Armia or Perrault back healthy.
Hendriks is just a huge handicap in my view anyways.

Good2go

Apr 30, 2018
Please sit Hendricks and Enstrom , after a lengthy time off he is not up to speed . I do remember the coach saying he is playing players that will help the team do its best at any given time. At this time do not play Enstrom. If I was Enstrom I would do whats best for my team and sit out the next 2 games, when were up 3 games to 1 then come back to play game 5. Im going to game 4 if Enstrom is playing I will take off my whiteout jets jersey and have a Nashville jersey on. PLEASE DO WHATS BEST FOR THE TEAM ,THE FANS , AND THE CITY

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Please sit Hendricks and Enstrom , after a lengthy time off he is not up to speed . I do remember the coach saying he is playing players that will help the team do its best at any given time. At this time do not play Enstrom. If I was Enstrom I would do whats best for my team and sit out the next 2 games, when were up 3 games to 1 then come back to play game 5. Im going to game 4 if Enstrom is playing I will take off my whiteout jets jersey and have a Nashville jersey on. PLEASE DO WHATS BEST FOR THE TEAM ,THE FANS , AND THE CITY
Wow that truly is a lot of hate for Enstrom. He was not amazing, he made mistakes but I did not think Chariot, Myers were any better. Yes, Enstrom's mistakes were glaring because the other team happened to score, but still. In addition, I think Enstrom will be even better next game as he will be less rusty. No, I'm not Gnova saying that Enstrom is the best, still would rather Buff, Trouba or Morrissey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad