No Man's Sky - Part 2 - 1 thread down, 17,999,999,999,999,999,999 to go

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
turns out i need to disassemble something w/ instructions that require sac venom in order to stack

damn it

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
This game is definitely prone to crashing during warps, but other than that I've got no complaints with it

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Last week Sean Murray told Redbull this:

“We do want to add a ton of features, like we’ve just discussed: Freighters, bases, these type of things. But we want to do it for free. You’ve paid for the game, so you should get this stuff without paying even more money. So no, there will be no paid DLC, just patches”.

Today, he told the Daily Star this:

“Maybe in the future there’s some reason why we just couldn’t possibly afford to do a certain feature without charging for it”.

this guy is incredibly hard to root for.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
Went back to work for the first time since it came out - was interested to hear the reception. Pretty much everyone who had either seen it being played or who had bought it and played it thought it was awesome, totaling about a half dozen people. Of course, full disclaimer, my company is probably pretty much the target demographic for a game like this. We did the lenses for the New Horizons space craft that went to Pluto as well as work for a ton of other space and telescope projects. Being a sci-fi geek is hardly uncommon there :D.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX

If the game started life as a $30 early access title on Steam, it'd be tremendously well received. They could iterate as much as they want and then bring it to consoles. Instead, they went for a big release, at a AAA price point. It's hard to not be underwhelmed.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY
Figured I'd share some of my favorite shots so far:

Tr9wdvB.jpg

tqiPi8g.jpg

KkCbyo6.jpg

h5iGi7E.jpg

z12TFiF.jpg

gxXS83B.jpg

qWieYNI.jpg

ZBe5igI.jpg

Z8Jks4b.jpg

Last edited:

Butchered

I'm with Kuch
Apr 30, 2004
I'm so confused as to why I see the same people in here constantly down talking the game. You figure you would just not come into a thread about the game to say the same things over and over about a game you supposedly don't even care about. It's confusing.

I found a planet with real harsh winds last night. Pretty much no flora but tons of fauna. Discovered over 9 different animals on a 10 minute trip to an abandoned building.

Was also attacked by this, so F that place.

Z2x5vAH.jpg

Butchered

I'm with Kuch
Apr 30, 2004
Last week Sean Murray told Redbull this:

Today, he told the Daily Star this:

I don't care about this dude one way or another, so it's not like I'm trying to defend him, but I wonder if that first comment is pre-release.

I'm sure after hundreds of crybabies email and Twitter and Facebook screaming about how they can't blow up planets with missiles and there's no sniper rifles and how they can't grief other players and make their experience miserable that will kind of make you try to take your game in a direction you hadn't intended, even a week ago.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
I'm so confused as to why I see the same people in here constantly down talking the game. You figure you would just not come into a thread about the game to say the same things over and over about a game you supposedly don't even care about. It's confusing.

I think this is a place to vent our frustration too, is it not?

for me this game is....underwhelming...its a great concept and the features are amazing plus it has a ton of potential but frankly, there's not enough "hook" for me to get to the center

the exploration aspects are fun at first but after while, it gets boring for me

I think this is a game that'll will be much better if they ever make a sequel

Butchered

I'm with Kuch
Apr 30, 2004
I think this is a place to vent our frustration too, is it not?

for me this game is....underwhelming...its a great concept and the features are amazing plus it has a ton of potential but frankly, there's not enough "hook" for me to get to the center

the exploration aspects are fun at first but after while, it gets boring for me

I think this is a game that'll will be much better if they ever make a sequel

Of course, and I'm not saying that people shouldn't have issues with the game, because there certainly are some, but it's kind of ridiculous when the same folks are responding to pretty much anything positive anyone has to say with something negative. You've made your point. We know you don't like the game. I just don't see how posting incessantly about it changes anything.

I still think they'll do good things to this existing game through patches. I don't disagree that the game is relatively thin as is (even though I'm still enjoying the hell out of it). I also play maybe 1 hour a day. I can see it getting worse if you're playing 3-5 hours at a time.

Teezax

Nov 25, 2002
Montreal
So I'm not sure if this is a glitch, but I read that once you get the anomaly in space for the Atlas path, you are supposed to get an atlas stone and atlas pass blueprint. I visited the first anomaly, got the stone, and then another anomaly opened. Warped there, same thing, just a stone, no pass. And then a 3rd anomaly. Another stone... no pass or blueprint. Now a 4th one opened and can only access it with a an upgrade to my warp reactor. Is this normal? Shuld I have gotten the blueprint?

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Found this on Reddit:

This post is kinda long but I feel it's details are necessary for you to get the full picture of what happened. So there I was playing no mans sky jumping from system to system. Specifically I was looking for manufacturing facilities interested in finding different blueprints.

Well I came to one system which had one so I flew down to it. It was HEAVILY guarded by sentinels. Like at least 10 sentinels. I managed to fight my way into the facility and solve the little puzzle expecting a very valuable blueprint. To my shock, I didn't receive any blueprints or items or anything. I was pissed! I walked out of the facility and as soon as I did I received an "Anomaly Detected" notification. I became super curious as to what it could be. It was about 2 systems over so after fueling my hyperdrive I warped over to it. This is where it gets weird. The anomaly was actually on a planet which is something I've never seen before. I flew down and all it is, is a monolith.

Still curious at this point, I walk up to it and interact with it. It's just a normal korvax monolith. It only spoke one word which surprisingly I understood. "Give". I had the option to give 10 thamium9, 10 heridium or to ask what the monolith desired. I chose to ask. The monolith then pauses for a second before it says, "...I need about tree fiddy"

Well it was about that time that I noticed that this monolith was about an 8 story tall crustacean from the paleolithic era with big red eyes lookin down on me and I said "DAMMIT Loch Ness monster! I don told you I ain't givin you no damn tree fiddy! I work for my units and I don't give units away!" That's like the fourth time this week.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
[/IMG]

If I didn't care about the game I likely wouldn't spend my spare time posting about it online or reading the sub-Reddit / Neogaf threads.

It's not all roses. It's a shallow game with deep ambitions and a ton of room for potential improvement.

ngc_5128

Sep 24, 2002
So I'm not sure if this is a glitch, but I read that once you get the anomaly in space for the Atlas path, you are supposed to get an atlas stone and atlas pass blueprint. I visited the first anomaly, got the stone, and then another anomaly opened. Warped there, same thing, just a stone, no pass. And then a 3rd anomaly. Another stone... no pass or blueprint. Now a 4th one opened and can only access it with a an upgrade to my warp reactor. Is this normal? Shuld I have gotten the blueprint?

Did you speak to both of the guys inside the anomaly, or just the priest? I think it was the gek fella with the goggles that gives you the blueprint.

misterchainsaw

Preparing PHASE TWO!
Nov 3, 2005
Rochester, NY

[spoil]Atlas Interfaces aren't the same thing as the "space anomaly" you need to find for the Atlas Pass. The location marker in the system after you warp will say "space anomaly" - I think they show up randomly.[/spoil]

Teezax

Nov 25, 2002
Montreal
Did you speak to both of the guys inside the anomaly, or just the priest? I think it was the gek fella with the goggles that gives you the blueprint.

That's the part not making sense. I've been to three anomalies and none of them had npc's. It was all interfaces that i had to click. Not surprised though, from the get-go occurrences like this have been different for me than other players.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
The new GeForce driver that was released today seems to have completely fixed any FPS issues I was having.

Discovered a really cool planet with giant lakes.

Really harsh radiation and lots of storms. Almost learned to not stray too far from my ship the hard way. Managed to find an escape pod to chill in until the storm passed.

Teezax

Nov 25, 2002
Montreal
[spoil]Atlas Interfaces aren't the same thing as the "space anomaly" you need to find for the Atlas Pass. The location marker in the system after you warp will say "space anomaly" - I think they show up randomly.[/spoil]

[spoil]I'm fairly certain the message said each time "a new space anomaly has been found"
I could perhaps be wrong. Perhaps the wording is similar. But it was no doubt an atlas interface. I'll keep ******* around and see what happens. Thx this could possibly be what i'm experiencing. [/spoil]

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
14 hours in and I just realized those codes at observatories is a puzzle and not something you just guess haha.

I was thinking it was kind of dumb that when you stumble onto those things it had a 66% chance to end up being nothing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad